Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #16
WoodWorks
House Ape

Oddometer: 2,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertStrom
Absolutely perfect in case you have extraordinary long legs like I have (9'2" with a 37" inseam. Yes I know, bit out of proportion )
A bit?!! At 9'2", you have two feet on this guy!

I know. Not your fault. Feet... Inches... Miles... Yards... Who can keep track of them all?

Eventually we'll switch over to the metric system. Hopefully in my lifetime.

David

I'm tryin' ta think, but nuttin' happens!
--Curly
WoodWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #17
Lounge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
I went with Precision Engenieering's 2" drop pegs (billet). I'm 6'4" so extra 2" helped out the ergo's tremendously. Much better than the stockers for me.

$0.02
Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 AM   #18
NVTS
stupid hipster dufus

Oddometer: 601
I plan on putting 1200GS ADV pegs on my F800 tomorrow. Hope they fit.
NVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:23 AM   #19
DesertStrom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks
A bit?!! At 9'2", you have two feet on this guy!

I know. Not your fault. Feet... Inches... Miles... Yards... Who can keep track of them all?

Eventually we'll switch over to the metric system. Hopefully in my lifetime.

David
That is 6'2".
Something to do with the steering from the brain to the fingers at the keyboard and the slow feedback from the eyes watching the monitor back to the brain.
(Caused by the canbus, or something else )
DesertStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:44 AM   #20
Tor
Native Viking

Oddometer: 803
Question for you Pivot Pegz users: After installing the Pivot Pegs, are they lower than the oem pegs (without the rubber)? I plan on instaling the Pivots soon and hope they are a little lower than the oem's.

2005 Honda ST1300 / 2010 BMW F800 Gelände-Straße
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #21
MCMXCIVRS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor
Question for you Pivot Pegz users: After installing the Pivot Pegs, are they lower than the oem pegs (without the rubber)? I plan on instaling the Pivots soon and hope they are a little lower than the oem's.
Yes they are slightly lower, about a half an inch. Not really noticable so much for the leg room, but the brake lever height is way better. Now it sits pretty much level with the top of the peg whereas with the stockers, it was too low.
MCMXCIVRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:09 AM   #22
Tor
Native Viking

Oddometer: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMXCIVRS
Now it sits pretty much level with the top of the peg whereas with the stockers, it was too low.
Thats why I was asking , to get the brake and shift lever more aligned (level) with the pegs.....thankssss....

2005 Honda ST1300 / 2010 BMW F800 Gelände-Straße
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:20 AM   #23
themobb
Is this thing on???

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lounge
I went with Precision Engenieering's 2" drop pegs (billet). I'm 6'4" so extra 2" helped out the ergo's tremendously. Much better than the stockers for me.

$0.02
I just put the Preeng's on this morning. Very easy and 2" lower than stock. I'm not 6'4", just old with creaky knees...

Lance

PS: I also just installed the Rox risers. Very nice standing on the pegs now; really opens it up...

themobb screwed with this post 10-19-2010 at 09:27 AM
themobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #24
Lounge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMXCIVRS
Yes they are slightly lower, about a half an inch. Not really noticable so much for the leg room, but the brake lever height is way better. Now it sits pretty much level with the top of the peg whereas with the stockers, it was too low.
You can adjust the height of foot brake lever you know - not a lot, but you can - fwiw.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:22 AM   #25
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

Oddometer: 1,265
Quote:

$0.02
I wonder if these would fit on a F650 Dakar?
mrprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:57 AM   #26
Catskill
tree hugger

Oddometer: 1,783
I'm enjoying my pivot pegs. Purchased from Altrider at color in the Catskills. They were a pleasure to deal with in person AND they installed them for me (no extra charge) AND I had a chance to look at all their products in person...NICE stuff: well crafted, well priced, American made, beautiful, smart design....

My only complaint about the pivot pegs is I do have to watch my right foot...since the pegs do pivot, I have a tendency (on longer trips) to move my foot around in different positions to avoid rider fatigue, I end up accidentally, ever-so-slightly, rest my toe on the brake. I don't even realize I'm doing it but my husband usually chimes in on our intercoms and yells at me....to which I originally yelled back -I'M NOT ON MY DAMN BRAKE!-then I realized it was the right peg turning naturally so my toe hits it just enough to trigger the light....and I have hyper light brake lights so it can be pretty dangerous. I've learned to not get too comfortable and make sure it's just the ball of my foot on the pegs.

If we stuff the duck with chocolate, does that make him a fudge packer?
Catskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #27
MCMXCIVRS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,215
Quote:
You can adjust the height of foot brake lever you know - not a lot, but you can - fwiw.
I'm not sure if your's is different from my GS, but on mine the only way to change the resting height of the lever would be to bend it up or add a thicker pad on top of it. You can adjust the pushrod to change the free travel in the lever before the brake is applied, but that still leaves the lever lower than the stock foot peg.
MCMXCIVRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #28
Gregarious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Pivot pegs

I have Pivot Pegs on my trail bike and love them. Easier and shifting and braking with more control.

That said, on bigger adventure bikes I *don't* like pivot pegs. I had them on my 640 Adventure and found that my calves and ankles got tired doing more standing on pivot pegs.

My theory (in my case) is that standing on an adventure bike vs. standing on a trail bike have different requirements. On a trail bike I stand probably 90% of the time. My position is much more aggressive and dynamic on a trail bike than when riding an adventure bike, and I'm shifting, braking, moving much more.

On an adventure bike I tend to stand in a more upright, static, relaxed position just cruising down forest roads and the like. I found my calves and ankles getting more fatigued after a long time of just "relaxed" standing. I switched to a fixed peg and it was no longer an issue. I assume that with pivot pegs I was subconsciously using more effort to keep my feet from pivoting when they didn't need to.

Just my 2 cents. I've mentioned this to a few friends who use pivot pegs on bigger bikes and they've never experienced the same thing.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:25 AM   #29
NVTS
stupid hipster dufus

Oddometer: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVTS
I plan on putting 1200GS ADV pegs on my F800 tomorrow. Hope they fit.
They don't fit. Curiously the 12gs bashplate won't fit either.
NVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #30
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,655
Roc Stompa

Had the F5s but they were going to snap the spring mount for the sidestand since I fall on both sides regularly. Had a chance to sell them at pretty much my cost so bought the Roc Stompas. Very nice and can fold up without breaking anything off the bike. Gives you a little more leg room and they look good to boot.
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote