ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #3691
IBRiding
Forever Grateful
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 600
Ricardo Hill

Ricardo,

Congrats on the hill naming. One of these days I need you to show it to me.

Take Care
Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #3692
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast
 
Reidy008's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Peoria, AZ
Oddometer: 2,068
Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
You mean Brian,

He is doing well and I think will be back sometime in the summer. In the mean time I am storing them for him.

Bill
Good stuff. Glad he is doing ok.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:07 PM   #3693
Dirtbiker78
Getting there...
 
Dirtbiker78's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
Good stuff. Glad he is doing ok.
Hi Drew

Still trying to get my admin sorted here on this side so I can come back. I think it's gonna take a minute

Hopefully, if all goes well I should be back towards the end of summer. Possibly just in time to catch the monsoon season.

In the meantime I've had my 450 I keep here into the shop for a good seeing too and should have it back in a week or so.

Glad you're all doing well on that side, keep posting pictures. The riding is one of the things I miss the most and I can't wait to get back now.
__________________
Camping without weed is just pretending to be homeless
S#!t happens when you party naked

Dirtbiker78 screwed with this post 03-18-2014 at 11:57 PM
Dirtbiker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #3694
EZ300
Studly Adventurer
 
EZ300's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: ARIDZONA
Oddometer: 980
Anybody recommend a good local suspension guy to me.
Want somebody familiar with the KTM 990 and an aggressive set-up.

Not looking to ship. I've used Superplush and others but would like to keep it local.

Thx,
EZ
__________________
EZ
AMRA
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 530 XC-W Six Days
www.rockstarsmc.com
EZ300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:29 PM   #3695
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ300 View Post
Anybody recommend a good local suspension guy to me.
Want somebody familiar with the KTM 990 and an aggressive set-up.

Not looking to ship. I've used Superplush and others but would like to keep it local.

Thx,
EZ
I've never used them but have heard good things.

Stillwell Performance
27822 N. 155th Place
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #3696
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise
 
fanatic291's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Mesa, by Usery
Oddometer: 598
My wife made me a bag for Desert Daze. It turned out pretty good.

fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #3697
DOD
idiot dirt rider
 
DOD's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
I've never used them but have heard good things.

Stillwell Performance
27822 N. 155th Place
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
BigE and Bigbugberg both have suspensions setup by Stillwell (690's). They are both happy with his work.

I just bought a 990 that he set up but I have not ridden it enough to have an opinion.

-dod
__________________
This is my only chance to assemble a disreputable past
DOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #3698
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic291 View Post
My wife made me a bag for Desert Daze. It turned out pretty good.
Looks sweet. I'll trade you a windscreen for it.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:38 AM   #3699
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E
 
BIG-E's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ300 View Post
Anybody recommend a good local suspension guy to me.
Want somebody familiar with the KTM 990 and an aggressive set-up.

Not looking to ship. I've used Superplush and others but would like to keep it local.

Thx,
EZ
As DOD said above, I am totally happy with my Stillwell set up!

And that's not easy as I am kinda portly.

Allen IS the go-to guy for any boinger work, and you might get to check out the factory Beta's, as he is the North American Team Manager.

And, if you don't like something, he will re-work it for you and is local.

He is not cheap, but I truly believe you get what you pay for.
__________________


"If my Technique Improves, so will my riding"!
BIG-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #3700
EZ300
Studly Adventurer
 
EZ300's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: ARIDZONA
Oddometer: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-E View Post
As DOD said above, I am totally happy with my Stillwell set up!

And that's not easy as I am kinda portly.

Allen IS the go-to guy for any boinger work, and you might get to check out the factory Beta's, as he is the North American Team Manager.

And, if you don't like something, he will re-work it for you and is local.

He is not cheap, but I truly believe you get what you pay for.
Eric,
Thanks for the confirmation.
I dropped off the forks and shocks with Stillwell yesterday.
He said they'd be ready tomorrow!
__________________
EZ
AMRA
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 530 XC-W Six Days
www.rockstarsmc.com
EZ300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #3701
Michhub
Major Medical
 
Michhub's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Queen Creek AZ
Oddometer: 3,772
Keep us posted on how they turn out...I was going to have them do my 530 suspension...I'm happy with how my 990 stuff came back from Superplush.
__________________
Mike
Reinheitsgebot
'07 990ADV '08 530EXCR '04 XR650L
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #3702
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZstateParksOHV View Post
Knock in the top end,
Desert daze will have to wait
Chill'n in Florence:(
That sucks. I sent you my contact info if you need help.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #3703
AlwaysGrowin
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Oddometer: 11
Hello all! Been on ADV for quite some time to first learn what bike to ride then how to prepare for a 10 day 3500 mile ride with my Dad, Brother and a friend from Dallas who has since passed.
Trip was amazing but soon after that I wrecked my bike real good doing the back way up Crown King back when it was 4x4 only (or at least appeared to be to this newbie)
Anywaaaay she's running again and if I get a mirror on tonight I would LOVE to join in on a ride this weekend! Prefer big bike friendly stuff to avoid more pocketbook pains. Did I hear something about Globe and forest roads?

I'm on an 03 Dakar with a lowering link because genetics isn't a choice
AlwaysGrowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #3704
utefan
03'XR650R
 
utefan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale - Arizona
Oddometer: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by dod View Post
i just bought a 990 that he set up but i have not ridden it enough to have an opinion.

-dod
pictures???
__________________
06' Honda Ridgeline
I'm at my target weight, I'm just not at my target height yet!
utefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:01 PM   #3705
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysGrowin View Post
Hello all! Been on ADV for quite some time to first learn what bike to ride then how to prepare for a 10 day 3500 mile ride with my Dad, Brother and a friend from Dallas who has since passed.
Trip was amazing but soon after that I wrecked my bike real good doing the back way up Crown King back when it was 4x4 only (or at least appeared to be to this newbie)
Anywaaaay she's running again and if I get a mirror on tonight I would LOVE to join in on a ride this weekend! Prefer big bike friendly stuff to avoid more pocketbook pains. Did I hear something about Globe and forest roads?

I'm on an 03 Dakar with a lowering link because genetics isn't a choice
Welcome. Bill is doing a big bike friendly ride here.


Any here wanting to do a more big bike unfriendly ride? I'm trucking the DRZ out there and wouldn't mind sharing the drive there.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014