ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #3436
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRiedinger View Post
Ill sell you a DRZ that you likely couldn't outride and (probably) won't break like all this super expensive stuff you keep doing to that husa

probably cost around what you've got into/going into total on the rekluse setup
You dont know me very well do you
Old 10-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #3437
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post

....and this may piss some folks off even more since I ruined the Sunday morning ride....

Nonsense! .....your still in good standing.

Would have been entertaining seeing some video of you throwing wrenches around the the garage though......
bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #3438
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber1965 View Post
Nonsense! .....your still in good standing.

Would have been entertaining seeing some video of you throwing wrenches around the the garage though......
this all started from my misreading inch lbs and ft lbs... a mistake I hadnt made in 20 years since I snapped a bolt off in the stock of my Remington sniper rifle.. I blame the lack of caffeine that morning :) Good thing is that Rekluse is going to fix the part for $50... those folks are good to go.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #3439
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,257
Columbus Day Weekend (Friday, 10/5 through Monday, 10/8), cheesebot and I are camping in Tolland State Forest. The idea is a repeat of the May Berkshires ride (the "Vince's I'm not dead yet" rides).

We're in tent site #070. Neighboring sites are available. I think we're going to have mrt10x and tmlee sharing with us. cheese & I are planning on riding up Friday afternoon and riding back Monday. Weather is looking gooooood.

Just a note: Tolland has OHV riding. You may want to challenge yourself, but be sure to have all the stickers/permits/pints-of-blood-to-officials-in-MA in order. We're sticking to the dirt roads.

Last night I found a local orchard that has the best apple variety ever (winesap!) and they make their own cider (real cider, not that non-alchoholic, what's-the-point? stuff). That'll most likely be a Saturday ride.

Come for the leaves, and enjoy the campfire when it's actually cold enough to need it!

Scoot Commute: Getting to and from work on 10 inch wheels
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #3440
Bob Q
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
this all started from my misreading inch lbs and ft lbs... a mistake I hadnt made in 20 years since I snapped a bolt off in the stock of my Remington sniper rifle.. I blame the lack of caffeine that morning :) Good thing is that Rekluse is going to fix the part for $50... those folks are good to go.

Glad it worked out!

Now back to our regular sceduled riding events!
Bob Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #3441
Bikenstitches
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber1965 View Post
below video on youtube...click the share button....then click the embed button that shows up......copy and paste that embed link to forum....and nobody appears to like that youtube stabilizer image thingy.

Thanks for the tip
Old 10-02-2012, 05:24 AM   #3442
hydrashoks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
i'll have to keep an eye on this thread...thanks for the direction from the other one...

JB
hydrashoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #3443
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post
Columbus Day Weekend (Friday, 10/5 through Monday, 10/8), cheesebot and I are camping in Tolland State Forest. The idea is a repeat of the May Berkshires ride (the "Vince's I'm not dead yet" rides).

We're in tent site #070. Neighboring sites are available. I think we're going to have mrt10x and tmlee sharing with us. cheese & I are planning on riding up Friday afternoon and riding back Monday. Weather is looking gooooood.

Just a note: Tolland has OHV riding. You may want to challenge yourself, but be sure to have all the stickers/permits/pints-of-blood-to-officials-in-MA in order. We're sticking to the dirt roads.

Last night I found a local orchard that has the best apple variety ever (winesap!) and they make their own cider (real cider, not that non-alchoholic, what's-the-point? stuff). That'll most likely be a Saturday ride.

Come for the leaves, and enjoy the campfire when it's actually cold enough to need it!
I reserved site #71 as well since it looks like Al and I will be trucking our smaller bikes up. This will also allow me to bring chairs, coolers, ice, and a 12x12 canopy for the once again predicted rain.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #3444
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 667
Quote:
I reserved site #71 as well since it looks like Al and I will be trucking our smaller bikes up. This will also allow me to bring chairs, coolers, ice, and a 12x12 canopy for the once again predicted rain.
I reserved site #72. Trailering the TW's.

I think I can figure out a good route here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bash_Bish_Falls We were close to it when we did the Berkshire Triple a couple of weeks ago. Looks like it could be on the way to the orchard?

http://www.LapelPinPlanet.com
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #3445
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

it's a party
Old 10-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #3446
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,538
I emailed the MA authorities to warn them of our approach. I was told that you don't need the OHV/ATV permit for the designated trails (15 miles worth I guess) in Tolland but you do need to get a MA ATV registration for your already street registered and insured "off highway vehicle".. I don't know how much that costs but I doubt they have easy to get weekend registrations..

see ya'll there.. I may be doing my bike maintenance at the campsite Friday night/Saturday morning before I can ride.. I'll see if I can find a fake red haired beard I can wear....

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #3447
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post

I don't know how much that costs but I doubt they have easy to get weekend registrations..

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=107

bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #3448
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post
I emailed the MA authorities to warn them of our approach. I was told that you don't need the OHV/ATV permit for the designated trails (15 miles worth I guess) in Tolland but you do need to get a MA ATV registration for your already street registered and insured "off highway vehicle".. I don't know how much that costs but I doubt they have easy to get weekend registrations..

see ya'll there.. I may be doing my bike maintenance at the campsite Friday night/Saturday morning before I can ride.. I'll see if I can find a fake red haired beard I can wear....
did you tell them we were from the internet?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #3449
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,536
Old 10-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #3450
cheesebot
I cheesebot

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
MRT10X is saying, "You know I've got a no-mar tire changer at home..."
cheesebot is online now   Reply With Quote