Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
raineya OP
weenie

Oddometer: 11
Wee Sunday ride, 'cause I have a wild hair.

Or my hair is wild? I am blowing off responsibility on Sunday (tomorrow the 17th of October), hopping on the WeeStrom and riding all my lonesome self to Leavenworth (WA) from Coeur d'Alene, cuz I suck and have no friends. But I have electrics!

Ride to lunch, lunch to ride!

AndreaR
Bike is red, leathers are black, I don't bite.
raineya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
AZ_ADV_RIDER
Demons In My Helmet

Oddometer: 799
Try to enjoy yourself - it's great to ride with friends but there is also something special about being out there by yourself - have fun and savor the time alone.

The road to enlightenment is not paved.
AZ_ADV_RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
raineya OP
weenie

Well, now that was boring.

I learned I am completely compatible with myself as far as potty and gas stops go. Another thing I learned is that you can divine a lot of things about an eHarmony date if you show up on a bike in full leathers. And I proved to myself that yes, I love my Gerbing so much I'm going to marry it.

I only saw a few other bikes and a lot of cars, didn't run out of gas (though I was traveling quite a bit at DoD Nominal).

An inordinate amount of time was spent trying to figure out the logistics of taking a photo of my speedo for a buddy who texted me a picture of his speedo doing 90, causing me a lot of laughter, since it was a car, a vintage Ferrari in fact, so I had to respond, "What is that, around 50 in mph?" I'm thinking a lanyard for the camera. A lesser amount of time was spent trying to recall where I put my Heatroller.

I don't like not having someone to chat with over lunch, so I didn't stop. (I had other reasons as well)

Today I think I'll change the oil. I believe it may be overdue. My bottom is sore -- it was a 400 mile day yesterday.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
zwild
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Ride to lunch, lunch to ride.........but you didn't stop? BTW I have friends, but they have no sense of adventure and watch alot of tv...... I ride alone ........alot.........by myself.
zwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
raineya OP
weenie

Why I don't stop for lunch by myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwild
Ride to lunch, lunch to ride.........but you didn't stop? BTW I have friends, but they have no sense of adventure and watch alot of tv...... I ride alone ........alot.........by myself.
I have reasons, related to my appearance, about not stopping by short-spiky-haired self in the middle of nowhere dressed in black leather.

Andrea