ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 07:30 AM   #3256
WJP4
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Az City AZ Overgaard AZ
Oddometer: 156
I wish my Knees could still bend like that.
WJP4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #3257
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,366
I prop my feet up on the rear pegs and get into the superman position when I've done long highway miles. but at least I wear socks!
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:04 AM   #3258
Canyonlandman
Stop, drop, and roll
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 27
I think he misses his pager...
__________________
Stop, drop, and roll...
Canyonlandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #3259
agavelvr
Banned
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Sonoran Desert
Oddometer: 149

Pollo Picante was totaled by my insurance company. If I had more time and the buyback wasn't so steep, I would have given a budget minded inmate a chance to put her back on the trail. Was totally ridable with 2 new footpeg bolts. Oh well, insurance made me a deal I could not refuse



UPS is coming by with new parts everyday for my next project.
By the time my ribs heal, Agavelvr 3.0 will be ready
agavelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #3260
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,366


Love it.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #3261
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrGoldfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by agavelvr View Post

Pollo Picante was totaled by my insurance company. If I had more time and the buyback wasn't so steep, I would have given a budget minded inmate a chance to put her back on the trail. Was totally ridable with 2 new footpeg bolts. Oh well, insurance made me a deal I could not refuse



UPS is coming by with new parts everyday for my next project.
By the time my ribs heal, Agavelvr 3.0 will be ready

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but how did you wreck it?
__________________
Currently Owned: 2008 KLR 650
Previously Owned: 1998 Honda XR100; 2001 Honda XR250
2013 RR: Phoenix to Santa Fe & Back! – July 4th Weekend Adventure
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #3262
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoldfish View Post
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but how did you wreck it?
Chasing some crazy Dakar rider.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #3263
agavelvr
Banned
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Sonoran Desert
Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoldfish View Post
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but how did you wreck it?
Ride report is here.

Basically, after a nice morning of mildly technical riding, I hit a pothole on flat, graded road while we were connecting to more trail. Unfortunately, the lip of the hole struck the underside of the frame. This was at flat road speed, so I went flying over the bars. While there is no photographic evidence of the fall, I can assure you that I stuck the landing like an Olympic gymnast. They customarily land on their hip and break ribs right? Perfect 10
agavelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:53 PM   #3264
agavelvr
Banned
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Sonoran Desert
Oddometer: 149
Found this post on expo. Perhaps a good deal for my east side friends? Klim Jerseys for $15! Must be a fan of the Yammies though.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...78#post1517278
agavelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #3265
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrGoldfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by agavelvr View Post
Ride report is here.

Basically, after a nice morning of mildly technical riding, I hit a pothole on flat, graded road while we were connecting to more trail. Unfortunately, the lip of the hole struck the underside of the frame. This was at flat road speed, so I went flying over the bars. While there is no photographic evidence of the fall, I can assure you that I stuck the landing like an Olympic gymnast. They customarily land on their hip and break ribs right? Perfect 10
Wow! Glad you are on the mend. What happened to the bike that the insurance company decided that it should be totaled?
__________________
Currently Owned: 2008 KLR 650
Previously Owned: 1998 Honda XR100; 2001 Honda XR250
2013 RR: Phoenix to Santa Fe & Back! – July 4th Weekend Adventure
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #3266
Michhub
Major Medical
 
Michhub's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Queen Creek AZ
Oddometer: 3,808
Fender no problem...fork protectors took some work with a Dremel and some aluminum stock, I knew this going in...


Gonna get some decals/graphics for the protectors....the only way to get the SE ones was to order a kit for the whole bike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
__________________
Mike
Reinheitsgebot
'07 990ADV '08 530EXCR '04 XR650L
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"

Michhub screwed with this post 02-07-2014 at 07:37 AM Reason: correct the auto correct typos
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #3267
IBRiding
Forever Grateful
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
Fender no problem...fork protectors took some work with a Drexel and some aluminum stock, I knew this going in...


Gonna get some decals/graphics for the protectors....the only way to get the SE ones was to order a kit for the whole bike down:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Mike,

It looks good as new!!!!
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:19 PM   #3268
agavelvr
Banned
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Sonoran Desert
Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoldfish View Post
Wow! Glad you are on the mend. What happened to the bike that the insurance company decided that it should be totaled?
Part of the engine case where it connects to the frame cracked. That and a bunch of cosmetics. The cracked case seems to be a common problem on klrs that are jumped or crashed :(
agavelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:54 AM   #3269
2 SPOT
wannabe
 
2 SPOT's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: valley of the sunstroke, AZ
Oddometer: 3,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by agavelvr View Post
Found this post on expo. Perhaps a good deal for my east side friends? Klim Jerseys for $15! Must be a fan of the Yammies though.
dont have to support EXPO site for that, though shipping on buyers dime from canukistan takes some of the good deal away.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=948670
2 SPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:33 AM   #3270
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrGoldfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by agavelvr View Post
Part of the engine case where it connects to the frame cracked. That and a bunch of cosmetics. The cracked case seems to be a common problem on klrs that are jumped or crashed :(
Good to know. So they let you keep the bike after they totaled it?
__________________
Currently Owned: 2008 KLR 650
Previously Owned: 1998 Honda XR100; 2001 Honda XR250
2013 RR: Phoenix to Santa Fe & Back! – July 4th Weekend Adventure
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014