Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #361
cpct
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Since a few weeks I also have the Mirage 2 on my '12 650.

I can say it works very well to divert the pressure away from me at high speeds. Huge improvement over the stock stubble that barely covered the instrument cluster.
And the GPS mount is totally awesome

Otoh with my jet helmet, I have more noise at low speeds (starting from ~50kmh with the screen completely down, and it only goes away at >2/3 height). With the short screen, noise was only an issue at >90kmh. Not sure if this can be remedied somehow
Also, the clear screen scratches really easily it seems. I removed a crusty bug with my fingernail and it left a lot of small scratches. It does not bother me too much but I wonder how it will stand over an extended period.

Does anyone know if the Mirage 2 works with the Barkbusters? I only found a post that said it did not on the newer F700 due to small difference in steering lock...

Attached Images

cpct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:48 AM   #362
omekim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmvault View Post
Anyone with a (preferably 2013 ) white F800GS with white fairing/clear screen would care to post some pics?

Currently torn between white fairing/clear screen and black fairing/clear screen :-/

Thanks in advance!
Another shout-out for white/black fairing on a post-refresh 2013 or 2014 white F800GS.

I've seen a lot of good pics of the white bikes with the older body panels, but I'm curious how my bike would look having more black in the 'beak'.
omekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #363
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by omekim View Post
Another shout-out for white/black fairing on a post-refresh 2013 or 2014 white F800GS.

I've seen a lot of good pics of the white bikes with the older body panels, but I'm curious how my bike would look having more black in the 'beak'.
Most guys go for the Black these days, so there aren't many white ones around recently. It's all in the eye of the beholder, but I haven't come across anyone who doesn't prefer the black when they see it for real and frankly it does look 'sharper' on the white bike.

Cheers Ian
Old 06-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #364
cpct
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hi Ian,

Do you perhaps know if the Mirage 2 provides clearance for Barkbuster hand guards?

Thanks
cpct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #365
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpct View Post
Hi Ian,

Do you perhaps know if the Mirage 2 provides clearance for Barkbuster hand guards?

Thanks
Sometimes guys did have interference issues with Barkbusters, so we recently modified the fairing and there should be no issues now.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #366
th00r
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Here a couple of pics whiles riding to compare windshield in low and mid height, you will be able to figure where the wind hits in each case.

Summary: Best purchase I could made. Either with open or fullface helmet I get really good wind protection and have the option to move as needed.

About clearance:
I installed 2" risers and worked fine (fullface helmet pic) , then installed r1200 handguards and in full left turn it pressed the display. I didnt liked the vibration the risers added and removed them, this solved the clearance of handguards and display (3/4 helmet pic)

About Height:
I play a lot with the height, while driving in city I go with the low setting as if I was driving offroad. Most of highway time i use a 3/4 setting or full height, but there are times where full front wind gets the front end shaky. When that happens I get the screen down and set the ESA to sport mode to get the bike more solid. This has notting to do with Mirage design, this will happen with any screen but he Mirage allows to set it down so the bike is not shaky and the wind pass around your chest. Coming from a harley bobber, chest wind is acceptable to get a more stable bike.

Instruments:
The free space allowed me to set two buttons for aux lights, and there is still space for future usb plug or other stuff.

In the GPS area I used velcro style tape, so I can change between my phone or my GPS. In rainy situations they might get some drops, nothing to worry with a spill proof cover.

Improvements:
I really cant think in any improvement different that having the ability to move the shield up & down without stopping, but that would require a lot of electronics :p

EDIT: I forgot to mention Im 175cm that is about 5'9 ft ... jsut for reference

th00r screwed with this post 06-23-2014 at 10:36 AM
th00r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #367
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by th00r View Post
Here a couple of pics whiles riding to compare windshield in low and mid height, you will be able to figure where the wind hits in each case.

Summary: Best purchase I could made. Either with open or fullface helmet I get really good wind protection and have the option to move as needed.

About clearance:
I installed 2" risers and worked fine (fullface helmet pic) , then installed r1200 handguards and in full left turn it pressed the display. I didnt liked the vibration the risers added and removed them, this solved the clearance of handguards and display (3/4 helmet pic)

About Height:
I play a lot with the height, while driving in city I go with the low setting as if I was driving offroad. Most of highway time i use a 3/4 setting or full height, but there are times where full front wind gets the front end shaky. When that happens I get the screen down and set the ESA to sport mode to get the bike more solid. This has notting to do with Mirage design, this will happen with any screen but he Mirage allows to set it down so the bike is not shaky and the wind pass around your chest. Coming from a harley bobber, chest wind is acceptable to get a more stable bike.

Instruments:
The free space allowed me to set two buttons for aux lights, and there is still space for future usb plug or other stuff.

In the GPS area I used velcro style tape, so I can change between my phone or my GPS. In rainy situations they might get some drops, nothing to worry with a spill proof cover.

Improvements:
I really cant think in any improvement different that having the ability to move the shield up & down without stopping, but that would require a lot of electronics :p

EDIT: I forgot to mention Im 175cm that is about 5'9 ft ... jsut for reference

Great photos and thanks for showing them !
Old 06-25-2014, 01:56 AM   #368
murdock84
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Any photos of this on an F800 GS Trophy Model. Been thinking about this for a while, but not quite sure what color would look the best. Also will a Touratech locking mount for the Garmin Montana attach to the GPS area?
murdock84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:01 AM   #369
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdock84 View Post
Any photos of this on an F800 GS Trophy Model. Been thinking about this for a while, but not quite sure what color would look the best. Also will a Touratech locking mount for the Garmin Montana attach to the GPS area?
The trophy colour scheme does benefit from a colourmatch scheme more so than any of the other colours, but it's all 'in the eye of the beholder' ! No problem fitting the TT mount to the dash, although the M2 mounts just fine on the sock Montana mount.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:05 AM   #370
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,472
Hey Ian!

Do you still have an European importer? Since I trashed my TT screen on the rally I'm in the market for a new one. I think AS was your importer but can't find the product on their website though. would like to avoid to pay these crazy import taxes.

Cheers

Tom
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #371
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
Hey Ian!

Do you still have an European importer? Since I trashed my TT screen on the rally I'm in the market for a new one. I think AS was your importer but can't find the product on their website though. would like to avoid to pay these crazy import taxes.

Cheers

Tom
No EU importer and the M2 ships direct to you from Canada. Shipping is $62 and we have ways of 'assisting' with the import taxes.

send me an email : britanniacomposites@shaw.ca

Cheers Ian
Old 09-13-2014, 05:31 PM   #372
NCD
Dirty Hairy

Oddometer: 486
Ian - just a huge thanks for producing such an awesome product! Finished up a 4300 mile trip on the Trans-Lab continuing on through Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. Windy, lots of rain, cold, long horrid sections of potholes and washboard - - this fairing is AWESOME - and I don't know I lived without it before. I'm 6'2" and can belt down the slab in total comfort. Easily one of my best moto investments!

NCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:23 AM   #373
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCD View Post
Ian - just a huge thanks for producing such an awesome product! Finished up a 4300 mile trip on the Trans-Lab continuing on through Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. Windy, lots of rain, cold, long horrid sections of potholes and washboard - - this fairing is AWESOME - and I don't know I lived without it before. I'm 6'2" and can belt down the slab in total comfort. Easily one of my best moto investments!

Glad it's doing everything it's meant to for you The black looks really sharp on the white bike.

Cheers Ian
Old 09-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #374
hellyhans
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Hi Ian, I had a quick question.
Does the 700GS fairing fit the 2013 800GS?

My friend had one on his 700GS he is selling and I want his fairing.

I noticed he has aluminum brackets for the mount on the side, I don't need those because I already have mounts for the OEM windshield... Is that all their is concerning the difference?

Thanks

hellyhans screwed with this post 09-30-2014 at 09:22 AM
hellyhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:35 AM   #375
Ian B OP
Fairing Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellyhans View Post
Hi Ian, I had a quick question.
Does the 700GS fairing fit the 2013 800GS?

My friend had one on his 700GS he is selling and I want his fairing.

I noticed he has aluminum brackets for the mount on the side, I don't need those because I already have mounts for the OEM windshield... Is that all their is concerning the difference?

Thanks
Yes, it will fit straight on, but I really think you shoul buy a new one from me !!!