Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #1486
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,852
The guys at work were talking about a big four wheeler ride on Ross this Sat. Please be careful on the roads and wider trails. These guys fit most of the stereotypes, drinking a LOT, no helmets, etc.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #1487
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansawyer View Post
The guys at work were talking about a big four wheeler ride on Ross this Sat. Please be careful on the roads and wider trails. These Bubbas fit most of the stereotypes, drinking a LOT, no helmets, etc.
fixt for accuracy!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #1488
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

I spent a few hours in my shop today. Found a 1964 issue of Cycle magazine with Hailwood on the cover. Phil Cullum was listed in there on a 250cc Parilla. I knew Phil. I knew his brother Mike better. Mike could truly ride a motorcycle, especially when it was slick.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #1489
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Oddometer: 465
Ross conditions (again)

Ross may be worse than I previously stated according to reports from a local ADR member that lives up here in Jonesboro. Apparently the snow/ice wreaked havoc on the trees and limbs making some of the trails difficult to get down. I don't know how to what degree the damage is but I suspect ADR will have it whipped back into shape before Trainrobbers this June.

A similar situation occurred several years ago to the Bear Creek cycle trail down at Lake Greeson. An ice storm virtually destroyed that trail and it was never totally cleaned up to my knowledge. I know there used to be an AHSCS race down there a few years back (I ran it in 2009) but don't know if those trails were legal or the status of the original trail. Do any locals down there know?

Greg
Old 01-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #1490
arkansawyer
Beastly Adventurer

The ATV guys from work rode Ross last Saturday in spite of the weather. They said there was lots of trash, one spot had 15 or so garbage bags. If anyone knows when ADR has a cleanup day planned please let me know. I'll help.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #1491
eightup
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Anyone up for a ride today? Heading out from Conway up to the Ozark National Forest. Maybe do some camping.

Call or Text if you want to ride 501-339-5408

Josh
eightup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #1492
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Oddometer: 20,346
Hey guys - I hate to be gone all this time and then need to come back for help but stuff happens.

My nephew and his wife went to Horseshoe Bend this weekend and the dog kennel lost their family dog! If you know anyone in the area or will be in the area at all, can you keep an eye out?? Here are a couple pics of Chewie (the little dog in the pics). These folks are originally from Conway, but my nephew took a job promotion in MS. They were back visiting and this happened. I know I'd be devastated and ready to wring someone's neck over this...but my bigger deal would still be getting my beloved pet (family member) back. This dog has a whole family who loves and fawns over him.

He slipped out of his collar so he doesn't have a contact number on him. He was at a place called Dog Me off HWY 289 in Horse Shoe bend.

They are up there now looking, but even if they have to go back, I'd go get him myself if he is found. Thank you so much for any help you can give.

PS I haven't been ignoring you, I am close to graduating and have been busier than a whore during shore leave.

(Mr. Disaster) Preston Drew Haun June 17, 1981- August 15, 2010
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #1493
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightup View Post
Anyone up for a ride today? Heading out from Conway up to the Ozark National Forest. Maybe do some camping.

Call or Text if you want to ride 501-339-5408

Josh
What kind of riding? A group of us from Jonesboro went to Brock Creek today to ride the trails along with a pretty intense "dual sport loop" as some would call it over to Blue Hole. I believe Jgas is camping there Saturday night. That was close to Conway.

Greg
Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #1494
Tinks
Imp of Satan

FOUND! Thank you Sue and the Friends of Horseshoe Bend Animals! This rescue group really stepped up and took this personally. They are the reason he is back home with his family!

I have a completely different opinion of the guy who runs the Dog Me boarding kennel. The rescue group said this was the fourth dog they know he has lost. He needs to find another profession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
Hey guys - I hate to be gone all this time and then need to come back for help but stuff happens.

My nephew and his wife went to Horseshoe Bend this weekend and the dog kennel lost their family dog! If you know anyone in the area or will be in the area at all, can you keep an eye out?? Here are a couple pics of Chewie (the little dog in the pics). These folks are originally from Conway, but my nephew took a job promotion in MS. They were back visiting and this happened. I know I'd be devastated and ready to wring someone's neck over this...but my bigger deal would still be getting my beloved pet (family member) back. This dog has a whole family who loves and fawns over him.

He slipped out of his collar so he doesn't have a contact number on him. He was at a place called Dog Me off HWY 289 in Horse Shoe bend.

They are up there now looking, but even if they have to go back, I'd go get him myself if he is found. Thank you so much for any help you can give.

PS I haven't been ignoring you, I am close to graduating and have been busier than a whore during shore leave.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #1495
eightup
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookazoid View Post
What kind of riding? A group of us from Jonesboro went to Brock Creek today to ride the trails along with a pretty intense "dual sport loop" as some would call it over to Blue Hole. I believe Jgas is camping there Saturday night. That was close to Conway.

Greg
I was up near Brock Creek Rd if thats the spot you are talking about. I just rode a bunch of the fire roads in the park, nothing to extreme as I'm still kinda new to this whole dirt thing. Ended up next to a river off Hwy 27 for the night.
eightup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #1496
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
FOUND! Thank you Sue and the Friends of Horseshoe Bend Animals! This rescue group really stepped up and took this personally. They are the reason he is back home with his family!

I have a completely different opinion of the guy who runs the Dog Me boarding kennel. The rescue group said this was the fourth dog they know he has lost. He needs to find another profession.
I hope it's not with Search and Rescue!

Please share more info on the Dog Me bording if you have it...where are they? is there a www link?

Very happy this came to a good conclusion!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #1497
Tinks
Imp of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
I hope it's not with Search and Rescue!

Please share more info on the Dog Me bording if you have it...where are they? is there a www link?

Very happy this came to a good conclusion!
I don't know as much about this place as I WILL know in the next few days. I mostly held my tongue because my focus was finding the dog and help keep my niece from being a complete basket case since the kids were on this family trip with them. Now that he's safe and sound, I cam focus my attention on this guy. I will keep you posted.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #1498
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Quote:
I don't know as much about this place as I WILL know in the next few days. I mostly held my tongue because my focus was finding the dog and help keep my niece from being a complete basket case since the kids were on this family trip with them. Now that he's safe and sound, I cam focus my attention on this guy. I will keep you posted.
TNX Tinks!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:07 AM   #1499
arraflipper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Dog

So glad to hear of the happy ending of their lost pet. The kiddos would of been a total mess having lost their friend.

Got to agree that kennel owner needs to be a greeter at Walmart, probably wouldn't loose a shopper. If it had only happened once I could forgive the guy, but more than that he deserves everyone knowing what kind of place he runs.

Thanks for sharing the great out come, Tinks.
arraflipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #1500
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightup View Post
I was up near Brock Creek Rd if thats the spot you are talking about. I just rode a bunch of the fire roads in the park, nothing to extreme as I'm still kinda new to this whole dirt thing. Ended up next to a river off Hwy 27 for the night.
Illinois Bayou. There are some great forest roads in that area along with some nice trails. We did a ride from Brock over to Mack's Pines a couple of years ago that went through that area.

Greg