ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #9031
MotoFly
Bazooko's Circus

Oddometer: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek
Hey Geek...what stretch is that in South Park? I think I saw you on S. Sante Fe a few days back.

Tory
MotoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:47 PM   #9032
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,812
Could have been me... I've put 5000 miles on it already so I've been riding it a bunch

That stretch would be between Hartzel & Como.

We climbed out of Salida on dirt to Hartzel... then went east 4 miles and grabbed Elk Horn road and rode it all the way to Como.

Was a great stretch.. cruised at 90-95 a lot of it.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:28 AM   #9033
Team_Navigator
DRZ Navigator

Oddometer: 11
Getting mine!!!

woohoo...juz placed my confirmation on a new ADV990...can't wait...current probs faced would be my height as i'm only 170cm or 5'6...damn...but cant wait to get my first ride... =)

guys, juz wanna ask u all, due to me being vertically challenged, is it better for me to
a)change the seat
b)adjust the front clamp height so as to bring the overall height down

however even tho i might be on the short side...but i still do not wish decrease the amount of ground clearance...

Team_Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #9034
AvonTier
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45

Makgadikgadi Pans in Botswana. It's a long story...
AvonTier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #9035
Bonsai Elephant
Banned

Oddometer: 18,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonTier
Makgadikgadi Pans in Botswana. It's a long story...
Anyone here in a hurry?

Bonsai Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #9036
Andreas240
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Damn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman-cpt
was a DNS from the dakar and on consignment to KTM SA has all the gadgets on fully fitted to race dakar and $#$# awesome to ride!!!!
Respect!
Andreas240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #9037
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai Elephant
Anyone here in a hurry?

Nope!
How did you get it out?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #9038
AvonTier
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Nope!
How did you get it out?
I took the pic. The guy in the pic and a veterinary gate watchman helped me drag it out. The chainguard got bent by some logs others used to get their vehicles out, and it threw the chain off. It was part of a few very long days! A ride report might follow soon. I have to leave now. 5pm in SA. Cheers
AvonTier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #9039
T O Double D
Pogue Mahone

Oddometer: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by elias
Sorry but i dont find it funny. Man this could be your last video. This is not a way to drive when you are out for a ride to have some fun. I believe you should wait for him to see you more clearly. It is your responsibility to make him see you very good before you make a move.

*Please don't read this thinking I'm at all mad or trying to be a dick. I know it's easy to read things on the net as written angrily. I'm not. I'm just discussing something I find frustrating.

Wow I couldn't disagree more. That guy on the, surprise surprise, GSA was an asshole, IMO. It looked to me like the GSA was actualy playing trail cop and intentionaly slowing people down. It's not a race, so if you're a slower rider pull over and let faster riders go by safely. If he didn't know there were people behind him then he wasn't paying enough attention to be on a group ride.

As to 50x50 I've ridden with him and he's a damn good rider. The only thing I think he should've done differantly is tell that GSA rider off for not paying attention.
T O Double D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #9040
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,419
Todd, I think he did tell the GS rider off. he just did it in a nonverbal way. The vid is/was excellent
Old 05-12-2010, 12:29 PM   #9041
elias
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by T O Double D
*Please don't read this thinking I'm at all mad or trying to be a dick. I know it's easy to read things on the net as written angrily. I'm not. I'm just discussing something I find frustrating.

Wow I couldn't disagree more. That guy on the, surprise surprise, GSA was an asshole, IMO. It looked to me like the GSA was actualy playing trail cop and intentionaly slowing people down. It's not a race, so if you're a slower rider pull over and let faster riders go by safely. If he didn't know there were people behind him then he wasn't paying enough attention to be on a group ride.

As to 50x50 I've ridden with him and he's a damn good rider. The only thing I think he should've done differantly is tell that GSA rider off for not paying attention.
My friend i agree with the pull over thing, thats what i am doing. BUT if the GSA knew what he was doing (i believe he didnt) then he is a murderer. Being a good rider dosent mean that you have to take risks in a fun ride,as you said its not a race.If the GSA rider is an asshole, is one more reason for not overtaking this way. He did the same thing with the smaller bike before and when he turned his head and saw him he pulled over. that didnt happened with the gs.
Anyway our friend is ok,thats what matters. drive safe . better late than never
elias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:33 PM   #9042
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 8,026
less arguing more pictures
ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #9043
MotoFly
Bazooko's Circus

Oddometer: 217
Quote:
Could have been me... I've put 5000 miles on it already so I've been riding it a bunch

That stretch would be between Hartzel & Como.

We climbed out of Salida on dirt to Hartzel... then went east 4 miles and grabbed Elk Horn road and rode it all the way to Como.

Was a great stretch.. cruised at 90-95 a lot of it.

Looks sick! Im gonna have to jump on that on the way out to fish Spinney. Don't know about doing 100 on it tho!
MotoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #9044
rburkat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
Finally popped the cherry for a first mod on my new 990R and installed some crash bars.

That of course meant that I could test it out a little on some single track on Vedder Mountain.

Just ordered some stone master tires so as soon as they show I'll get the stock scorpions off and we'll see what this thing can do.
rburkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #9045
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,536
You know, anytime anyone asks me what KTM I have, they always respond with a "Oh, that's a road only bike" when I tell them it's a 990. They just cannot imagine people would ride them on single track and across creeks, etc. Oh well, they can stay ignorant for I am concerned.