Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #16
Mil T OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
pulling in sometime Friday afternoon probably with the truck and trailer.

I'll be there for fish fry but there's a Fudruckers down the street and I might go there. I love their ribeye steak sandwich.

Mil T
Old 10-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #17
redeye-az
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCPP
I seen the blue Strom but thought it couldn't be Mil, he's in Moab. We hit the rain on the east end of Star Valley but it didn't last too long. We hit hail earlier in the day above Strawberry. I looks like it is gonna rain here any time now.
OK ya'll 2..(AZCPP & MilT)....

i'm crushed....when the weather hit in star valley...
you were 1 mile from my house, with shelter & refreshments.
and didn't seek shelter..
i know, chuck, you didn't know & mil was 2 mi. from home being gone 5 days........
anyhow it would have been good bench racin' anyhow........
nextime.....
next weekend.....................
redeye..............db
redeye-az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #18
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,187
Very nice, love the La Sal/Castle Valley stuff--beautiful less traveled area

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Stayed here?
Old 10-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #19
AZCPP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeye-az
OK ya'll 2..(AZCPP & MilT)....

i'm crushed....when the weather hit in star valley...
you were 1 mile from my house, with shelter & refreshments.
and didn't seek shelter..
i know, chuck, you didn't know & mil was 2 mi. from home being gone 5 days........
anyhow it would have been good bench racin' anyhow........
nextime.....
next weekend.....................
redeye..............db
Redeye, When are you getting your worn-out part's replaced? I'll stop by to bench race when you are recouperating and cant ride.

'10 KLE650CA "Versys"
AZCPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #20
ARZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Sweet, thanks for taking us on the virtual trip, Mil.

Did you guys get to do the loop through Monument Valley park? I assume since you have been to Moab many times the answer is yes, but if not and if your Cali crew, hadn't been, you guys missed out. They have a small fee, but its worth EVERY cent, even if you don't stop in the gift store or anything.

Its like sensory overload, you cant have enough eyes in your head, there is something to see around every corner and the view changes so radically every 50 yards or so. Hillsamer and I did it this July with the sun setting. We were headed through with the bikes in the back of the truck trying to get home before midnight and he had never seen it. We unloaded the bikes and fired up the helmet cams and blasted it out in an hour. Fast for sight seeing, but not to fast to see most of it or be disrespectful to others. It was kinda funny, it seemed like we got lots of reactions. We weren't going too fast, and we certainly weren't being disrespectful to others and their experience, trying to be a quiet as possible. There were many people in busses, rental cars and Jeeps, and almost NO ONE on a bike. I noticed mixed looks from all the other tourists, some people had scowls and other had smiles and gave thumbs up and even shouted cheers and even "Pop a wheelie!".

It didn't dawn on me until loading the bikes back at the truck that the dirty looks probably came from (what I would have guessed) Americans, and nearly all of the cheers and thumbs-up's came from (I would assume to be) European tourists. Just an observation and really, since usually when I'm on the bike, I try to get AWAY from the tourist attractions, so maybe I was hypersensitive about it.

It did make me think about the way Americans revere motorcycles, especially in town. I think all kids should be required to ride a bicycle or a motorcycle in traffic as their main transportation for a year. This would give EVERYONE (except snowbirds) a feel for how vulnerable you are as a cyclist, and hopefully a healthy respect for others on the road. Snowbirds are another issue all together, don't get me started on that one. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil T
ARZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #21
Mil T OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARZ
Sweet, thanks for taking us on the virtual trip, Mil.

Did you guys get to do the loop through Monument Valley park? I assume since you have been to Moab many times the answer is yes, but if not and if your Cali crew, hadn't been, you guys missed out. They have a small fee, but its worth EVERY cent, even if you don't stop in the gift store or anything.

Its like sensory overload, you cant have enough eyes in your head, there is something to see around every corner and the view changes so radically every 50 yards or so. Hillsamer and I did it this July with the sun setting. We were headed through with the bikes in the back of the truck trying to get home before midnight and he had never seen it. We unloaded the bikes and fired up the helmet cams and blasted it out in an hour. Fast for sight seeing, but not to fast to see most of it or be disrespectful to others. It was kinda funny, it seemed like we got lots of reactions. We weren't going too fast, and we certainly weren't being disrespectful to others and their experience, trying to be a quiet as possible. There were many people in busses, rental cars and Jeeps, and almost NO ONE on a bike. I noticed mixed looks from all the other tourists, some people had scowls and other had smiles and gave thumbs up and even shouted cheers and even "Pop a wheelie!".

It didn't dawn on me until loading the bikes back at the truck that the dirty looks probably came from (what I would have guessed) Americans, and nearly all of the cheers and thumbs-up's came from (I would assume to be) European tourists. Just an observation and really, since usually when I'm on the bike, I try to get AWAY from the tourist attractions, so maybe I was hypersensitive about it.

It did make me think about the way Americans revere motorcycles, especially in town. I think all kids should be required to ride a bicycle or a motorcycle in traffic as their main transportation for a year. This would give EVERYONE (except snowbirds) a feel for how vulnerable you are as a cyclist, and hopefully a healthy respect for others on the road. Snowbirds are another issue all together, don't get me started on that one. LOL
I was not aware that you could ride a motorcycle through Monument Valley. I thought it had to be 4 wheel only.
Yes I have been through it and we lucked out with some awesome weather when we went. Snow and sun. Both aspects.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:32 AM   #22
redeye-az
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCPP
Redeye, When are you getting your worn-out part's replaced? I'll stop by to bench race when you are recouperating and cant ride.
date not set yet, be sometime 1st 2 weeks in nov.....
got all but dentist preliminary things done today.
thanks.............db
redeye-az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #23
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 22,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil T
I was not aware that you could ride a motorcycle through Monument Valley. I thought it had to be 4 wheel only.
Yes I have been through it and we lucked out with some awesome weather when we went. Snow and sun. Both aspects.
Yeah, when we went out there for RMAR we spent 3 days in Moab before heading out to CO. We took a quick detour to MV and when we passed through the booth the lady asked us if we were going to be riding the bikes though the park.

We didn't know or else we would've planned for that. unfortunately, the bikes were mounted on the trailer and it was late in the day so we had to pass on that.

Moab is incredible.