Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #136
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
Yes, if there is demand for it. We used to offer a darker screen option on our other fairings, but the problem is that they look good out of the box, but soon get scratched up out on the trail. Maybe a lot of the GS fairings won't see any off road action, so perhaps it's worth thinking about.
Thx for the reply. After looking at pics of it, especially in the full up position, it just looks odd going from the dark black to clear. ..But theres probably just as many people that would say it doesn't..haha
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #137
toowheels
on a mission...

Oddometer: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second chance View Post
Ben, anything you would like to comment on after having it on your bike for awhile? How well does it work on the rougher roads?
I'm not Ben but I can say that I have no issues with it on the rougher roads I've been able to ride in the Winter here.

So far I have about 2400km's on it in total and I've been on rough roads a number of times. That includes some jumps too .

No shaking, no shifting and no problems.

I'm very happy with it all 'round!

Dave

www.motooverland.com

toowheels screwed with this post 01-09-2011 at 11:50 AM
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:07 PM   #138
Second chance
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Thanks for the reply Dave. That's what I wanted to hear. I ordered one now so I am anxious to get it and try it out after it warms up a bit here. It's supposed to get down to -12F here this weekend.
Second chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #139
tonymorgan
n00b

Oddometer: 2
F650Gs single?

Any developments on the F650Gs single fairing yet? I'll buy one as soon as it's available. I installed one of these on a friend's DR650, and have wanted a bike to put one on ever since, so my wife's Gs is the recipient!!
tonymorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #140
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymorgan View Post
Any developments on the F650Gs single fairing yet? I'll buy one as soon as it's available. I installed one of these on a friend's DR650, and have wanted a bike to put one on ever since, so my wife's Gs is the recipient!!
It's nearly there and we will be taking photos later this week

Ian
Old 01-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #141
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymorgan View Post
There are some pics of the Mirage 1 on here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...6#post15057316
Old 01-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #142
Second chance
Adventurer

I finally had a chance to try my Mirage 2 out today on the road with the temperature at 20 F. I wasn't planning on a long ride so I just threw my riding jacket on, a pair of gloves and a helmet. I had the screen all the way up because I could still look over it just fine. I road about 5 miles at highway speeds and up to 95 mph at one point to see how the fairing would do. Below 60 mph I had nice quiet clean air flow, above 60 mph it did get a little noisier (helmet noise) but didn't notice any buffeting even up to 95 mph. I was also surprised being I only had my riding jacket on my upper body did not feel any cold air at any speed. The only cold air I felt while going over 60 mph was on my chin which I did not have covered other than with my flip helmet. I assume that was the air coming "through" the fairing as it is intended to do. If I had thrown a gator on I don't think I would have noticed it much.
The install was uneventful and everything fell into place nicely. The only thing I did was sand the top edge of the plastic fairing mount smoother because it did not have a finished look to it. Looks like they belt sanded it with a coarse belt and left it at that.

All and all I am very pleased with my purchase at this point and can't wait for the weather to warm up and for the ice to melt so I can put more miles on the bike.

Dave

Second chance screwed with this post 01-29-2011 at 06:05 PM
Old 01-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #143
Baillsy
Lets ride

Oddometer: 411
Feedback from Oz

Ian, i'm very happy with the quality, finish, fitment and look of the new screen and fairing for the 800. i got one that you supplied to Mick Jaeger (Toowoomba GS workshop) along with the 650 x challenge screen he ordered.
Only drama i found is that i have to replace or modify the headlight guard that i have as it interferes with the pointy end of the screen.
Otherwise very happy with the product
Thanks
Baillsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #144
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baillsy View Post
Ian, i'm very happy with the quality, finish, fitment and look of the new screen and fairing for the 800. i got one that you supplied to Mick Jaeger (Toowoomba GS workshop) along with the 650 x challenge screen he ordered.
Only drama i found is that i have to replace or modify the headlight guard that i have as it interferes with the pointy end of the screen.
Otherwise very happy with the product
Thanks
Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, the lightguard issue was an overthought on our part, but I understand the guards can be 'tweaked' to fit. We should have though about it at the outset !

More importantly, how are you guys making out in Toowoomba ? I saw the news coverage of the flooding and it looked to me like you needed a boat instead of a bike ! Hope the clearup is getting under way.

Cheers Ian
Old 01-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #145
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,714
Does anyone know if this will work with the Wunderlich F800gs Headlight Guard?
http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mot...S/8110422.html
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #146
cbOwl
just ridin somewhere

Oddometer: 84
Or does anyone know if it will work with the Metal Mule Guard?

http://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-30...ightsaver.aspx
cbOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #147
Second chance
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbOwl View Post
Or does anyone know if it will work with the Metal Mule Guard?

http://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-30...ightsaver.aspx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
Does anyone know if this will work with the Wunderlich F800gs Headlight Guard?
http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mot...S/8110422.html

Although Ian could probably give you a definative answer I don't think either one would work with the Mirage 2. The Wunderlich guard may work but would not be able to be flipped as intended because the fairing "beak" extends slightly in front of the head light which is also why I don't think the Metal Mule guard would work at all because it has a thicker frame. Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #148
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,264
I noticed the tip of the shield at the Vancouver show and I know it would be difficult with our Best Rest light guard too.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:47 PM   #149
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second chance View Post
Although Ian could probably give you a definative answer I don't think either one would work with the Mirage 2. The Wunderlich guard may work but would not be able to be flipped as intended because the fairing "beak" extends slightly in front of the head light which is also why I don't think the Metal Mule guard would work at all because it has a thicker frame. Hope this helps.
Unfortunately Ian can't give you a definintive answer ! Looks like I might have dropped the ball, not considering the various guards. Come on somebody, think of something to bail me out here !!

Ian
Old 01-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #150
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,264
with the Plexiglas guards one could Dremel where the point would hit. So, if we had one which me just might look into buying one for each bike, we could try it on for size and see about our guards? I have no issues with putting a dremel to our bikes we had to do that for our Cee Bailey shields in order for the Best Rest guard to fit.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote