Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #61
Capt Dan
Just Livin' a Dream

Oddometer: 190
Great RR and pics. Until this years ADV Rally I never realized how nice the Dual Sport riding was in the WI and MI areas. Living about 8 hours South in East Central Illinois it was a welcome trek. cannonshot laid out some wonderful routes that fit my skill level on the Big GSA.
This UP route with the go-arounds for Big Bikes seems like a great ride for next season. Maybe I missed it, but is the GPS route posted somehere for Upload to Mapsource. I will likely put up a post next year looking for some adventureous types with big bikes to make the run with me.
Thanks again Cannonshot for your work, so I can play..
Capt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #62
OldSilverFox
Let's Go!

Oddometer: 395
Capt Dan
I too have enjoyed Cannonshot's work and think the UP would be gret destination early next year. Might be able to get a group together to meet for a ride. I ride a Varadero so the bikes are similar in size.
OldSilverFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #63
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 19,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSilverFox
Capt Dan
I too have enjoyed Cannonshot's work and think the UP would be gret destination early next year. Might be able to get a group together to meet for a ride. I ride a Varadero so the bikes are similar in size.
Don't plan anything too early. Last year was a near record for lack of snowfall in some areas. This is how it looked in late April. Usually the woods isn't clear for sure until you are into May a bit.
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #64
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Dan
Great RR and pics. Until this years ADV Rally I never realized how nice the Dual Sport riding was in the WI and MI areas. Living about 8 hours South in East Central Illinois it was a welcome trek. cannonshot laid out some wonderful routes that fit my skill level on the Big GSA.
This UP route with the go-arounds for Big Bikes seems like a great ride for next season. Maybe I missed it, but is the GPS route posted somehere for Upload to Mapsource. I will likely put up a post next year looking for some adventureous types with big bikes to make the run with me.
Thanks again Cannonshot for your work, so I can play..
Thanks Dan. I'll put a post in this thread with a link when I get the tracks up for download. Make sure you report back with your big bike experience on this thing.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #65
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow
excellent as usual we have been blessed with great riding weather lately...glad you could enjoy it with relative solitude.
Thanks Jeffrey. Hope you get to enjoy this. I guess you a close enough you could knock it off on a couple of long weekends.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #66
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill
Great pictures as always

I'm going to have to think about this one for my annual Michigan trip next year.
Thanks. You won't be disappointed riding this track. Take your time and enjoy the things along the route. Five solid days is reasonable.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #67
kzoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
I need to convince my wife that I can retire at 38, add a DS bike to my garage, and spend the rest of my free time riding...

I'm a MC trail kinda guy but reading through this adventure type stuff makes me appreciate how cool it can be. I like the fact that you mix in some tight twisty trail, sandy nasty roads, hard tops etc... Makes for an all around good adventure!

Independent AMSOIL Dealer - www.greasemonkeysupply.com
Contact me for pricing; (make sure you mention that you're from ADV rider)
kzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #68
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzoo
I need to convince my wife that I can retire at 38, add a DS bike to my garage, and spend the rest of my free time riding...

I'm a MC trail kinda guy but reading through this adventure type stuff makes me appreciate how cool it can be. I like the fact that you mix in some tight twisty trail, sandy nasty roads, hard tops etc... Makes for an all around good adventure!
Much of the feedback I get from the CannonTrekkers is that they really enjoy the mix. That, combined with some of the tourist stops, makes the long riding days fly by and keeps them entertaining and fun.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #69
OldSilverFox
Let's Go!

Oddometer: 395
[quote=Capt Dan]This UP route with the go-arounds for Big Bikes seems like a great ride for next season. Maybe I missed it, but is the GPS route posted somehere for Upload to Mapsource. I will likely put up a post next year looking for some adventureous types with big bikes to make the run with me.

Maybe in June of 2011 might be a good time to have the big dogs go out and play? The snow should be gone and the black flies at their peak.
OldSilverFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #70
Capt Dan
Just Livin' a Dream

[quote=OldSilverFox]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Dan

Maybe in June of 2011 might be a good time to have the big dogs go out and play? The snow should be gone and the black flies at their peak.
Yes, June is a good time for me. We can check with Cannonshot prior to trip plans to get an idea of the current conditions. The temps should be good then also. I'm retired so I can take as long as need be.
Slounds like a great plan...
Old 10-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #71
Capt Dan
Just Livin' a Dream

Quote:
Capt Dan

Woops, see above post for my response...
Yes, June is a good time for me. We can check with Cannonshot prior to trip plans to get an idea of the current conditions. The temps should be good then also. I'm retired so I can take as long as need be.

[IMG]images/statusiconCrash/user_online.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]images/statusiconCrash/user_online.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #72
Capt Dan
Just Livin' a Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot
Thanks Dan. I'll put a post in this thread with a link when I get the tracks up for download. Make sure you report back with your big bike experience on this thing.
OK, thanks...
Old 10-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #73
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Quote:

This one was late May and early June.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584986

This one was early June.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473391

This one was mid-June.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352617

We have had a morning temp of 36 degrees in August before.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:40 PM   #74
Byrdman
Fat guy on a little bike!

Oddometer: 346
Subscribed. Can't wait to get a hold of the GPS file.
Byrdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #75
BigFeet
Banned

Oddometer: 501
Good RR.. epic ride!

Thanks for the pix..

-feet
BigFeet is offline   Reply With Quote