ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #4051
go2cnavy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenstitches View Post
Or Sunday if no rain? I've committed myself to some Brit bike group activities Saturday
Looks like 50* w/ 20% chance of rain in Newport. Might b a good day to get the big ol' girl dirty.

990A / 450 EXC R/ 250 EXC/ 450R - for sale
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #4052
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,629
I put in my OT request for the weekend, Sunday only. It'll be too nice to work on Saturday, gotta play sometime...
Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #4053
ztriumph
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Subscribed

In
ztriumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #4054
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,362
ok kids, me and jgormley are going to meet up at 11am at the Seven Stars bakery on Hope Street (hi levain!) on Saturday (1/12) for the "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" Probbydense tour. All are invited. I do have a scooter to lend if you really want to embrace urban riding because really, how better to outrun the Hanover Boyz than on a 27-year-old TNG Honda?!

Later on Saturday (6pm), all are invited to the charming abode of the cheesebot and me, Thistle House, to watch the first week of Dakar. We got a good feed from British Euro Sport where they talk about more than Robbie Gordon and Cyril Despres. Best of luck to Pal-Anders Ullevalseter, the green meanie! If you want to come over, shoot me a PM and I'll give you directions.
New England to New Scotland

lilolita screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 09:36 PM
lilolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #4055
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post
ok kids, me and jgormley are going to meet up at 11am at the Seven Stars bakery on Hope Street (hi levain!) on Saturday (1/12) for the "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" Probbydense tour. All are invited. I do have a scooter to lend if you really want to embrace urban riding because really, how better to outrun the Hanover Boyz than on a 27-year-old TNG Honda?!

Later on Saturday (6pm), all are invited to the charming abode of the cheesebot and me, Thistle House, to watch the first week of Dakar. We got a good feed from British Euro Sport where they talk about more than Robbie Gordon and Cyril Despres. Best of luck to Pal-Anders Ullevalseter, the green meanie! If you want to come over, shoot me a PM and I'll give you directions.

In like a thing that is in stuff. and things.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #4056
tkeskin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:

Somebody said " Dakar" ??I had plans that day but I am going to try to figure out something..I wonder what kind of bullshit Cyril Despres would pull again.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #4057
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,571
damn. I have to be in NY that day.. If not I would be showing up at some point.. I don't think I need a tour of providence after living there for so many years but hanging out watching Dakar proceedings would be fun and a tour of your garage would be interesting too...

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:00 PM   #4058
MATPOC
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 960
I can meet you at Seven Strollers but will be on 4 wheels, I have to deliver my offspring to some educational gathering 10:30ish and pick him up by noon....
MATPOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #4059
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
Sunday Ride?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #4060
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,586
Big bike? The weekend does look nice. I'm sure ill be up for putting some miles on. My knee has been giving me a good bit of pain since before New Year, but I think its calming down. I should be able to ride this weekend.

It's been a while since I crossed the bridges, maybe a ride out your way is in order.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #4061
Stan Dalone
Gotta get somma dat

Oddometer: 1,302
Are you thinking adventure ride, or just tarmac?
I might be so inclined for a road ride?

The Blog from our adventure ride
Stan Dalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #4062
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,586
The more slab the better. Not really interested in pushing my luck on the big bike this weekend. If I'm going that way, I wouldn't mind stopping at Newport Vineyards to see what they have this year. I get 20% off.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #4063
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
yeah tarmac for me.. I dont have a skidplate on the bike right now, although I may get to it before the weekend We could start here in Newport.. meet up at my place.. do lunch before or after the ride .. good fish and chips right down the street, Ocean Drive is a good ride this time of year, head up to the Little Compton area.. some decent riding to be had there. Here is my solution to knee pain
Old 01-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #4064
leftystrat62
Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Quote:

I wonder if I can sneak by with the big red truck- I get on at 5pm Sat- got enough food for me and the boyz.
leftystrat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #4065
go2cnavy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 518
akarob/mrt10x,

I'm in and can meet up anywhere. I like the idea of a local ride. The winery and Little Compton souds like a good start...

time?

990A / 450 EXC R/ 250 EXC/ 450R - for sale
go2cnavy is offline   Reply With Quote