ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #3106
refokus
Just Learning
 
refokus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: North Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
Brad,

That is great and I am glad you are going to check it out. If you say it is cool then I know we are good. If you say it's hard then I know I am in deep trouble
Bill, I rode the back way to CK today, well, I actually turned around at the last creek (used to be a creek) and returned back the same way. I was not hungry nor was I wanting to see any more quads than I had already encountered.

This was the first time I went this way in probably two years. It was a dusty ass ride, there was a lot of traffic on this route today, but I did not get an early start either.

A couple of spots will get your attention quick. It's not hard but a few areas takes some solid commitment to make the climbs. With that said I think you will be ok on this route. It's more chewed up than what it was a couple of years ago but it's nothing like it was 4 years ago before they graded it. I didn't get any pictures today but next week I will.
__________________
"Single Trac is like Scotch, you have to aquire a taste for it!"
refokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #3107
ducmons
Gnarly Adventurer
 
ducmons's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 348
Joined up with KC (wanttoridemoar) and we went over Four Peaks. Gorgeous day out.


Didn't think I had enough fuel, so stopped at the marina. Waited a long time for service, but it was quite relaxing to just hold still and enjoy the scenery.

I had never seen these cliffs!
__________________
'14 R1200GSA
ducmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #3108
seabee1
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
It is a stunning place, isn't it?
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #3109
lamotovita
Ageing Adventurer
 
lamotovita's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: WA/AZ, USA
Oddometer: 1,591
Trials Next Weekend

Sunday the 16th. Just east of Superior, makes a great dualsport destination. No charge for spectators.
If you come to spectate bring some hiking boots so you can get to the good stuff, and pack a lunch.


http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=40
__________________
Beaten paths are for beaten men.
lamotovita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #3110
viper05
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmons View Post
Joined up with KC (wanttoridemoar) and we went over Four Peaks. Gorgeous day out.


Didn't think I had enough fuel, so stopped at the marina. Waited a long time for service, but it was quite relaxing to just hold still and enjoy the scenery.

I had never seen these cliffs!
Nice Pics! What is the bag set-up on the back of the KTM?
Thx
__________________
67 TR6C, 70 TR6C
73 TR5T, 74 CZ250
76 MR250, 82 CBX
06 Scrambler, 10 530XC-W
viper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #3111
IBRiding
Forever Grateful
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
Bill, I rode the back way to CK today, well, I actually turned around at the last creek (used to be a creek) and returned back the same way. I was not hungry nor was I wanting to see any more quads than I had already encountered.

This was the first time I went this way in probably two years. It was a dusty ass ride, there was a lot of traffic on this route today, but I did not get an early start either.

A couple of spots will get your attention quick. It's not hard but a few areas takes some solid commitment to make the climbs. With that said I think you will be ok on this route. It's more chewed up than what it was a couple of years ago but it's nothing like it was 4 years ago before they graded it. I didn't get any pictures today but next week I will.
Brad,

Thanks for the info and lets hope for less quads for next weekend. Can you suggest a good meeting stop for Saturday?


Thanks
Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #3112
IBRiding
Forever Grateful
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
Hey guys

Karla and I are having a moving sale till 2pm today. We have some cheep bike stuff. Swing on by if you are in the hood and interested. Sold the Strom too.
1927 E Loma Vista Dr, Tempe AZ 85282








Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Dave,

Just saw this and wanted to say I hope everything works out for ya and I will miss riding with you both.


Take Care
Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #3113
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast
 
Reidy008's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Peoria, AZ
Oddometer: 2,277
Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper05 View Post
Nice Pics! What is the bag set-up on the back of the KTM?
Thx
Giant loop.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #3114
CrozB
Studly Adventurer
 
CrozB's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
Dave,

Just saw this and wanted to say I hope everything works out for ya and I will miss riding with you both.


Take Care
Bill
Thanks Bill. Should work out nice. Company gave me a nice opportunity. We are already living in the RV and just about ready for our departure in 2 weeks. Just have to unload all our stuff that will not fit in the RV.

BTW, Sold the V Storm and the Ural and picked up this little bike last week.

Been so busy getting ready to move I have not made it far from the beaten path. I am hoping to get one last ride in before we depart to finish breaking her in. Need to get that first service done before we go. Really looking forward to riding her all around Northern California. Should make for a nice daily commuter in Cali too.

Karla and I will miss riding with you guys. Bill you are a super guy. You put together some fantastic adventures and people are very lucky to be a part of your rides.

Dave


Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
__________________
'14 R1200GS Adventure
CrozB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:51 AM   #3115
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise
 
fanatic291's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Mesa, by Usery
Oddometer: 815
Your new bike looks great. I have been dreaming about the Urals. I like their look and I think it would be a lot of fun to cart my kids around on the fire roads.

What is your overall opinion? Was the maintenance worth it?
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #3116
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 27,431
Congrats on the new bike Karla, Dave and Gulliver. She's a beut. Enjoy it over there in Cali. I'm thinking of doing a summer trip around the Tahoe area and those roads are so yummy.
__________________
fingerdoodle
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #3117
refokus
Just Learning
 
refokus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: North Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
Brad,

Thanks for the info and lets hope for less quads for next weekend. Can you suggest a good meeting stop for Saturday?


Thanks
Bill
The SE corner of highway 74 and Lake Pleasant Rd. is a bar, the Wild Horse. It's the only place on that corner. Say 8:30
__________________
"Single Trac is like Scotch, you have to aquire a taste for it!"
refokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #3118
refokus
Just Learning
 
refokus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: North Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
Thanks Bill. Should work out nice. Company gave me a nice opportunity. We are already living in the RV and just about ready for our departure in 2 weeks. Just have to unload all our stuff that will not fit in the RV.

BTW, Sold the V Storm and the Ural and picked up this little bike last week.

Been so busy getting ready to move I have not made it far from the beaten path. I am hoping to get one last ride in before we depart to finish breaking her in. Need to get that first service done before we go. Really looking forward to riding her all around Northern California. Should make for a nice daily commuter in Cali too.

Karla and I will miss riding with you guys. Bill you are a super guy. You put together some fantastic adventures and people are very lucky to be a part of your rides.

Dave


Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
Good luck you two on your new endeavor.
__________________
"Single Trac is like Scotch, you have to aquire a taste for it!"
refokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #3119
IBRiding
Forever Grateful
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 602
Dave,

Sweet new ride and I am really glad for you with the new job opportunity. Please be sure to post some pics of your rides once you all get settled. I definitely need to make a trip up to northern California some time soon as I have never been there and hear it is absolutely gorgeous.

All the best to you and Karla
Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #3120
IBRiding
Forever Grateful
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 602
Crown King Via Lake Pleasent

Everyone,

I guess it is time to firm up the details for this Saturday. The last time we did the Lake Pleasant area we took the scenic route there from the east side and really didn't give us enough time.

I think we should plan on slabbing it this time if everyone is OK with that.

How does this sound? Meet at Coffee Rush at Baseline and Gilbert at 7:00 for everyone on the east side of town and leave by 7:30.

I know at least one person that is going to trailer there so we can stage off of Castle Hot Spring Road, ( I will post a pic of the staging area as well as the route soon) let's say around 8:15

Please chime in with any input or questions.

I have been wanting to do this ride for some time and can't thank Brad enough for scouting this out to make sure I am not getting in over my head.

See everyone Saturday.

Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015