ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #2341
XB12R
Beastly Adventurer
 
XB12R's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Zillah WA, The Dalles OR
Oddometer: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
Ron,

Glad to here you made it made it home safe and if I am ever up your way I will definitely look you up. Be sure to let us know the next time you are in town.
Are you ready to do it again? I'll be in Mesa a week before Christmas! Can't wait!
__________________
2010 BMW R1200GS, 2010 Ducati Monster 1100S, 2011 WR250R, 1985 Beta TR32
XB12R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #2342
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 22,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
Julio you really do have enough bikes.
....
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:08 AM   #2343
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by XB12R View Post
Are you ready to do it again? I'll be in Mesa a week before Christmas! Can't wait!

Ron,

It will be great to ride with you again

See you soon
Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #2344
WantToRideMoar
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
and they have hookers! don't forget the hookers.

Really wish I could pull the trigger on your strom, Paul. It would make a great addition to my garage. But I don't think I could make it happen right now.
lol.

It just seems that if I list a piece of furniture on CL, I get a bunch of lowballers and people that want to have me deliver it in my truck. When I list that same item on BP, at least the people that show up have their own transportation for the item.

I've never sold a bike on either site though.
WantToRideMoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #2345
refokus
Just Learning
 
refokus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: North Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
Have you tired the ADV Flea Market....seems to weed out the riff raff pretty well...
I have bought and sold several bikes in the Flea Market. It averages about 30 days to sell a bike. I do have patience though.......
__________________
"Single Trac is like Scotch, you have to aquire a taste for it!"
refokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #2346
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 22,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
...

Ricardo, I wish you would commute with your car. The freeways around here are fricking crazy shiz. I gotta say my hat is off to all of you daily commuters. There are just so many people that drive like they still live in California.
I learned to ride in the streets of NYC. People here drive like saints comparatively.

Paul, it would make your life much more pleasurable if you took all those things that anger you and learned to really deal with them. Maybe you need yoga, Buddha, God, weed or whatever crutch people find to deal with life's every day stresses.

Riding to work for me is 10 times more pleasurable than driving in. With taking simple precautions and getting yourself into a good mindset each and every time you throw a leg over you can make the commute a joy, if not at the very least, a little more pleasurable for you since it's something that you're stuck with almost every day, twice a day, for a very long time.

You can either be aggravated by the things that are all around you that you see changing and fuck with your comfort level to the point where it overcomes your senses and it effects your health or you can find something within you that will let all those little girevances simply slide.

There's a middle way.

Believe me that finding this way is better for you than living the rest of your life being miserable. We all like you man. Hell, I for one love your rants and I wouldn't want you to change that one bit. But if the small stuff is truly diggin at you insides then I hope that you're able to find some relief.

Motorcycles for me has always been a big part of that relief. Seeing you sell them off like you are and reverting to driving instead of riding kinda makes me sad. But I'm not you and I don't know what makes you tick.

I hope you don't take offense to what I just wrote. If you do you can always tell me to fuck off. I'm cool with that.

__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #2347
rickcool72
mOtOcIcLiStA
 
rickcool72's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Mesa, AZ
Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
Riding to work for me is 10 times more pleasurable than driving in. With taking simple precautions and getting yourself into a good mindset each and every time you throw a leg over you can make the commute a joy, if not at the very least, a little more pleasurable for you since it's something that you're stuck with almost every day, twice a day, for a very long time.
+1

Oh, and as a stress reliever I do this:

http://youtu.be/iAkHnYuhHEg



rickcool72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #2348
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 22,888
All I'm saying is if you deal with these issues now, it wont matter where you go, you'll be fine. If you don't, then get ready for a bunch of "told ya so's" from the wife.

My best friend is retiring in 5 years. He grew up in Spanish Harlem. Later moved to Red Hook Brooklyn and now has lived over 10 years in the South Bronx. He bought a house down the street from me and is ticking down the seconds before retirement. He absolutely LOVES it here, as do I.

It's all a matter of perspective.

While you're here, try and enjoy the good things and fuck the rest. Have you gone outside today? Weather is absolutely magnificent. Enjoy it. Hope to see you on Saturday.

__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #2349
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise
 
fanatic291's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Mesa, by Usery
Oddometer: 470
I have tried to find a happy balance between commuting and riding offroad. Right now my balance is don't ride to work, because of the drivers near my office in North Scottsdale.

I have really enjoyed being able to ride my bike out to the trails and then have a nice ride. My bike is warmed up when I get there and I am in a really good mood to get out on the trail.

Being a Failed Californian...I know what you mean. I left the beach and the weather to move to AZ. Although I upgraded from a 900 square foot apartment to a 2500 square foot house for a cheaper payment and now I can Mountain Bike and Dirt Bike any time I want.

Try to be happy where your life has landed you and cater your hobbies to your surroundings. I gave up surfing and scuba diving to mountain bike and ride motorcycles. For me, being outside is the key to my happiness.
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #2350
WantToRideMoar
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
I learned to ride in the streets of NYC. People here drive like saints comparatively.

Paul, it would make your life much more pleasurable if you took all those things that anger you and learned to really deal with them. Maybe you need yoga, Buddha, God, weed or whatever crutch people find to deal with life's every day stresses.

Riding to work for me is 10 times more pleasurable than driving in. With taking simple precautions and getting yourself into a good mindset each and every time you throw a leg over you can make the commute a joy, if not at the very least, a little more pleasurable for you since it's something that you're stuck with almost every day, twice a day, for a very long time.

You can either be aggravated by the things that are all around you that you see changing and fuck with your comfort level to the point where it overcomes your senses and it effects your health or you can find something within you that will let all those little girevances simply slide.

There's a middle way.

Believe me that finding this way is better for you than living the rest of your life being miserable. We all like you man. Hell, I for one love your rants and I wouldn't want you to change that one bit. But if the small stuff is truly diggin at you insides then I hope that you're able to find some relief.

Motorcycles for me has always been a big part of that relief. Seeing you sell them off like you are and reverting to driving instead of riding kinda makes me sad. But I'm not you and I don't know what makes you tick.

I hope you don't take offense to what I just wrote. If you do you can always tell me to fuck off. I'm cool with that.

^^ A giant fucking plus eleventy to that.

I started riding at age 33, not quite 2 years ago. I had to commute from Mesa to North Scottsdale every day, and doing it in my truck was costing me about $400 a month along with two hours of my life every day, alternating between idle and about 35mph. I loathed it.

I had only started doing this because I changed jobs from a telecommuting job to an in-person job.

I'm a horrid, wretched commuter and it was affecting my outlook on life.

I've since gone back to that telecommuting job... but I do still have to go into the office once a week. And it happens on the bike, because I get to use the HOV lane and go 45-70mph rather than bump along staring at brake lights and cussing out the idiots in front of me.

I do have to mentally prepare myself for the ride and make sure I'm awake and alert each time, and make sure I keep my attention on the road and constantly trying to predict which 4-wheeled mentally challenged psychopath is going to try and kill me next, but the freedom that bike provides is worth it. I can explore just about anywhere in the State for less than $20 gas. I can go to San Diego or Vegas for about the same cost.

I love my bikes. Road or dirt. Even on my worst days, straddling up on one of the bikes for something even as mundane as a grocery store run of a mile or two... will improve my outlook on the situation immediately.

The last couple years have blessed me with about 35,000 miles of wonderful therapy.
WantToRideMoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #2351
CrozB
Studly Adventurer
 
CrozB's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 798
We need lane splitting in AZ (and the rest of the US) then commuting will be a true pleasure. Hard to believe California got that right. Karla is actually taking me and the Strom to the bay area tonight and I will be using it to commute next week. Looking forward to that commute.

Speaking of which, anyone want to ride Death Valley the weekend after this next? :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
__________________
'14 R1200GS Adventure
CrozB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #2352
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 22,888
We were so damn close and brewer vetoed it right at the end.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #2353
rickcool72
mOtOcIcLiStA
 
rickcool72's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Mesa, AZ
Oddometer: 145
Montana Mountain Ride Saturday 11/16/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcool72 View Post
Yes! I'll know for sure midweek next week.
I'm in!

Where's the meetup place, please? What time? Can I invite other riders?
rickcool72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #2354
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcool72 View Post
I'm in!

Where's the meetup place, please? What time? Can I invite other riders?

Ricardo,

Yea!!! glad you can make it and of course bring anyone intrested.

I am going to be at the Waffle House off the 60 and Idaho Rd at 7:00

I will send you the staging info via email when I get off work if you would like to meet there instead.

Later
Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #2355
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 22,888
For DR650 owners

This seems to be a decent deal for a dirt setup:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=933472
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014