ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #4171
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
I'm not quite there yet but thought the more experienced riders would appreciate this one....
That was great!! Thanks for sharing.
__________________
I have 3 glasses that are all a third full, 5 half birds in the bush and the one in my hand keeps biting me!!
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:57 AM   #4172
CNRED
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
I'm not quite there yet but thought the more experienced riders would appreciate this one....
Very COOL, at my age, makes me think about a Trials Bike, looks like a lot of fun.
__________________
2011 WR250r
2007 BMW f650GS
1988 Honda NX650 - X2
1982 Honda GL1100 - X2
CNRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #4173
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrGoldfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plawa View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for a cooling vest for AZ summers?
I use this...

http://www.amazon.com/Chill-Its-6665...s=cooling+vest

Works great!
__________________
Currently Owned: 2008 KLR 650
Previously Owned: 1998 Honda XR100; 2001 Honda XR250
2013 RR: Phoenix to Santa Fe & Back! July 4th Weekend Adventure
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #4174
IBRiding
Forever Grateful
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 600
Ride Saturday (Finally);

Well after a longer than planned time off the bike its time for a ride Saturday. I am chomping at the bit to get on two wheels and hopefully see some good friends and maybe meet some new ones.

What Im thinking is going to Blue Ridge Reservoir via forest roads 95 and 300. Thats all I got and I haven't been on FR95 but what is important is the ride not the destination. It looks to be really tame and should be big bike friendly.

We can meet at the Chevron opposite the Fort McDowell Casino at 7:00 AM and stop for chow in Pine. Please feel free to join me for all or part of the ride.

Hoping to see everyone Saturday and take care

Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #4175
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise
 
fanatic291's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Mesa, by Usery
Oddometer: 598
It's good to see you back Bill. I will be kayaking up at Blue Ridge on the 18 and 19 of this month.

Have a safe ride and take lots of pictures.
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #4176
IBRiding
Forever Grateful
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic291 View Post
It's good to see you back Bill. I will be kayaking up at Blue Ridge on the 18 and 19 of this month.

Have a safe ride and take lots of pictures.
Thanks Aaron and have a great time kayaking.


Later
Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:06 PM   #4177
rickcool72
mOtOcIcLiStA
 
rickcool72's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Mesa, AZ
Oddometer: 170
I'm in!!! See you Saturday!

;-)
rickcool72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #4178
IBRiding
Forever Grateful
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcool72 View Post
I'm in!!! See you Saturday!

;-)
Ricardo,

Very Cool, it will be great to see ya again.

Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #4179
EZ300
Studly Adventurer
 
EZ300's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: ARIDZONA
Oddometer: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
Well after a longer than planned time off the bike its time for a ride Saturday. I am chomping at the bit to get on two wheels and hopefully see some good friends and maybe meet some new ones.

What Im thinking is going to Blue Ridge Reservoir via forest roads 95 and 300. Thats all I got and I haven't been on FR95 but what is important is the ride not the destination. It looks to be really tame and should be big bike friendly.

We can meet at the Chevron opposite the Fort McDowell Casino at 7:00 AM and stop for chow in Pine. Please feel free to join me for all or part of the ride.

Hoping to see everyone Saturday and take care

Bill

Big bike or little bike ride?
__________________
EZ
AMRA
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 530 XC-W Six Days
www.rockstarsmc.com
EZ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #4180
IBRiding
Forever Grateful
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 600
Hi Eric

This is definitely big bike friendly. Kathy and Loren will be riding 2 up.

Hope to see you.

Later
Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:00 AM   #4181
verboten
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
We can meet at the Chevron opposite the Fort McDowell Casino at 7:00 AM and stop for chow in Pine. Please feel free to join me for all or part of the ride.

Hoping to see everyone Saturday and take care

Bill
Alarm clock worked ;)
See you all in a few.
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:11 AM   #4182
EZ300
Studly Adventurer
 
EZ300's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: ARIDZONA
Oddometer: 980
Not going to make it. Catch you next time.
__________________
EZ
AMRA
2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2010 KTM 530 XC-W Six Days
www.rockstarsmc.com
EZ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #4183
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten View Post
Alarm clock worked ;)
See you all in a few.
Whew! Close one!
__________________
I have 3 glasses that are all a third full, 5 half birds in the bush and the one in my hand keeps biting me!!
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #4184
Plawa
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Plawa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 205
In case anyone was wondering if a GS fits through the Horseshoe reservoir dam... it does. It's a bit of a tight squeeze though...



And yes, it fits Sheep Bridge too...



End of today's "Where does a GS fit" PSA.
Plawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:05 PM   #4185
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer
 
jtwest's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Wickenburg, AZ
Oddometer: 2,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plawa View Post
In case anyone was wondering if a GS fits through the Horseshoe reservoir dam... it does. It's a bit of a tight squeeze though...



And yes, it fits Sheep Bridge too...



End of today's "Where does a GS fit" PSA.
Finally! A life long question answered! Thanks!
__________________
I have 3 glasses that are all a third full, 5 half birds in the bush and the one in my hand keeps biting me!!
jtwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014