Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #76
yety61
Global Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
There might be a few suggestions in the Aftermarket foot pegs thread!

Thanks for the link, lots of recommendations for PivotPegz and Fastways, I've tried both on various bikes over the last few years and don't like either. I'm looking for alternatives, anybody had experience with Touratech extended pegs or RocStompa? Any others I don't know about?
yety61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:03 AM   #77
Lounge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
I've been pretty happy with my Precision Engineering pegs. They have a nice big foot perch but they're nothing fancy. What really appealed to me about them was the drop offset for ergos more than bling but I'm pleased with them so far.

Haven't tried any other brands - haven't felt the need to change out the PE's.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #78
yety61
Global Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by yety61 View Post
G'day all,
I'm looking to replace the standard footpegs on my F8 to something that is the same height but wider, any suggestions, advice, thoughts or recommendations?

G'day all,
OK, so I've spent the best part of 2 days researching footpegs for the F8 and it looks like it's going to have to be Fastways F5's. Those of you who have them fitted to the F8, can you tell me if they are the same height as the standard F8 pegs when fitted at their high position. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
yety61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:20 AM   #79
lout
AYCIC

Oddometer: 736
I use the PivotPegz M3's with a TT extendable gear lever, I found fastways cut up my boots too fast on the sole.

TASMANIA - Explore the corruption.

Orange paint and 37 clicks of suspension adjustment doesn't make up for being a shit rider :j Mo

It's not that I don't believe in God..I just believe in one less God than you.

Monsanto - The evil that keeps on growing
lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:22 AM   #80
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by yety61 View Post
Thanks for the link, lots of recommendations for PivotPegz and Fastways, I've tried both on various bikes over the last few years and don't like either. I'm looking for alternatives, anybody had experience with Touratech extended pegs or RocStompa? Any others I don't know about?
I'm using the TT extended/adjustable footpegs. Allows the peg position to move forward and downward....much more comfortable. The wider length (to the sides) is a plus too. They work great. Only issue I've had is bending one forward after dropping the bike.....she flamed out on an off-camber turn (aaarrgh). I was able to beat it back into normal position using a big rock.

I also put on the Wunderlich adjustable shift lever to go with these pegs. Love that thing, its a really fine piece.

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #81
LilDirtRat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lounge View Post
I've been pretty happy with my Precision Engineering pegs. They have a nice big foot perch but they're nothing fancy. What really appealed to me about them was the drop offset for ergos more than bling but I'm pleased with them so far.

Haven't tried any other brands - haven't felt the need to change out the PE's.

Agreed! i just got my Precision Engineering 2" drop pegs yesterday & stuck them on the bike. Definitely nothing fancy, but well machined and make a world of difference in the ergos..
I went with the TT adjustable shift lever as well, but I'm really concerned about the brake pedal position.. With these pegs on, the brake pedal is clearly above the pegs.. which makes braking pretty awkward not just when standing but sitting as well..

So I'm curious, Lounge, what your experience with this has been, and to everyone else, what's the best solution to lower that bitch back down so I can reach it without lifting my foot?

LilDirtRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #82
Lounge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
I gained a little more brake room by loosening and dropping the plunger but a few FF's have been successful in fabricating/welding a tab to drop the brake arm. Haven't seen any recent posts on the subject. I'm surprised TT or someone similar hasn't created a bolt on solution yet.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #83
ScottG
Razor Sharp

Oddometer: 264
Highway pegs on Crash bars?

Has anybody put highway pegs on their SW-Motech crash bars? Pics and/or recommendations please.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:29 AM   #84
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Has anybody put highway pegs on their SW-Motech crash bars? Pics and/or recommendations please.
There's a bit of info here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704994
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:32 AM   #85
Wildman OP
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,577
Very happy with my PivotPegz Mk.3 except that, as they lower the footrest slightly, my right foot now rests on the rear brake when standing. Anyone got a 'fix' for lowering or replacing the pedal on the rear brake lever?
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #86
señormoto
Supermoto Abuser

Oddometer: 1,110
I have Moose pegs on my F800 and couldn't be happier. They make one specifically for our bike:

http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.j..._group_id=8203
señormoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #87
mungus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Laugh Pivot pegz +1

I've got the MK3 Pivot Pegz and love em.

I use SIDI Crossfire boots, on which the gear lever area is very stiff; it made shifting a hassle.
I fitted a Wunderlich adjustable length "roller" shifter, which helped a bit, especially with extending the length.
But its even easier with the pivot pegz and feels more stable when standing up (They are a huge 60 mm wide).

I'd recommend them to anyone.

mungus screwed with this post 11-09-2011 at 02:07 PM
mungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #88
LavaFrog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Pivot Pegz and TT shift in action

Took some footage...to see what was going on down at the shifter / pegs. So I clipped the Contour on the crashbars for a look see. Finding the passenger pegs handy for those slight uphill climbs, more so for a left foot stabilizer, which seems to ease my back while i try and stay over the front. It would be nice to try the grippy TT rear pegs so i don't slip after water crossings, even better if PivotPegs made a pivot version. *ah yes, I did customize the shifter - a nap during a stop will not help much for the nifty shifter, it does work better when there is motion behind it. - size 9 Sidi
LavaFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #89
XTrooper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thematt View Post
I have Moose pegs on my F800 and couldn't be happier. They make one specifically for our bike:

http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.j..._group_id=8203
I'm using a set of Moose Racing Hybrid pegs and am very satisfied with them. With an MSRP of only $99.95, they're a real bargain too!

http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog.j...98&startPage=1

NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired 4/1/1991)
2011 BMW F800GS - Alpine White
2009 BMW R1200RT - sapphire black metallic (sold)

XTrooper screwed with this post 11-14-2011 at 06:10 PM
XTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #90
wncstrada
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
To all you folks out there who have replaced your footpegs, did you run into any problems with the mystery "shim" in the right side footpeg bracket? I'm installing a set of the new sw-motec pegs from Twisted Throttle and I'm having some issues with locating the return spring on the right side. Thanks!
wncstrada is offline   Reply With Quote