ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #4486
Plawa
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Plawa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 210
So seeing all this rez talk.. I only had maybe 2h yesterday so I figured I'll just go up South Mountain, of course I didn't know summit rd was closed so I decided to ride around the mountain (counter-clock wise). I took a left on Pecos Rd and followed the dirt road all the way to the outlets. Now I'm being told that's a bad idea..

I didn't see any signs except for "No outlet" (which is clearly a lie because there are several by I-10 ;), how much trouble can someone give me for being on what is clearly a road in the rez?

I'm not from the US, I do my best to follow the law of the land wherever I go (and expect others to do the same in my country), maybe if I started speaking with a thick accent and telling them i'm SERIOUSLY lost they would have let me go...
Plawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:06 PM   #4487
verboten
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plawa View Post
So seeing all this rez talk.. I only had maybe 2h yesterday so I figured I'll just go up South Mountain, of course I didn't know summit rd was closed so I decided to ride around the mountain (counter-clock wise). I took a left on Pecos Rd and followed the dirt road all the way to the outlets. Now I'm being told that's a bad idea..

I didn't see any signs except for "No outlet" (which is clearly a lie because there are several by I-10 ;), how much trouble can someone give me for being on what is clearly a road in the rez?

I'm not from the US, I do my best to follow the law of the land wherever I go (and expect others to do the same in my country), maybe if I started speaking with a thick accent and telling them i'm SERIOUSLY lost they would have let me go...
So, what did you do when you got to the end of Pecos road and found the barricade? Did you take the utility line road? There used to be signs saying you couldn't do that.

Give them a call to find out where you can travel...
(520) 562-7137. The Gila tribe is fairly laid back and usually have signs posted as to where you can not be. Worst case scenario, they take your bike and throw you in a tribal prison
verboten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #4488
Plawa
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Plawa's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by verboten View Post
So, what did you do when you got to the end of Pecos road and found the barricade? Did you take the utility line road? There used to be signs saying you couldn't do that.

Give them a call to find out where you can travel...
(520) 562-7137. The Gila tribe is fairly laid back and usually have signs posted as to where you can not be. Worst case scenario, they take your bike and throw you in a tribal prison
I rode from west to east, never saw any barricades or anything that would make me feel like I'm avoiding an obstacle.. I didn't take the 4-lane Pecos rd., I stayed on the utility road south of it and rode along the canal all the way to wildhorsepass.. the only obstacle was the gate at the eastern end where it dumps you out by the outlets.. I would not go there if there was one on the other end, like I said i prefer staying out of trouble (i.e. tribal prison)
Plawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #4489
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,266
Xr50

In case anyone is looking for a little fiddy I'm still trying to sell my son's.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/4625986019.html

__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #4490
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast
 
Reidy008's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Peoria, AZ
Oddometer: 2,068
Size

Is he to big for it now?
Reidy008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:13 PM   #4491
4play
Next?
 
4play's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Avondale, AZ
Oddometer: 2,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
In case anyone is looking for a little fiddy I'm still trying to sell my son's.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/4625986019.html

If you sell it, what will you ride at the ovens this year?
__________________
Seabee1 "Cute like baby rabbits"
4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #4492
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
Is he to big for it now?
yeah, he got a TTR90


Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
If you sell it, what will you ride at the ovens this year?
fo sho.


__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #4493
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,266
Is today a holiday or something?





where are all my moto brethren?
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:51 AM   #4494
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer
 
Lil' Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NYC, AZ
Oddometer: 3,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
Is today a holiday or something?



where are all my moto brethren?


On my way, just gonna take me a bit longer than I'm used to.


__________________
Steve
13 PCX150, 07 KLX250S w/300 kit, 05 DR650SE, 01 FZ-1
99 VFR800 w/870 kit, 96 GPz1100, 87 CH250
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:53 AM   #4495
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,266


That thing's gonna topple over! Be careful on the BQE.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #4496
ZEmann
want to be riding
 
ZEmann's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
Is today a holiday or something?





where are all my moto brethren?

some schools are canceled and I said screw it due to ADOT closures
but my wife got a block away from the house and the water was to deep so she came home

so I had to drive Her to work today it was a cage kinda day

a cage with an eight inch lift LOL
ZEmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #4497
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 25,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEmann View Post
some schools are canceled and I said screw it due to ADOT closures
but my wife got a block away from the house and the water was to deep so she came home

so I had to drive Her to work today it was a cage kinda day

a cage with an eight inch lift LOL
Perfect day to make a trip out to Fish Creek.
__________________
...
Presione dos para español.
cyberdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #4498
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer
 
Lil' Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NYC, AZ
Oddometer: 3,904
__________________
Steve
13 PCX150, 07 KLX250S w/300 kit, 05 DR650SE, 01 FZ-1
99 VFR800 w/870 kit, 96 GPz1100, 87 CH250
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #4499
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise
 
fanatic291's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Mesa, by Usery
Oddometer: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
Perfect day to make a trip out to Fish Creek.
I was thinking the same thing this morning. Too bad my schedule isn't lining up.
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #4500
ZEmann
want to be riding
 
ZEmann's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 637
I like your thinking I never heard of it before

http://www.americansouthwest.net/ari...ek/canyon.html

how far from say the one lane bridges ( my only reference point ) lol
ZEmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014