ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #271
montanaman
Traveler
 
montanaman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: CA,AZ,MT..USA
Oddometer: 171
Any word on a larger screen for the Mirage 2?

Hey Ian.. Thinking about ordering a replacement for my Mirage 2. Heard that a bigger one was in the works.. any updates as to when. I have a cross country ride coming up in May and would be interested in the larger tinted version..
__________________
Quit dreaming, get on and start living.
montanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #272
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaman View Post
Hey Ian.. Thinking about ordering a replacement for my Mirage 2. Heard that a bigger one was in the works.. any updates as to when. I have a cross country ride coming up in May and would be interested in the larger tinted version..
We changed the style and size last summer and offer it in tint or clear. The screen isn't any taller, but is 2" wider. The 'curled' lip is bigger at the bottom giving a greater 'ram air' effect, and it looks aesthetically nicer with the fairing ( particularly the tinted).

Although it's better all round, the difference is not huge. It particularly improves protection when you are in cross winds.

Cheers

Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #273
montanaman
Traveler
 
montanaman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: CA,AZ,MT..USA
Oddometer: 171
Thanks.. new tinted version on order !

Thanks Ian.. I ordered the replacement holders as well.
__________________
Quit dreaming, get on and start living.
montanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #274
SportFaller
Dirt dont hurt, MUCH
 
SportFaller's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Laramie, WY
Oddometer: 668
Does anyone know of the Highway Dirtbike hand guards clear the mirage 2 ok? I'd like to switch over....
__________________
"The chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy gals, run freely through the woods!"
Bikeless in WY
http://www.dakotadualsportriders.com
SportFaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #275
dcoop
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Anchorage AK
Oddometer: 10
Mirage 1

Ian, I love this fairing, which I installed on my G650GS. I managed to get a few items on it: Veypor computer, Nuvi 550, USB port, light switch. It installed easily, and I look forward to getting it on the road in about another six weeks. Still ice and snow here.
dcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #276
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
Ian, I love this fairing, which I installed on my G650GS. I managed to get a few items on it: Veypor computer, Nuvi 550, USB port, light switch. It installed easily, and I look forward to getting it on the road in about another six weeks. Still ice and snow here.
Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I expect it's still a bit chilly up there ! Mind you, it hasn't been too special down here either. Actually, I've just treated myself to a GS 650 as well and got it on Saturday. First job - fit a Mirage !!

Cheers Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #277
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFaller View Post
Does anyone know of the Highway Dirtbike hand guards clear the mirage 2 ok? I'd like to switch over....
I waited to see if anyone else was going to answer your question, before adding that I haven't heard of any problems with any of the handguards, but can't be absolutely sure, because I haven't seen any fitted. Sorry.

Cheers Ian B
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:45 AM   #278
SportFaller
Dirt dont hurt, MUCH
 
SportFaller's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Laramie, WY
Oddometer: 668
Thanks Ian, I'll give you a report when I install them!
__________________
"The chokers, and the chain saws, and the log trucks have been stilled, now spotted owls, and hippy gals, run freely through the woods!"
Bikeless in WY
http://www.dakotadualsportriders.com
SportFaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #279
matho...
Μιά ζωή OnOffάς!
 
matho...'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: GR Patras
Oddometer: 107
Hi Ian,what's the price for Mirage 2 tinted...plus shipping to Greece?
__________________
Costas F800GS

matho... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #280
RobertAmsterdam
www.twbastards.com
 
RobertAmsterdam's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAthosalas View Post
Hi Ian,what's the price for Mirage 2 tinted...plus shipping to Greece?
dont forget tax!

If I order the brittania plus shipping plus tax its almost as expensive as the desierto 3
__________________
2010 F800GS + TWBASTARD TW200
www.twbastards.com
RobertAmsterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #281
matho...
Μιά ζωή OnOffάς!
 
matho...'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: GR Patras
Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertAmsterdam View Post
dont forget tax!

If I order the brittania plus shipping plus tax its almost as expensive as the desierto 3

Yeah,I think you've right.And the price plus taxes could be non affordable ...but at least let's try hear a price...to know in case of
__________________
Costas F800GS

matho... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #282
tvaranda
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Porto, Portugal
Oddometer: 27
I ordered one for myself and don't regret. The price with all costs for me was almost the same (a little less) of the Desierto, but the Mirage is much better.
tvaranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #283
RobertAmsterdam
www.twbastards.com
 
RobertAmsterdam's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Oddometer: 188
I bought the wunderlich ergo vario, quite happy with it
__________________
2010 F800GS + TWBASTARD TW200
www.twbastards.com
RobertAmsterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #284
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: BC
Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mAthosalas View Post
Yeah,I think you've right.And the price plus taxes could be non affordable ...but at least let's try hear a price...to know in case of
Yes, the tax in Europe is huge ! We try and offset it a bit by subsidizing the shipping a bit, but you're right, it's still up there with the TT price.

Mirage 2 delivered to Greece is $ 540.

Cheers Ian
__________________
www.britanniacomposites.com
Ian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #285
RobertAmsterdam
www.twbastards.com
 
RobertAmsterdam's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam
Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian B View Post
Yes, the tax in Europe is huge ! We try and offset it a bit by subsidizing the shipping a bit, but you're right, it's still up there with the TT price.

Mirage 2 delivered to Greece is $ 540.

Cheers Ian
wait the mirage is 395 so shipping is 145 dollars?!?! Or incl tax?
__________________
2010 F800GS + TWBASTARD TW200
www.twbastards.com
RobertAmsterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014