Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Oddometer: 208
5 New ADV 990 Products From Rottweiler Performance - Debut @ KTM Rally CO

Rottweiler Performance is very proud to announce 5 totally new products for the 990 KTM Adventure to be debuted at this year's KTM ADV Rally in Steamboat Springs Colorado.

Below is a brief list of what we will be offering at this year's event and each one has been subject to careful testing for nearly one year by a small group of Rottweiler Performance test riders. We will be starting individual vendor threads with further detail when we return from the Colorado event.

We are very proud to finally showcase these never-before seen products and felt that this year's KTM Rally was a fitting platform for our debut. We certainly regard your feedback as valuable and will be on the road from Sep 9th through the 16th from Orange County CA so we will do our best from hotels and iPhones to respond to any questions if any. All of these items are made right here in Orange County and designed in house by CPR Fabrications, owner of Rottweiler Performance TM.

The "Snap Rack". (399.00) The Adventure rider's elite rack system. The Rottweiler Performance "Snap Rack" snaps on and off utilizing our patent pending sliding lock design and is completely machined from extremely strong 6061 T6 .250 aluminum. The Snap Rack features a completely modular design that will accommodate an expandable Moose Bag or any other combination of cargo and is Roto Pax ready with all mounting holes in place for those extended rides in any combination you wish. Generous bungee cord, strap webbing and lockable slots adorn the top slider plate for an unlimited combination of cargo capabilities. Don't get stuck with that huge ugly rack when you don't want it. "Snap" it off and hang it up between trips to bring your ADV back to it's original configuration.

The "Dog House".
(89.95)

The eagerly anticipated "Dog House" is brand new large cargo box for the ADV, filling in the dead space created when you install our Rottweiler Intake System. The bottom of your seat pan becomes the sealed lid with a perfectly formed fit. This will only fit with our filter. Just don't put your ice cream in here...

The "Snap Out". (59.95)

Another first by Rottweiler Performance. The "Snap Out" is a device made from 304 stainless steel that allows you to remove your Rottweiler Intake Filter in around 10 seconds start to finish with one quarter turn fastener that is captured so you can't lose it. Although our Rottweiler Intake System is the easiest-to-clean filter setup out there, you still have to get through 12 horrible bolts in 3 tool sizes to get the dash off. With the Snap Out your dash is extremely secure and held down with a very strong stainless bracket and can now be removed with a screwdriver or a coin in seconds. Be the first to crack that beer after a long ride after you have swapped out your Rottweiler Pre-Filter and laugh at your buddies pulling out their whole tool kits to do the same job.

The Rottweiler Heat Guard. (TBA)
While still in prototype stage the Heat Guard will repel the massive amounts of heat emanating from the engine just below and double as a splash guard as well. The final will have phenolic grommets for zip ties and can be configured in any number of ways. Install the Rottweiler Heat Guard and remove the plastic pieces at the head stay for a blast of cold air intake!

Last but not least, finally, the ADV 990 header. (1900.00 to 2600.00)
The only full header system for the ADV 990 in existence. The LC8 was not designed for such a small tube size stock and restricts flow right at the port. We can only guess why they did this but it locks out the full potential of that big twin. Each exhaust system is modular and will be custom built for each customer on a one off basis and can be configured in a multitude of ways including a mid-pipe that will retain your current mufflers so that you do not have to discard them for our full system. Other configurations will include our proprietary dual out X-pipe design in the mid-pipe for better sound and noise cancellation, single side out mid pipes with varying power-band targeting, and our exclusive "Helmholtz" dual chamber muffler system that is targeted at lowering DB's and doubles as a beautifully designed spark arresting tip. Our "Dual Chamber" is also easily configured to achieve more or less sound deadening by removing the tip casing and adding our stainless scrubble pack to give the gasses more area canceling.

There is much more on our Facebook page and if you check us out please don't forget to "like" our pages. We are committed to the ADV community and can't wait to meet you all at the KTM Rally!

Best to all,
Chris Parker
Rottweiler Performance

Note: All of our items are patent pending so for those of you "sporting" a tape measure and no integrity, please send us a list of the motorcycles you have so we will know where to put them when we own them.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #2
CPRFAB OP
Banned

The "Snap Out" in action. Nothing enhanced and exactly as the consumer would do it with the exception that the glove box cable is not present but still comes out the same. Just hangs off the side.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
Ryno041
Do it! You won't...

Oddometer: 53
Premium and innovative

This is great news! I have had the pleasure of actually seeing many of these groundbreaking products in person. I have one of the R filters in my 990 replacing my stock airbox setup and have been very happy with it. Additionally I was lucky enough to acquire one of the 'snap outs' and feel this is 100% necessary to accompany their foam filter setup. I can access/change my air filter without getting ONE tool out of my wrap and get it done in under a minute all without worrying about misplacing any of those pesky torx screws!

The dog house just makes sense. Use the void left by that bulky stock airbox to store your tools/ parts in a safe and central location?... I think so! I'll be in line for one of those in CO.

I saw these headers being built and have heard the prototypes....raises the hair on the back of my neck! Sexy!! Just look up the work they do on road and track cars custom exhausts....impressive stuff. I grew up in a stainless steel sheet metal shop and i can confidently say Chris's welds are without peers.
That rear rack is just bitchin, splitting lanes with that much luggage and being able to quick release it seems genius. The plates look like a CNC masterpiece!!

I'm really impressed with this brand and hope to see many great new innovative things come from them in the near future
2007 WR450F
1987 TT350
Old 09-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,385
How's the dog house work with an aftermarket seat?

SA
Bad decisions make good stories.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycatdad View Post
How's the dog house work with an aftermarket seat?

SA
So long as the seat pan is the same shape your good. It is adjustable to some degree.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
flynride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
ADV riders.....seriously good stuff here!!

I am lucky to live close to the CPR shop so I can run over and pick up the stuff asap. I now have the air filter kit with the prefilter, the "Snap Out" quick change and the "Dog House" storage box.

This is the way I thought a 15K dirt bike should operate! The stuff just plain works the way I want it to. I can now change my prefilter in less than 3 minutes!! Holy Crap!! And I have room to carry additional tubes and tools for the longer rides.

I highly reccommend these products and I'm looking forward to using them on COBDR this coming week.

Thanks Rottweiler!!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
J Lewis
Numb Nuts

Oddometer: 497
I've seen all this stuff in prototype form and the finished stuff looks as sano as expected.

But on another note I've been running a Rottweiler Intake system on my 950 for the last three months since I have had it back together and all I can say is that there isn't much about it that I don't like. Most riders will just gloat over the power increase and I could really care less, I'll get to that later since I wasn't looking for more power.

I was looking for better access to the carbs and easier access to all the other stuff near them. I've been tinkering with some other stuff and was annoyed by the thought of working on the bike much less doing it. After the first time getting to the valve cover, cam chain tensioner or other engine compartment need, I was a fan. It cleans up the area and opens up the work space. Installation was simple and straightforward.

My next concern was how dirty the filter would get. Well after 1000 miles I was still waiting for the filter to get dirty so I could clean it. About then I installed the filter wrap just to investigate how that would help since I run them on a number of bikes and I rarely have to clean the main filter. Covered and uncovered I ran the bike through silt beds and rode in more dust than I usually do in order to test the amount that collected. The filter has such a large surface area you'd really have to be riding in too much dust or splashing silt up over the windscreen to get the filter really dirty or plug it, which I feel would be impossible unless doing something beyond stupid. I'm careful on water crossings but I'm not worried about that. Heavy rain didn't seem to have any effect.

After I got it a little dirty I took it off to clean it. Way easier than standard by about 10-20 screws or so. The Zeus fasteners are easy to get at with the fuse box/tray removed and the filter comes right out. Simple and I was using Rock Oil Water Washable filter oil and it cleaned up and looked like new. Just remember to give yourself time to let it dry since you can't ring the filter out due to the rigid cage. Setting it on the tray properly is important but easy once you do it once or twice.

Noise was my next concern. And you can definitely hear the intake noise compared to stock. Some like it and some don't, I fall in the middle but hate being annoyed. The sound is a good noise and makes the bike feel faster and more aggressive no matter what the actual power increase is. And the intake noise is basically less then wind noise most of the time in reality unless you are right at the 5500 RPM range where it seems to peak and be pretty noisy. Don't like it, a shift in either direction will cure the sound issue. But in passing that RPM you know what your bike is doing and it talks to most of us.

Now onto the power. It gives the bike quite a bit to a lot more at every RPM and at every throttle position. Not many aftermarket products do that. But what it really does is liven up the throttle response and gives the bike a better torque feel, more one-to-one from the wrist to the rear wheel. And in doing that it actually makes the bike more tractable on the bottom end, one of my biggest issues with the standard 950/990 engine. Then it comes on and if you need more power, it gives it but I never fond myself asking for more from this bike in the higher power levels in the first place.

Now I had to bump my main jets up to 175 (both the same now) and readjust the fuel screws to a richer setting from before. Initially I was worried about the fuel mileage going to crap. I had been getting between 30-35 on this bike and not proud of it. I'm running a single FMF Q on the rear and an extra two-gallons where the other muffler used to go because of the range issue. My mileage went up to 37 MPG at its worst and was closer to 40 most of the time. It feels like the bike pulls a gear higher most of the time and I do not have to downshift as much when getting back on the gas from cruising.

If this sounds like a glowing endorsement, it is. The air filter does what it says and even more as far as I'm concerned. CPR likes to push the power and sound side of it and I like how rideable and how easy it makes working on the bike.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
HeatXfer
Bad knees

Oddometer: 559
Wow, it's impressive to see Rottweiler's commitment to performance, usability and simplicity. The quality and craftsmanship are evident in those nice, big, close-up shots.

Bravo guys.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #9
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,333
just ordered the snap-out. cant wait to finally get the intake system and the snap out installed and load a new map. that week off in the october can't get here soon enough....

thanks,

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
Old 09-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
Mariel@teamcprfab
Got Rotti?

Oddometer: 16
Store Fixed. Buy now from Internet E,Firefox,Chrome,Safari, etc.

Hi Everyone,

My Name is Mariel Parker and I work at Cpr Fabrications / Rottweiler Performance.

I just wanted to let you know that the Store is fixed, and now you can buy from any Internet Browser.

-Internet Explorer.
-Mozilla/Firefox.
-Chrome.
-Safari.

Thank you for being our customers and support our products, I work every day, making sure your orders are fulfilled on time. Customer Service is my priority, so if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. info@rottweilerperformance.com

On another note, It was a real pleasure to meet many of you in person in the KTM Rally in Colorado, Hope to see you guys soon on some fun ride!

Best Regards,
Mariel Parker
Old 10-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
Mariel@teamcprfab
Got Rotti?

More Dog Houses now available, back orders gone.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #12
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK

Oddometer: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel@teamcprfab View Post
More Dog Houses now available, back orders gone.
I can't seem to see any dog houses...I must be focusing on something else...
Old 10-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #13
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK

Oddometer: 1,172
Does the snap rack come black anodized as pictured here or as natural aluminum as pictured on your website?
Old 10-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
Mariel@teamcprfab
Got Rotti?

Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobbiethrower View Post
Does the snap rack come black anodized as pictured here or as natural aluminum as pictured on your website?
Hola Knobbiethrower,
Thank you for your interest in our products

We have it available in both options.
I need to post some pictures of the black on on the website. Hehe

Best Regards,
Mariel P.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #15
CA_Rage
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Doghouse for '04 950

The website says 950s to come.
http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/thedoghouse.html

Will the dog house and the snap out fit a 2004 Adventure?
Closed Thread