ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #4381
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAP View Post
I'll be camping with the bike at Winhall Brook Campground this Friday and Sat nights (mem day weekend) in SW VT. I definitely plan on hitting Mt. Equinox and Mt. Greylock while there. The site has room for one more tent if anyone wants to tag along.
Well I got a second spot in the campground.. the last one available for online resevations.. I think it was 22 on the "south loop" for Friday and Sat nights as well. If no one else wants to come along I will join you in your spot.. if others, Alcontrast, want to come up we can use both spots. My spot is already paid for so camping is free on your tax dollars This is all subject to change based on the whims of my convoluted brain housing group. I was going to put a new TKC 80 on the BMW this week, but now I will put on my street tire and save the knobby for later.

mrt10x screwed with this post 05-21-2013 at 02:06 PM
mrt10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #4382
WAP
Weekday Warrior

Oddometer: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Well I got a second spot in the campground.. the last one available for online resevations.. I think it was 22 on the "south loop" for Friday and Sat nights as well. If no one else wants to come along I will join you in your spot.. if others, Alcontrast, want to come up we can use both spots. My spot is already paid for so camping is free on your tax dollars This is all subject to change based on the whims of my convoluted brain housing group. I was going to put a new TKC 80 on the BMW this week, but now I will put on my street tire and save the knobby for later.
Right on Broseph.
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #4383
High Hope
World's Best Dog

Oddometer: 8,071
Quote:
New to the CT/RI ADV group but spent lots of time in ME VT NH with the Mainiacs (what can I say, I just like those guys ). I missed the first ME meet of the year last weekend, but this sounds like it could be fun. What time would you be leaving Fri, mrt10? I would like to consider coming along, I need to test my new Honda NC700 (on street Battleaxes). Let me know? Thanks.
BTW I'm in Providence, RI
High Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #4384
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,829
Quote:

I was going to put a new TKC 80 on the BMW this week, but now I will put on my street tire and save the knobby for later.

Yeah, but are ya gonna use the Cycle Hill Tire Changer..... .....or pay someone to do it?

bomber1965 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #4385
lilolita
fahr mit mir

Oddometer: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Hope View Post
I need to test my new Honda NC700
BTW I'm in Providence, RI
So there's an ADVer in Probbydense with an NC700 -- hmmmm. Maybe I'll have to call a burger night. I wish I could make this campout.
New England to New Scotland

lilolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #4386
tmlee
Enigma

Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAP View Post
I'll be camping with the bike at Winhall Brook Campground this Friday and Sat nights (mem day weekend) in SW VT. I definitely plan on hitting Mt. Equinox and Mt. Greylock while there. The site has room for one more tent if anyone wants to tag along.
Sounds like a good time but I am working through Saturday evening.

Have fun!
- Robert Frost
tmlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #4387
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber1965 View Post
Yeah, but are ya gonna use the Cycle Hill Tire Changer..... .....or pay someone to do it?

Hey that is a fair question.. my attempts at changing dirt bike tires on the NoMar have been less than stellar.. honestly a 5 gallon bucket is probably more use than the NoMar... but it is supposed to be more useful on the tubeless BMW tires.. so I gave it a shot.. trying to beat the thunderstorms.. It took me a bout an hour.. and getting the last 6 inches of bead over the rim was tough. I notice that in all the videos the NoMar guys always use soft walled sportbike tires.. not super stiff walled Metzler adv tires..

Old tire off

Success... it was real bitch getting the bead seated.. I couldnt get it out of the center indentation in the rim... so when I tried to air it up the air was just leaking out.. I eventually muscled the dam bead into place and my air compressor got the job done.

Only have to change tires another 20-25 times and it will have paid for itself tomorrow I try and balance it.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #4388
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 836
Mrs Trip and I might turn up Saturday afternoon. Hope there's space for a tent.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.LapelPinPlanet.com
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #4389
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,571
I'm planning to head up sometime as well but it will probably be mid afternoon Saturday.

as for motorcycle tire changing.. I have the cheapo Harbor Freight version of the NoMar even with the bead breaker on the base of it...

I seam to only use the bead breaker part.

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #4390
stromper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
2x4 bead breaker 3 tire irons small compressor pc of rug less than $100

I recommend go to real automotive store and ask at the counter for REAL automotive tire lubricant $10 for a gallon. Remove majority of old tire with spray lube as lubricant. Get a container of REAL automotive tire talcum to coat the tube and inside of tire.

***** never use more than 65 psi to seat your beads, cheap tires Shinko etc. will have damage if over inflated, just more lube and beat with a rubber mallet.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #4391
bomber1965
Duel

Quote:
Hey that is a fair question..

It took me about an hour..
Old 05-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #4392
mrt10x OP
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromper View Post
2x4 bead breaker 3 tire irons small compressor pc of rug less than $100

I recommend go to real automotive store and ask at the counter for REAL automotive tire lubricant $10 for a gallon. Remove majority of old tire with spray lube as lubricant. Get a container of REAL automotive tire talcum to coat the tube and inside of tire.

***** never use more than 65 psi to seat your beads, cheap tires Shinko etc. will have damage if over inflated, just more lube and beat with a rubber mallet.
youre brilliant and much better at everything than me.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #4393
High Hope
World's Best Dog

Oddometer: 8,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post
So there's an ADVer in Probbydense with an NC700 -- hmmmm. Maybe I'll have to call a burger night. I wish I could make this campout.
Lilolita, did we meet at the Seaplane Diner on Allens Ave a few weeks back, you were heading north for a camping weekend? Maybe not you, but there aren't many RIers on ADV.
High Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #4394
bomber1965
Duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Hope View Post

......., but there aren't many RIers on ADV.

.....something to do with the high taxes, me thinks!

Old 05-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #4395
WAP
Weekday Warrior

Oddometer: 998
Memorial Day campout

Sounds like the campout is becoming more popular than I expected. I just want to point out that we only have two sites rented (I have one and Matt the other), and a limit of two tents per site. The extra tent spaces are first come first serve IMO, and I'll post up when (if) we reach capacity. It sucks to turn people away, but I also don't want to piss off the campground staff on what's sure to be a hectic holiday weekend.

Illegal stealth camping is probably totally possible in the area, but you didn't hear that from me.
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote