Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #16
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkner
Even though I was born in Tupelo,
I did not know that. I knew there was a reason you are such a good guy!
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #17
Faulkner
Patriot

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid
I did not know that. I knew there was a reason you are such a good guy!
Yep, still have kinfolks in the Pontotoc area. My folks moved to Arkansas when I was 5 so I pretty much claim to be a native Arkansan.

Last entry on the ride report . . . when CottonTop and I got to the bike rally in Florance, Alabama, it had turned off hot for the day. While most of the bikes were parking in the paved parking lots, we saw a stand of pines that a few bikes were parking under. We headed over to park our Stroms in the shade.

We shed off our gear, lock up the bikes and headed off to the concessions to get something cool to drink. Mercy alive, they were all lined up with folks who obviously had the same idea. CottonTop got in line and I drifted on down a ways and found a small vendor with a short line who was peddling big ol' cups of ice cold homemade leamonade . . . I paid the man for two and went back and fetched CottonTop from the line he was still in, didn't look like he'd moved very far either.

After a while we went back to the bikes and set down in the shade next to them to rest a spell. We were pretty much surrounded by chrome laden bikes, mostly Harley's. It wasn't too long before we had gathered a small group of other riders checking out the CottonTop's Vee and my Wee. We had a nice conversation with them about the attributes of the dual sport bikes and our ability to do some highway touring on them. Of course, I deferred to CottonTop as he's the 'man' when it comes to riding long and hard on a Strom.

We split up and headed back the next day. I headed west towards Arkansas about daylight. As I was cruising through Corinth, Mississippi about 7:00 am I noticed a donut shop with a firetruck parked out front, and figuring that a firefighter is nearly as good a connoisseur of good donuts as a cop, I wheeled in to give it try. Quant little ship, great service and the donuts were super.

Although we had a great three day ride, I was glad to get back to the Ozarks. I knew I was getting close to home when I went through Pickles Gap on US 65 headed north.

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

Faulkner screwed with this post 10-16-2010 at 05:01 PM
Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote