ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #2236
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Oddometer: 27,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefadv View Post
...Why is the resolution less. ...
Technically I can't answer that question. I really don't know. But the quality of my 5 year old p&s outputs this:

and that's only at 5mp (shoots up to 10mp) setting. More megapixels just means that you can make the image larger without losing its integrity. It doesn't necessarily translate a better image quality. I'm sure the pros here can expand on this and explain much better than I can.

Plenty of articles out there like this one that explain it:

http://www.digital-photo-secrets.com...photo-quality/
Old 11-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #2237
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Oddometer: 602
Brian,

Holly cow no wonder that thing wouldn't stay running

Later
BIll
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #2238
rickcool72
mOtOcIcLiStA

Oddometer: 183
Montana Mountain Ride Part 2 - Video

Here's the second part (it takes me a bit of time to edit each part, sorry for the delay guys)

http://youtu.be/Xr2pZUKV9v0

Enjoy!

rickcool72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #2239
WJP4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcool72 View Post
Can I join?
You guys should bring your bikes down to AZ City we have unlimited areas of flats, hills, rocks and sand to practice in. We could have a riders clinic. I can't be the instructor cause I suck, but can do beer and BBQ after.
WJP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #2240
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,895
Quote:
Here's the second part (it takes me a bit of time to edit each part, sorry for the delay guys...Enjoy...
great video of the switchbacks down to the cabin
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #2241
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Quote:
Here's the second part (it takes me a bit of time to edit each part, sorry for the delay guys)

Enjoy!

nice.

As you passed me at 1:15:

and at 11:11:

Old 11-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #2242
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Quote:

http://youtu.be/Xr2pZUKV9v0

Enjoy!

Great video Ricardo.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #2243
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJP4 View Post
You guys should bring your bikes down to AZ City we have unlimited areas of flats, hills, rocks and sand to practice in. We could have a riders clinic. I can't be the instructor cause I suck, but can do beer and BBQ after.

Wade

Very cool offer

I would definitely be in but not for this weekend. I'm heading up to Prescott.

Bill
Old 11-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #2244
XB12R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
Great video Ricardo.
Ricardo, Bill, Paul, what do you have planned for when I'm down your way? That Montana Mountain looks cool. Ricardo, looks like your becoming a real pro, I'm going to have trouble keeping up with you. What tires did you settle on? If you guys have any ideas on trails, let me know so I can google them.

2010 BMW R1200GS, 2010 Ducati Monster 1100S, 2013 KTM 690 Enduro, 1985 Beta TR32, 1968 BSA 441 Victor Special
XB12R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #2245
WantToRideMoar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
Hmm. We're really running out of available space to do that sort of thing unless you really get out of the valley. (I'm bracing myself for a 750Volt rant there ) There used to be an empty lot on Val Vista and Pecos but they just started building there. You could go out to the south entrance of Bulldog Canyon but that's still 18 miles away from you.

I used to live out by Elsworth between Elliot and Guadalupe and there are some nice spots running along the powerlines that you could go out and practice. That area is also starting to be developed so I don;t know if it's still open. Worth a shot as it is only 9 miles away.

You may want to PM fanatic291. he found a super duper secret hideaway kiddie spot near his place. But the more we use those sorts of spots the more "they" close em up. So thread lightly. :)

Good Luck. I used to do a lot of parking lot practice days with some of my street riding buddies back in NY. It was actually a lot of fun and we'd always go for a ride after the drills.

Hmmm....
PM sent, and we've been discussing some things. There's still some concerns though.

I'm not afraid of heading out Hwy 87 or US-60 20 miles, as far as Sugarloaf Mountain or Four Peaks or Superior, if need be. And if I need to go a few miles on dirt to get to an unused gravel pit or similar spot, no big deal.

I am afraid, however, of practicing cornering on an active forest road when I'm deliberately trying to push my comfort envelope.

I'd much rather have an open area, and past my intended "corner" (marked in cones) that if the turn doesn't feel right, I can blow right through and not worry about dropping off a cliff or bashing into a stand of chollas.

What about out Hwy 79, south from 60 towards Florence? Just north of Cottonwood Canyon Road. Right around the cattle tank.
WantToRideMoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #2246
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
Great video Ricardo.
+1 on the video Ricardo.......
Old 11-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #2247
WantToRideMoar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Question for all you dirt bike riders with plated dirt bikes:

What's the funky sticker called that you have to get to use your plated/licensed dirt bike off road? Not the Tonto or other forest passes... something AZ specific.

(That sticker bugs the shyt out of me... I don't have to have it on my truck to go on forest roads, but I'm supposed to have it on my XR600 to use the same roads even though the XR is plated? FYYFF!)

That sticker isn't necessary for a truly street bike, if you wanted to take a cruiser back behind Four Peaks or Roosevelt Lake for instance. Right?

If "street" vehicles such as a truck or jeep, and "street" bikes are exempt from the requirements of the trail use tag, where do bikes like the Tiger 800, KTM 9x0, BMW 1200GS, or Yamaha S10 fall in the requirements range pertaining to that tag?
WantToRideMoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #2248
MrGoldfish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbiker78 View Post

How do you like that Honda? Would you take it on a Toroweap trip? Do you think it could handle the Toroweap trip?
Old 11-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #2249
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToRideMoar View Post

What's the funky sticker called that you have to get to use your plated/licensed dirt bike off road? Not the Tonto or other forest passes... something AZ specific.

(That sticker bugs the shyt out of me... I don't have to have it on my truck to go on forest roads, but I'm supposed to have it on my XR600 to use the same roads even though the XR is plated? FYYFF!)

That sticker isn't necessary for a truly street bike, if you wanted to take a cruiser back behind Four Peaks or Roosevelt Lake for instance. Right?

If "street" vehicles such as a truck or jeep, and "street" bikes are exempt from the requirements of the trail use tag, where do bikes like the Tiger 800, KTM 9x0, BMW 1200GS, or Yamaha S10 fall in the requirements range pertaining to that tag?
OHV sticker. It's 25 bucks and it goes to good places.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #2250
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToRideMoar View Post

What's the funky sticker called that you have to get to use your plated/licensed dirt bike off road? Not the Tonto or other forest passes... something AZ specific....

What is the OHV Decal?
The OHV Decal is a sticker which must be purchased annually to allow your OHV to be operated within Arizona.
The decal will need to be applied to the upper left corner of your license plate, and your license plate will need
to be visibly displayed on the rear of your OHV. The dollars collected through the purchase of the OHV Decal
are considered an OHV user fee and apply to all OHVs meeting the bulleted criteria in the following paragraph.
The OHV Decal should not be confused with “registration”.
Registration is required if you want to your OHV to be “street legal” (i.e., legal to be operated on paved and improved roads and streets).

The OHV Legislation used the word “indicia” to describe what needs to be put on the title of registration plates of covered OHV’s.
“Indicia” means distinctive marks or indication. It’s also commonly referred to as a “sticker” or “decal”.

What is considered an off-highway vehicle for the purpose of obtaining the OHV Decal?
An off-highway vehicle is any motor vehicle operated on unimproved roads, trails and approved use areas not suitable
for conventional two-wheel-drive vehicular travel. Examples include ATVs, UTVs, trail motorcycles and dirt bikes.

The requirement to purchase an OHV Decal only applies to OHVs meeting both of the following criteria:

1. An OHV designed by the manufacturer primarily for travel over unimproved terrain.
2. An OHV with an unladen weight of eighteen hundred pounds or less.

Pickup trucks, SUVs, cars and other recreational vehicles are not required (and will not be able) to obtain an OHV decal.
All other regulations apply.
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote