ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2004, 09:03 AM   #16
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry
You bastards need to be hard core "adventurers" and ride in the cold to Fredericksburg. Then Tim can buy ME a beer.

Hell, I'd meet you guys, I work off Sunrise Valley. But I ain't gettin' into shitty traffic to have a beer with you.

Barry
Yeah, no traffic down in F'burg! Do they even have beer down there?

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:09 AM   #17
Dark OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 943
Quote:
Hell, I'd meet you guys, I work off Sunrise Valley. But I ain't gettin' into shitty traffic to have a beer with you.

Barry
I work off Sunrise Valley @ Reston Pkwy, the traffic is always shitty, so you might as well have a beer with us & let traffic die down
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 09:11 AM   #18
storymitchell
Member of the proletariat

Oddometer: 1,265
The fatter you are, the slower you get drunk.

So there is a plus to being 55 lbs overweight!

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
storymitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:32 PM   #19
Glockenspiel
Battle Scooter Pilot

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
You bastards need to be hard core "adventurers" and ride in the cold to Fredericksburg. Then Tim can buy ME a beer.

Barry
I tried to exit 95 South at Route 3 the other day. Talk about a traffic nightmare. I hope you're not on that side of the tracks. Stick around for a beer next week or a decaf latte if you prefer. Some people need the decaf around here...
Glockenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 02:32 PM   #20
Barry
Just Beastly

Oddometer: 7,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockenspiel
I tried to exit 95 South at Route 3 the other day. Talk about a traffic nightmare. I hope you're not on that side of the tracks. Stick around for a beer next week or a decaf latte if you prefer. Some people need the decaf around here...
I may stop in. What time ?

I live east of 95, north of 17 and south of 630. Nice rural area.

Barry

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 05:31 PM   #21
Glockenspiel
Battle Scooter Pilot

Quote:
I may stop in. What time ?

I live east of 95, north of 17 and south of 630. Nice rural area.

Barry
Please stop in. You can tell us all about your 640 Adventure. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:29 PM   #22
storymitchell

I used to live just down the road from the Lakeside Inn. I believe I was invited to never return. That was a number of yesars ago, however, so hopefully they will not remember me.

As a thought, guys, for future get-togethers the Vienna Inn is less expensive and friendlier.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:01 PM   #23
CityClip
Upgraded to Scooterdom

Oddometer: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsquiggy
Do you guys actually get shitfaced,,,,,or just buzzed,,,,,before you take command of your bike/car and ride/drive home? Or do you drink only one or two,,,,,wait awhile, then go home? Or do you have designated drivers?

I never understood the appeal of driving someplace to drink, then risking everything to make it home. Not in this day of over regulation by overzealous cops supporting the corrupt judicial systems of counties like Fairfax. Wow,,,that opened a can of worms,,,,, .

Back in the day, we drove around drinking a 6-pack with our open containers perched on the dash. That behavior ended in the late 70's. What's your response to my original question? I've never seen the appeal of going out to drink. Although I occasionally go out to my garage and slam a couple.
Um. Are you OK Squig? and what happened to your awesome avatar?
Old 12-17-2004, 08:04 AM   #24
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Quote:
Originally Posted by storymitchell
As a thought, guys, for future get-togethers the Vienna Inn is less expensive and friendlier.
Looks like a fine joint for the next gathering.

photo galleries
Old 12-17-2004, 08:15 AM   #25
MrE
computer driver

Oddometer: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman
Looks like a fine joint for the next gathering.
It is a fine joint indeed. I do miss the old folks though. Mollie was so gruff and cut idiots and assholes NO slack. She would chew you a new one if you screwed up or did something she didn't like (such as not closing the door fast enough behind you on a cold day).

From an article:
Quote:
"You could sit at a table with strangers and by the end of the night be friends," said Mollie Abraham. "Unless you're uptight. But then you have no business being there."
Another quote:
Quote:
"Do you sit that way at home?" she once called to a burly beer drinker lounging with his work boots on the seat of a worn and chipped booth. "Do you put your feet on the furniture at home? Get them down!"

The man moved his feet.
What a great place...
The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
- Thomas Jefferson
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 09:18 AM   #26
Barry
Just Beastly

Oddometer: 7,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockenspiel
Please stop in. You can tell us all about your 640 Adventure. Thanks.
Oh, do you reeeaaallly care about my 640???

Barry

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 05:33 PM   #27
storymitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnloe
It is a fine joint indeed. I do miss the old folks though. Mollie was so gruff and cut idiots and assholes NO slack. She would chew you a new one if you screwed up or did something she didn't like (such as not closing the door fast enough behind you on a cold day).
I was there with a friend one day when he made the mistake of saying that it was cheese whiz on the chili cheese dogs. Now, quite frankly, I agreed with him but I was smart enough not to say so because Mollie overheard him and spent the next couple of minutes telling him where stuff his opinions, cheese whiz, and the horse he rode in on. In addition to Mollie, I also miss the days where they had a single kind of beer. You'd walk in, sit down, and just tell them how many you wanted. Now I gotta listen to all of my yuppie friends ask what they have on tap and then discuss the relative merits of the different microbreweries.

Old 12-17-2004, 06:53 PM   #28
CityClip
Upgraded to Scooterdom

Oddometer: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsquiggy
Have you sold all your units? Are you heading south for the winter? In Jan. I'm going to Ft. Lauderdale, Key West, Belize, Cozumel, and back to Ft. Lauderdale.

Are you still buying a dirt bike? If so, consider a dual sport, since the riding areas around are all illegal. I'm going to sell/trade my WR250F for something, not sure what yet.
My dreams of Mexico are kind of not doing very well. I'm chained to my building, but I might be able to get away a bit in Jan-Feb. How are you getting to Belize? Your route sounds like you'll be on a boat for part of the time.

I'm still waffling on the dirt bike thing. I've been too busy. I did look at KTMs but a lot of people like the DRZ400. It just seems much more practical to get a Suzuki. I dunno. The KTMs are serious off road machines and it's hard to resist that. But I don't like their parts situation and the dealer here in DC kind of sucks. Is your WR dualsported?
Old 12-17-2004, 10:19 PM   #29
Glockenspiel
Battle Scooter Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by storymitchell
I was there with a friend one day when he made the mistake of saying that it was cheese whiz on the chili cheese dogs. Now, quite frankly, I agreed with him but I was smart enough not to say so because Mollie overheard him and spent the next couple of minutes telling him where stuff his opinions, cheese whiz, and the horse he rode in on. In addition to Mollie, I also miss the days where they had a single kind of beer. You'd walk in, sit down, and just tell them how many you wanted. Now I gotta listen to all of my yuppie friends ask what they have on tap and then discuss the relative merits of the different microbreweries.
come on out to my hood... they've got bud or bud light:

http://www.equilibrix.com/originalst...teak12_04.html
Old 12-19-2004, 06:01 PM   #30
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

What time, folks?

photo galleries