Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #17716
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
Where and when?
This is an old one. Husky Ride from last year. I was going through my Smugmug pictures. I need to go ride more...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #17717
xTomKx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Couple pics from Fridays ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #17718
macleod
New guy

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Town View Post
Me thinks it's a Screens For Bikes from Australia...
Yes you are right

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #17719
blakken
dirt napper

Oddometer: 53
Merry christmas!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
2011 690 enduro r
2010 990 adv abs
blakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #17720
Qwik
Two Wheeled Addict

Oddometer: 5,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod View Post
Does that help with the heat issue? I was thinking on wrapping the whole headers with same mash I saw on some choppers' exhaust. I think it`s asbestos or something. More common known as heat insulation

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
I have my 2-1 coated and have never had heat issues. the Wrap causes LOTS of problems and will destroy your pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod View Post
This is what happens when you don't have the proper tires....

As a Tow truck Operator That pic makes me smile. I LOVE doing complicated recoveries.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #17721
Dan Diego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
2004 ktm 950 adv

That's my baby...

When I finished high school, I wanted to take all my graduation money and buy myself a motorcycle. But my mom said no. See, she had a brother who died in a horrible motorcycle accident when he was 18. And I could just have his motorcycle.
Dan Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #17722
Fireball
Robot Doc

Oddometer: 2,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTomKx View Post
Couple pics from Fridays ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to hook up with you guys some day for a ride
Old 12-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #17723
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 4,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwik View Post
I have my 2-1 coated and have never had heat issues. the Wrap causes LOTS of problems and will destroy your pipe.

The previous owner of my bike did the pipe wrap. I should have known better but left it on and one day I heard an exhaust gas leak and found the header had cracked behind the tank but I couldn't see or feel it. By the time I got home it had melted a hole through the side cover of the skid plate. Luckily it aimed that way and not through my tank!

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #17724
xTomKx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
I'd like to hook up with you guys some day for a ride
Sure, let me know when.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #17725
EasyBake
No WAY that just happened

Oddometer: 16
2012 Beauty Salon

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...63759836_n.jpg

Many upgrades have been accomplished on my machine, but adding a J&M CB has really been one of the best ones- because good clear communication has enabled me and my riding partners to really enjoy rides with less stress. Yes, we all have the same routes on our GPS, but you know how it goes...something happens, wrong turns, wanting to explore different trails, want to stop, help-I'm lost, stop to eat... all can now be done, through any canyons and trees for about 2 miles! All while keeping your hands on the bars, due to the push to talk (PTT) black button near the left grip. Small speakers in the helmet, as well as a small microphone near your mouth behind your full face guard. No batteries to worry about, and waterproof to boot. We did the FRS systems, all of which cut out at about 2000 feet within line of sight, and about 500 feet in woods or canyons.

You never know when good communication will save the day...or a life (extreme, I know). This mod was easy- and I chose the center of the bars because the typical J&M position sucked, being mounted on your left bar, where you had to be a contortionist to pull the PTT trigger, beside looking like something strange was mounted on your bike.

Happy trails! - Easybake
EasyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #17726
BMacW650

Oddometer: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyBake View Post
Where you did you get the shade for the garmin? How is it attached?

Thanks
BMacW650 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #17727
armourbl
Adventure Life

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyBake View Post

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...63759836_n.jpg

Many upgrades have been accomplished on my machine, but adding a J&M CB has really been one of the best ones- because good clear communication has enabled me and my riding partners to really enjoy rides with less stress. Yes, we all have the same routes on our GPS, but you know how it goes...something happens, wrong turns, wanting to explore different trails, want to stop, help-I'm lost, stop to eat... all can now be done, through any canyons and trees for about 2 miles! All while keeping your hands on the bars, due to the push to talk (PTT) black button near the left grip. Small speakers in the helmet, as well as a small microphone near your mouth behind your full face guard. No batteries to worry about, and waterproof to boot. We did the FRS systems, all of which cut out at about 2000 feet within line of sight, and about 500 feet in woods or canyons.

You never know when good communication will save the day...or a life (extreme, I know). This mod was easy- and I chose the center of the bars because the typical J&M position sucked, being mounted on your left bar, where you had to be a contortionist to pull the PTT trigger, beside looking like something strange was mounted on your bike.

Happy trails! - Easybake
Tell more about the carbon fiber stuff... That looks so nice.

ben
armourbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #17728
two trackin fool
Scott

Oddometer: 1,068
Yes Yes THE CARBON !
Old 12-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #17729
Peanuts
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,301
Ebay carbon 3M adhesive sheet?

The 09 onwards glovebox marks so easy, I can understand why you did it, might do the same myself...
Peanuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #17730
EasyBake
No WAY that just happened

Oddometer: 16
Explain myself!

So the "shade" for the Garmin 476C was made from this funky material that comes from Interstate Plastics in Kent, WA. It is very sturdy, .125" thick, plastic material, perfectly black, that has hard, eggshell-like outer layers with super dense cellular material on the inside. It does take forming, without any whitening, and holds that form well. So my shade is cut from flat material with a shear, then I formed it in my vise. It is held on by Dual Lock, a velco-like material:

http://www.3m.com/product/informatio...-Fastener.html

This shade WAS held on by industrial velco, but soon the wind buffeting and bumping loosened the shade so it was slightly flapping up and down (every little thing bugs me) so then I got some Dual Lock- amazing stuff that holds anything like cement- no flexing at all, but is fully removable- like to the tune of 5,000 times without degrading the material. Both sides of Dual Lock are the same, and it will only accept itself at certain angles- so stick it together, THEN attach it to the base object and whatever you are holding.

The Carbon Fiber-like material is Di-Noc : http://www.amazon.com/Black-3M-DI-NO.../dp/B0062A7M2G

I dont use the GLOSS- I use a kind of bare black finish (CA-421) that looks glossy at some angles, flat at others. So it is very tough material that is printed in a pattern that causes the texture to be kind of rough, but this is why it resists scratching so well- a lot better than the black plastic that KTM uses on their glove box. I started out as a novice wrapper, but now I could wrap your Grandmas reading glasses with the stuff... and I also use a 3M adhesive that helps the material stick in any weather- the stuff can freeze or fry- always looks good. Gasoline may loosen it for a bit, but it would tighten back up again- it is a type of vinyl actually- but more like tough plastic wallpaper. It is ever cuts or fails, I can wrap the whole thing over again... just takes minutes with a heat gun and a little knowledge of how to form it.

- Easybake
EasyBake is offline   Reply With Quote