ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #3121
Black Beard
EXC user
 
Black Beard's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Theresa, Wi
Oddometer: 179
So nobody is riding this weekend? WTF?
__________________
AARRRGE
Black Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #3122
vwboomer
Buffoon
 
vwboomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: WI
Oddometer: 9,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
So nobody is riding this weekend? WTF?

plow guys decided other stuff was more important. simply not true on such a short season.
and without plow guys, we got nothing.
__________________
It's important to own a great adventure bike, and leave it in the garage because there's no time to adventure
vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #3123
vwboomer
Buffoon
 
vwboomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: WI
Oddometer: 9,306
Glad we're not out there today. Too much sun and not enough wind!!
__________________
It's important to own a great adventure bike, and leave it in the garage because there's no time to adventure
vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #3124
Klasjm
R100gs
 
Klasjm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: BMWMOA Ambassador, Fond Du Lac, Wi.
Oddometer: 2,229








I'm watermarking photos
because people keep using them and don't give photo credit.


Example

Example


I'm saying what is so hard to put "photo by ..."
when you download it to your Facebook profile page?
Only Bonebag, out of 30-40 profile gave photo credit & he even offered me a drink.


Here is another example:



He is another example of someone in Europe using my photos
of the Harley Museum as his own.

Photos were easy to find.

http://debates.motos.coches.net/show...-Foro/page4700


http://klasjm.smugmug.com/Motorcycle...8590&k=jWKdcf4





























































Klasjm screwed with this post 03-13-2013 at 05:32 PM
Klasjm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #3125
Cannonshot
Having a Nice Time
 
Cannonshot's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: SE Wisconsin
Oddometer: 18,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klasjm View Post

I'm watermarking photos because people keep using them and don't give photo credit.
I'm saying what is so hard to put "photo by ..." when you download it to your Facebook profile page?
Only Bonebag, out of 30-40 profile gave photo credit & he even offered me a drink.


He is an example of someone in Europe using my photos of the Harley Museum as his own. Photos were easy to find.
That is a great idea Jim. You share some great photos and like you say it only takes a moment for someone to acknowledge your work. It is frustrating to put in a lot of effort into something only to have the fruits of your work turn up someplace else under someone else's name with no acknowledgement.

It would be great of you could get a nice custom logo for your shots.
__________________
Cannonshot.net
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #3126
madwrench
Engulfed
 
madwrench's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klasjm View Post
I'm watermarking photos because people keep using them and don't give photo credit.
I'm saying what is so hard to put "photo by ..." when you download it to your Facebook profile page?
Only Bonebag, out of 30-40 profile gave photo credit & he even offered me a drink.


I'm very glad to see you stand up for your excellent work, Jim!
I have started watermarking as well, for the same reason. I gave it some thought and decided it really isn't an ego thing (I know full well I'm not particularly good, certainly not on your level), and it's obviously not about money since it's just a hobby - it's about simple courtesy. I like to see my shots used and shared, but as you said, it's not that hard to type in a "photo by:"

All that said, my current ADV avatar photo was shot by Dan Salton, whom I have credited elsewhere, but didn't really see a way to do it on the avatar. And similarly, if I've used any of yours without proper credit, on Bucky stuff or wherever -- smack me upside the head, cause it ain't right!

I really like your work. I don't know why I didn't think to hand you a camera to use when we were talking a couple of weeks ago up on Winnebago - I guess I was too focused on getting back on an ice bike after two years, and wasn't really thinking much about shooting. But maybe you wouldn't have stooped to shooting with a Canon anyway.





__________________

madwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #3127
Klasjm
R100gs
 
Klasjm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: BMWMOA Ambassador, Fond Du Lac, Wi.
Oddometer: 2,229


Quote:
Originally Posted by madwrench View Post
I have started watermarking as well, for the same reason.
I gave it some thought and decided it really isn't an ego thing and it's obviously not about money since it's just a hobby -
it's about simple courtesy.
I like to see my shots used and shared, but as you said, it's not that hard to type in a "photo by:"


Dito,









Klasjm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #3128
Klasjm
R100gs
 
Klasjm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: BMWMOA Ambassador, Fond Du Lac, Wi.
Oddometer: 2,229

Brian and Bryan, the three of us are very equal in the photography department.
We all have our good shots and good days.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonshot View Post
. . . like you say it only takes a moment for someone to acknowledge your work.
It is frustrating to put in a lot of effort into something only to have the fruits of your work
turn up someplace else under someone else's name with no acknowledgement.





















It's a breathtaking rush,

seeing 5 bikes rushing towards your lens













Klasjm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #3129
Klasjm
R100gs
 
Klasjm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: BMWMOA Ambassador, Fond Du Lac, Wi.
Oddometer: 2,229













Klasjm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #3130
vwboomer
Buffoon
 
vwboomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: WI
Oddometer: 9,306
these from last weekend Jim?
__________________
It's important to own a great adventure bike, and leave it in the garage because there's no time to adventure
vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #3131
Klasjm
R100gs
 
Klasjm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: BMWMOA Ambassador, Fond Du Lac, Wi.
Oddometer: 2,229

I been out twice on the ice,
2-10, 2013
& 2-16, 2013








Klasjm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #3132
Klasjm
R100gs
 
Klasjm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: BMWMOA Ambassador, Fond Du Lac, Wi.
Oddometer: 2,229










Klasjm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #3133
Klasjm
R100gs
 
Klasjm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: BMWMOA Ambassador, Fond Du Lac, Wi.
Oddometer: 2,229
















Klasjm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #3134
Klasjm
R100gs
 
Klasjm's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: BMWMOA Ambassador, Fond Du Lac, Wi.
Oddometer: 2,229
Klasjm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #3135
madwrench
Engulfed
 
madwrench's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Oddometer: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klasjm View Post


Great shot.
__________________

madwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014