ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #646
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

Oddometer: 550
F800ekelley

Sorry I for got include you as well in my last post. Please join us if you can make it.
IBRiding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #647
azredline
Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
That little river can get interesting that runs through there.

Also, I was looking at the map. There is a pipeline road that intersects with Sasco before the mine. I was thinking...
After Loren goes mining maybe we could take that pipeline road north and connect up to Sunland Gin road. It could be a really cool ride?
Just a heads up... A few of us were down there in Oct with no recent rains and that "little river" (Santa Cruz) crossing was about 24" deep, and there were loose rocks in the center that you couldn't see. I made it through but got both boots full!

After seeing me flounder around in there, the rest of the group opted out, so we went south and circled the air park (museum?) and came in from the other side, via silver bell rd, which was fine. The road continuing on toward Silver Bell mine was closed at that time (W of Sasco at the intersection of sasco and silver bell rd).

Also, we planned to go out via that road that comes from behind Picacho peak (starts out as sunland gin I think) but it had a deep quagmire that forced us to go back around the long way we had come from which made gas supply interesting.

Things may have changed again since then, but with all this rain...have fun and let us know what you find!
cheers, steve
Old 01-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #648
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

Oddometer: 442
Thank you very much for the heads up Steve. We have had some pretty good adventures lately and I think it would be nice to have an easy big bike day, so we will heed your advice. I did enough underwater riding on the verde.
-Paul
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #649
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

All,

I agree with Paul and want to have a easy ride. I'm not quite sure if what Steve mentions that Sasco Rd from I10 will be OK or not. If not I guess we need to come up with a plan B or push the ride out until 2/9

If possible lets try to keep it around the same general area so everyone that was intrested will not have to add a lot of extral miles. We could do Cochran instead as that is pretty mello.

So let's hear from everyone as to what we should do. Either push it out another week or modify the route.

Bill

IBRiding screwed with this post 01-27-2013 at 06:34 PM
Old 01-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #650
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

I am in for whatever the group decides. I looked at the maps pretty close and to be honest I don't know any of that area well at all. So I would be guessing and would like to hear from those in the know. -P
Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #651
WJP4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Hey Guys, Yes AZRedline is correct that little river crossing has been running deep all winter. There is a back road behind Picacho that brings you out at the feed yard behind Red Rock. We could go down and check out the River, If it's to deep then go out to the access Rd. and down to Marana. It's 10 miles. Then you can get fuel and go to the ruins,and back without crossing the river.There is a back RD. from Marana ( Dirt ) That's goes to Mule Deer Rd. That takes you to Park Link Dr. Then could go up to Freeman Rd. to Willow springs and whatever else. I'm not much of a ride leader cause everyone passes me and that makes leading difficult. But would be more than willing to help out if you still want to ride that area.
Wade.
WJP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #652
nochain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Guys I just sold my bike....I thought it would take longer and that I would have more time to ride it :(

Anyway if and when I get another I wanted to thank you all for letting me think I could at least ride with you guys!

Hope you guys have a nice and safe adventure this weekend!

Ron
nochain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #653
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

Thanks Wade

Thanks to Wade's information it looks like we can pretty much keep the trip as planned. How does meeting at Tags at 9:00 sound? For anyone meeting me at the house we should leave around 8:15

Ron,

If you every get another ride look us up.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #654
nochain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Thanks IBR!
nochain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #655
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

Tomorrow

All,

We will see everyone tomorrow, the weather should be really nice.

Bill
Old 02-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #656
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

Heading out soon

All.

I will be heading out soon but may be just a little late at Tags. 1/2 hour worst case
Old 02-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #657
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

Great Day

Thanks to all for another great day and a special thanks to Wade for leading the way. I will post some pics soon.

Bill
Old 02-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #658
AzTinBender
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Another fun day of ruins.

Thanks for the ride, everyone. Nothing beats a good ride and a few acres of mining ruins.
Here's a link to some of my pictures:
https://plus.google.com/photos/11643...61699811830577
And here's a link to a short history of Sasco:
http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/sasco.html
I tried to find pictures of the smelter in operation but there doesn't seem to be much out there.
Thanks again,
Loren
AzTinBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:09 PM   #659
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

Sorry I missed it. Hopefully I will survive the surgery and make the next one. I think I am supposed to wait 3 - 4 weeks but if we do another easy run I can always ride 1 handed.
Glad you guys had a good day. -Paul
Old 02-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #660
F800ekelley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
F800ekelley

Sorry I for got include you as well in my last post. Please join us if you can make it.

No worries next weekend if u guys are riding keep me posted i would love to meetup
F800ekelley is offline   Reply With Quote