ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2014, 05:04 PM   #3466
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Oddometer: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtKlod View Post
Is this a paid position?
Can I use "ADV Ambassador Nominee" in my custom user title instead of "Beastly Adventurer"?
Nah, really guys, I'm just an old grouch who gets to help out every once in a while!
And I really appreciated it we will definitely need to do Montana Mountain some time.

Thanks Again

Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #3467
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Road Rage

So I had a new experience on the commute home today that really pissed me off and I wanted to vent, so since the wife isn't home yet, here I am.

So the story goes that I'm on Ray road going East where it crosses Arizona Avenue and I'm in the right lane and as you go through the intersection the right lane merges into the center lane. So I find an open spot where there is plenty of room to merge and I merge into the center lane which is now the right lane. As I move into that lane, a guy in a BMW 5 series clearly doesn't like that I merged in front of him so he does the customary accelerate up behind you and tailgate you so that you know that they didn't like that. So what, it's happened a million times. The next part is what pissed me off. He proceeds to move into the left lane and pull up next to me and then jerks the wheel so that he comes flying into my lane before jerking back into his lane. Luckily I was on the right side of my lane and so his stunt didn't affect me, but it still blows my mind that someone would take the chance of killing someone else because they disapproved of someone merging in front of them.

end of rant.

Thanks.
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:46 PM   #3468
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoldfish View Post
So I had a new experience on the commute home today that really pissed me off and I wanted to vent, so since the wife isn't home yet, here I am.

So the story goes that I'm on Ray road going East where it crosses Arizona Avenue and I'm in the right lane and as you go through the intersection the right lane merges into the center lane. So I find an open spot where there is plenty of room to merge and I merge into the center lane which is now the right lane. As I move into that lane, a guy in a BMW 5 series clearly doesn't like that I merged in front of him so he does the customary accelerate up behind you and tailgate you so that you know that they didn't like that. So what, it's happened a million times. The next part is what pissed me off. He proceeds to move into the left lane and pull up next to me and then jerks the wheel so that he comes flying into my lane before jerking back into his lane. Luckily I was on the right side of my lane and so his stunt didn't affect me, but it still blows my mind that someone would take the chance of killing someone else because they disapproved of someone merging in front of them.

end of rant.

Thanks.
No surprise here? Glad you came out alive!!
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #3469
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Batman,

Glad you were not hurt and just once wouldn't it be nice to have a cop witness someone pull this crap and not just ticket them but put them in cuffs?

Bill
Old 02-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #3470
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Southern AZ Camping ride 022214

All,

Wade and I are going to do a overnight camping ride leaving Saturday 02/22/14

Below is a general idea of our route.

If anyone would like to join us please do.

We are thinking of meeting at the Iron Skillet restaurant at exit 200 off the I-10 at 7:00am

Take Care
Bill
Old 02-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #3471
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,698
Sure...plan a southerly route when I'm outta town
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:06 PM   #3472
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoldfish View Post
So I had a new experience on the commute home today
At the very least, you note his license plate number, vehicle description, direction and location of the occurence. Then, when you get a chance, call it in to the police. If you are able to call immediately, and they have a unit in that area, they will be on the lookout for the vehicle. You can even go so far as to file an official report. Road rage is a criminal offense and endangerment is a serious offense as well. Reporting him, puts him on some sort of a road rage list. I'm not sure what they do with it after that. Had he of made brief contact such as brushing your elbow with his mirror (wink wink), and then driven off, I would think you could report him for hit and run.

DurtKlod screwed with this post 02-18-2014 at 06:40 PM
DurtKlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:29 PM   #3473
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise

Oddometer: 589
That looks like a fun route Bill.

We will have to compare notes after the weekend. Stan and I are heading out Friday to Workman falls for an overnighter. The temps up on the rim scared me too much to attempt Young/Heber.
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #3474
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
Sure...plan a southerly route when I'm outta town
Mike,

Sorry man, Can you just get sick a little early and come back to phx early?

Bill
Old 02-19-2014, 07:33 AM   #3475
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but that doesn't mean I wasn't pissed. My first thought was that I should stick my foot out as I go by him and take his mirror off. I didn't think that would help the situation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
Batman,

Glad you were not hurt and just once wouldn't it be nice to have a cop witness someone pull this crap and not just ticket them but put them in cuffs?

Bill
That would've been nice.

Quote:
At the very least, you note his license plate number, vehicle description, direction and location of the occurence. Then, when you get a chance, call it in to the police. If you are able to call immediately, and they have a unit in that area, they will be on the lookout for the vehicle. You can even go so far as to file an official report. Road rage is a criminal offense and endangerment is a serious offense as well. Reporting him, puts him on some sort of a road rage list. I'm not sure what they do with it after that. Had he of made brief contact such as brushing your elbow with his mirror (wink wink), and then driven off, I would think you could report him for hit and run.
I didn't think much of it until after I got home. I'll keep those things in mind going forward if something like this ever happens again. Thanks for your two cents.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:37 AM   #3476
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

That looks like an awesome over nighter.

I'm hoping I can get out a few times this spring with you guys. I still haven't got around to getting the front forks all fixed up yet. I decided to get some racetech springs though so those should be in soon. Looking forward to the pictures from this ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
All,

Wade and I are going to do a overnight camping ride leaving Saturday 02/22/14

Below is a general idea of our route.

If anyone would like to join us please do.

We are thinking of meeting at the Iron Skillet restaurant at exit 200 off the I-10 at 7:00am

Take Care
Bill
Old 02-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #3477
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,087
In days of ol

Back in the day,(yes I'm that old)road rage was solved by a handful of ball bearings over the shoulder followed by rapid acceleration, & I seem to remember a certain club in cali that carried 32oz ballpeen hammers on board---

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:57 AM   #3478
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Oddometer: 24,393
Quote:
yep. There was a thread around here someplace where the rider did exactly this. He contacted the cops. Cops went to the driver's house. Turned out that the driver was a punk kid that had taken daddy's car for a drive and then the parent were begging and pleading with the rider to not press charges and 'fucking up' the little snowflake's life.

I don't remember how that thread turned out but I wish I could find it.

For the most part I try my darnedest to keep my cool out on the road. Car vs bike usually doesn't end well for the bike.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #3479
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
For the most part I try my darnedest to keep my cool out on the road. Car vs bike usually doesn't end well for the bike.
Which is why I left his mirror intact and let him pull ahead of me and go on his way.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:41 AM   #3480
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic291 View Post
That looks like a fun route Bill.

We will have to compare notes after the weekend. Stan and I are heading out Friday to Workman falls for an overnighter. The temps up on the rim scared me too much to attempt Young/Heber.

Aaron,

You guys have a great time and I don't blame you on changing your plans. It's cold up there!!!

Bill