ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #1621
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

Oddometer: 441
I'm really fine Utefan. Thanks, it was a silly thing to look into the field when I should have been watching the road. I had gear on it could have been much worse.
Brian's giant loop held all of his gear and enough beer for all of us and some left over.
I am still in utter amazement that the little wr250 was doing 75 or better all day for 3 days.
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #1622
CrownRoyal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Im gonna head over to Zen Moto and check it out.
"Hold my whiskey and watch this"
CrownRoyalADV.wordpress.com
CrownRoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #1623
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 22,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
I'm really fine Utefan. Thanks, it was a silly thing to look into the field when I should have been watching the road. I had gear on it could have been much worse.
Brian's giant loop held all of his gear and enough beer for all of us and some left over.
I am still in utter amazement that the little wr250 was doing 75 or better all day for 3 days.
It's that 6th gear. All these bikes should have a damn 6th gear. Are you listening Suzuki?!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #1624
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
It's that 6th gear. All these bikes should have a damn 6th gear. Are you listening Suzuki?!
And Honda???

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #1625
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
And Honda???
na. I don't have a Honda.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #1626
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,480
Sweet looking dr, though! I don't care what reidy says!

He did teach me how to release the club last week. We'll see how that goes tomorrow!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #1627
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

Oddometer: 549
Mt Graham

All,

Loren and I are planning a ride up to Mount Graham this Saturday. We have never been there before so I don't have any real information on how good it is but anyone wanting to join us will be welcome.

If anyone has any information on the area please chime in.

We will figure out the details in the next couple of days but just wanted to post this up for anyone interested in joining in.

Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #1628
Dirtbiker78
Getting there...

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
I see Brian got a Giant Loop saddlebag. Which one is it? I have the Coyote version and love it. Did it fit all your stuff and how did it hold up?
Hi CrownRoyal
I got the Coyote version aswell. It was a tight fit, but that's my own fault cause I took far too much "stuff" with me. I took along far more clothes than I needed but it was cause I wasn't sure how cold it would be at night or warm in the day, I wasn't sure what time we'd finish up in the day and if I needed shorts or long pants, wasn't sure if the restaurant had a dress code or not and, and, and..... so I ended up waaaaay overloaded. But, that's how we learn, next time I"ll pack lighter.

On the plus side, I did take more or less what I would have taken if I'd been going for two weeks, and if you can go two weeks on what you have, you can go two months...... you see where I'm going with this?

So the moral of the story, (before I get side tracked) is that the bag worked really well, but, I may get the bigger one for what I have planned for next year, but that's cause I'll be hauling for two and my other half may want to do laundry less often than I plan to.

Dirtbiker78
Dirtbiker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #1629
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Swift Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
All,

Loren and I are planning a ride up to Mount Graham this Saturday. We have never been there before so I don't have any real information on how good it is but anyone wanting to join us will be welcome.

If anyone has any information on the area please chime in.

We will figure out the details in the next couple of days but just wanted to post this up for anyone interested in joining in.

Bill
If you're going via the Swift trail then what else do I need to say:

I'd been told that you can't climb up and over from the Swift Trail West but I've never tried it. I was on the VFR the day I rode it and ended up turning around a few miles after I hit dirt.

I have a feeling that you can. It would make for an excellent scout out mission. I'm going to try and make this.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #1630
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
Toroweap RR

I'll have my perspective up hopefully this week. I've got some pictures that I want to work on a little before I release them to the public. Nothing fancy as all I have is iphoto at the moment, but I can at least try and make my night sky shots turn out a little bit better. I've got some sunset pictures as well that look like a cartoon as well.

Oh, after all the ranting and raving about how no one got a flat on the trip, well, I picked up a nail on my way home and was up late last night patching the tube so that I could ride into work this morning. It was a very slow leak so I didn't notice the tire getting low until yesterday.
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #1631
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

Oddometer: 441
Dang Batman that sucks! Has anyone tried the kits that make laced wheels tubeless? If the work it might be worth the effort.
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #1632
cyberdos
True Story Bro

My buddy Rob went to the Tubliss system on his XR650L and he liked it. Best thing is you can ride on a flat for a while because you have an inner tube in there that's what holds the tire in place. I'm not too fond of them. Knowing my luck I'd poke right through it while plugging the tire up. I rather just run heavy duty tubes and change it out if needed. Once you get the hang of changing out a tube it's pretty simple. (famous last words)

What I am really interested in is the Bib Mouse system. Hayduke has been trying them out and he likes them. Neduro as well and we could only hope to ride as badass as that guy!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #1633
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
Dang Batman that sucks! Has anyone tried the kits that make laced wheels tubeless? If the work it might be worth the effort.
I can't say that I have ever looked into it. On the bright side, I have been getting much better at changing tires now that I have had some practice. Getting more and more comfortable with working on my bike as I play with it. I also took off the rear fenders on my bike last night as I was getting real sick of having to take them off to take the seat off everytime. I should also have direct access to my air filter now as well. It looks really odd now though. The longer I have this bike, the more I embrace the KLR down and dirty way.

Here is what she looks like now. Not the best pictures, but you get the idea.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #1634
CrownRoyal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
I have been looking at lots of different tire options. Im going to continue running knobby tires up front for prevent it from washing out in the dirt. I can't decide between a full knobby in the rear or a 50/50 like the Heidenau K60 Scout. How much traction does the k60 scout have off roading? Everyone says these tires last a long time. How well do they do in Arizona dirt? Will I be disappointed and be wishing I had a full knobby and better traction? I currently am running Pirelli MT21s and i like the tires except im lucky to get 1,800 miles out of the rear. $92 for a Mt21 or $156 for a K60 Scout, 140/80-18

Alex
"Hold my whiskey and watch this"
CrownRoyalADV.wordpress.com
CrownRoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #1635
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
I have been looking at lots of different tire options. Im going to continue running knobby tires up front for prevent it from washing out in the dirt. I can't decide between a full knobby in the rear or a 50/50 like the Heidenau K60 Scout. How much traction does the k60 scout have off roading? Everyone says these tires last a long time. How well do they do in Arizona dirt? Will I be disappointed and be wishing I had a full knobby and better traction? I currently am running Pirelli MT21s and i like the tires except im lucky to get 1,800 miles out of the rear. $92 for a Mt21 or $156 for a K60 Scout, 140/80-18

Alex
On our Toroweap trip we did 120 miles of dirt and I had Shinko 705's and Paul had the K60 Scouts. We both did fine. I guess it depends on how big of a roost you want to be able to throw.