ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2014, 12:54 PM   #4426
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 23,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic291 View Post
The Restaurant closes at 9 and the gas station closes at 10.
ooo. That's cuttin it close!

They don't leave the pumps open?
Old 08-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #4427
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise

Oddometer: 547
The pumps have computers, so I would assume they stay on. The store closes at 10 though. I might bring food just in case.

Stan gets off work around 4, so we will be ready to ride when you are. We can meet at Lost Dutchman and Apache Trail at 7pm.
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #4428
rickcool72
mOtOcIcLiStA

Oddometer: 156
Can I join?
rickcool72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #4429
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,719
thanks cyberdos..

they usually cut the pumps off after hours,, theft, fire ect.

something we used to do back in the day with friends coming from different places was agree on a camping spot and all meet there,
it was very relaxing since we werent all rushing around trying to meet at a specific time. then just spend the nite BS'ing and head out as a group the following a.m.

verboten has suggested i lead a ride into the area for some indian ruin show and tell, sounds good to me. we will want to plan out a camping trip for it, at least an overniter but i'd suggest two. when the temps cool off a bit.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #4430
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
thanks cyberdos..

they usually cut the pumps off after hours,, theft, fire ect.

something we used to do back in the day with friends coming from different places was agree on a camping spot and all meet there,
it was very relaxing since we werent all rushing around trying to meet at a specific time. then just spend the nite BS'ing and head out as a group the following a.m.

verboten has suggested i lead a ride into the area for some indian ruin show and tell, sounds good to me. we will want to plan out a camping trip for it, at least an overniter but i'd suggest two. when the temps cool off a bit.
I'm definitely in for that. I agree about the ride your own ride dealio but if all 3 of us are in the general vicinity we might as well all head out at the same time.

But still, If Aaron and Stan want to head out earlier I'm cool with arriving there late. No problemo.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #4431
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise

I would rather ride as a group. Who would change my tire if it goes flat?

This is the map that Julio and I talked about earlier:

http://goo.gl/maps/13Pgy

If we leave at 7pm from the junction of Lost Dutchman and Apache trail, I assume we would be at the gas station before 10pm.

I will carry my 2 gallon rotopax. The map looks like we will 180 miles between fueling. (I will bring a siphon hose too)

I will bring my own food for dinner and breakfast. If the store is still open at Roosevelt then I will consider myself lucky.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #4432
2 SPOT
wannabe

i mighta not been clear,, i wasnt referring to your ride this w/e, i'm talking about a larger group doing a longer ride and camping. say small groups of two or more from simliar areas would meet and ride out to the camp spot where everyone making up the whole group would eventually be for the night, then together as a large group for the rest of the ride till the return home as small groups.

when we did that we would almost always pick up one or two other riders en route, like i might meet ya guys at the gas station up there and continue on with ya but i wouldnt go all the way to east mesa to start with ya.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #4433
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Quote:

I will carry my 2 gallon rotopax. The map looks like we will 180 miles between fueling. (I will bring a siphon hose too)
It's about 130 between gas at Roosevelt and the station at Young. that's pretty much stretching it to the limit on my stock tank. Unless I bring the DRZ instead. then I won't have any fuel problems.

Quote:
I will bring my own food for dinner and breakfast. If the store is still open at Roosevelt then I will consider myself lucky.
It better be open because we need gas. If we stop for dinner at the marina then I'm set for the evening. Breakfast, I can get by with a snack and some coffee. Do you have a jetboil? My camping gear sucks.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #4434
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise

I have a nice MSR Whisperlite and a Sawyer water filter. I will bring both.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #4435
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
i mighta not been clear,, i wasnt referring to your ride this w/e, i'm talking about a larger group doing a longer ride and camping. say small groups of two or more from simliar areas would meet and ride out to the camp spot where everyone making up the whole group would eventually be for the night, then together as a large group for the rest of the ride till the return home as small groups.

when we did that we would almost always pick up one or two other riders en route, like i might meet ya guys at the gas station up there and continue on with ya but i wouldnt go all the way to east mesa to start with ya.

Plan the ride to the ruins. I am in for sure. There looks like a really cool campsite right on the river about 1.5 miles north of the trailhead at Devil's Chasm.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #4436
rickcool72
mOtOcIcLiStA

Oddometer: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcool72 View Post
Can I join?
No answer?

I promise not to do much of this:

... it's all good, I don't wanna slow you guys down.

rickcool72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:55 PM   #4437
2 SPOT
wannabe

if its the same one, thats a nice open flat spot,, and its only 150yds. walking distance.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #4438
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise

That's funny. I sent you a PM about 10 minutes ago.

You should come along. There are a couple exits near the 60 if we feel overwhelmed. This is a Cyberdos exploration ride, so who knows what will happen.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:24 PM   #4439
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Quote:
...This is a Cyberdos exploration ride, so who knows what will happen.

From about where we camp to the 60 is only about 50 miles so that's a good bail out spot for anyone that thinks they may be in over their head. Most of it should be easy but the closer I look at the route it appears there may be a few nice river crossings that should make it interesting. I'll bring the tow rope. At the Salt River Canyon we'll asses any damage and take the blue or the red pill from there. The Salt River Canyon all on itself is a great destination. It's a nice ride back to town through Globe on the 60 for those that bail.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #4440
2 SPOT
wannabe

BTW bring some cash with you just in case you have to use the self pay fee into the reservation there. its not much, $8 i think?