ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #676
750Volts! OP
India or bust!

Oddometer: 445
Get well soon!
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #677
JayHawk
Grandpa to 3

Oddometer: 131
Glad you're okay.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #678
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Oddometer: 601
Before and After

Here is before

Here is after

IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #679
azredline
Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBRiding View Post
All,

I just got back home and am going to take it easy until tomorrow.

Bill
Here's wishing you a quick recovery!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #680
750Volts! OP
India or bust!

I got some good news. The guy from Boston Scientific said that my new defibrillator is much more shielded to EMF than my old Medtronic one was. He said that after I heal up that he will come to my house and monitor the device while I weld to make sure there is no interference. My wife was looking at him like he was Satan. it was awesome. She kept trying to get me to sell or give away my welder. I told her I would use it again. He also said that my battery is guaranteed to last 10 years. So Tuesday i get my stitches out and only 3 more weeks until I can use the left arm. I feel as useful as a football bat right now. This is killing me. But at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #681
WJP4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Wishing both you guys a speedy recovery and get back on the dirt soon.
WJP4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #682
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,091
Daaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

OK guys this "OVER THE HILL GANG" shit got to stop , As we all know we got places to go, people to see, things to do.

I still want to see whats over the next mountain or around the next curve.I suggest that we form a "mutual appreciation group" ,

pack up our meds, batteries, jumper cables & what ever else it takes to keep us ticking & go for a nice long ride

What say you ?

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #683
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Oddometer: 601
Jeff,

Agreed,

Who is up for a nice and easy Cochran ride Saturday? I am thinking after Cochran we can continue to Highway 177 then up to Superior for lunch. Lets say meet at the Queen Creek Cafe at 9:00
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #684
WJP4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
I'm in for it.
WJP4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #685
750Volts! OP
India or bust!

I sat here this evening thinking about some of the events that have transpired recently. I am pretty unhappy with many things around me. When my family moved here from Chicago in 1977 we had never owned our own house. I had always had breathing problems and my Dad back problems so AZ solved all three of these issues. No snow in the valley, a new house was $30k at the time (Chicago suburbs were $150k), and the air quality was awesome here. As a side benefit there was all of this wide open space and untarnished land. There were places to go and things to see that were cheap or free to do everywhere. There were ghost town all over, mines, and just all sorts of remnants of what once was that were just left in pristine condition. I joined the Army and lived in Europe for several years. I met my wife and told her all about Arizona. She was scared but excited to come here. I brought her and my 2 year old son here to a place that had drastically changed since I had left. As time marches forward I regret that move more and more. All of the great places have been damaged or even destroyed. The open places are being closed daily. Heck we had more entertainment when the valley had 1/10 of its population. We had Legend City, Compton terrace, Beeline then Firebird (Closing very soon BTW), we could go to the salt river and actually ride around the rec areas.I know I am ranting but there are so many more things it is crazy. WTF is going on? Why do they have to try to make this California? The gangs, the crappy fees for everything, the business attitude that if we can't make millions close it. Then on top of all that you can't buy jack in this place. Walk into a store and try to buy something you want. Good luck. "We can order that." is the standard answer. So we send all of our money somewhere else because we can't buy what we want here.
So, what can we do about it? I have been asking this question for a long time. Do you guys actually like it like this? or what can we do about it?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #686
BBGS
East Coaster

Oddometer: 86
Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
I sat here this evening thinking about some of the events that have transpired recently. I am pretty unhappy with many things around me. When my family moved here from Chicago in 1977 we had never owned our own house. I had always had breathing problems and my Dad back problems so AZ solved all three of these issues. No snow in the valley, a new house was $30k at the time (Chicago suburbs were $150k), and the air quality was awesome here. As a side benefit there was all of this wide open space and untarnished land. There were places to go and things to see that were cheap or free to do everywhere. There were ghost town all over, mines, and just all sorts of remnants of what once was that were just left in pristine condition. I joined the Army and lived in Europe for several years. I met my wife and told her all about Arizona. She was scared but excited to come here. I brought her and my 2 year old son here to a place that had drastically changed since I had left. As time marches forward I regret that move more and more. All of the great places have been damaged or even destroyed. The open places are being closed daily. Heck we had more entertainment when the valley had 1/10 of its population. We had Legend City, Compton terrace, Beeline then Firebird (Closing very soon BTW), we could go to the salt river and actually ride around the rec areas.I know I am ranting but there are so many more things it is crazy. WTF is going on? Why do they have to try to make this California? The gangs, the crappy fees for everything, the business attitude that if we can't make millions close it. Then on top of all that you can't buy jack in this place. Walk into a store and try to buy something you want. Good luck. "We can order that." is the standard answer. So we send all of our money somewhere else because we can't buy what we want here.
So, what can we do about it? I have been asking this question for a long time. Do you guys actually like it like this? or what can we do about it?
Let's get breakfast Friday,Saturday or Sunday . Pre dinner hour would work too . Like to discuss your comments.
Thanks
Castle Rock, CO
BBGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #687
750Volts! OP
India or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBGS View Post
Let's get breakfast Friday,Saturday or Sunday . Pre dinner hour would work too . Like to discuss your comments.
Thanks
Any chance you would like to come ride on Saturday morning with us? Or you can just meet us for breakfast. We will be at CORRECTION {Queen Creek Cafe at 0900 am } CORRECTION for breakfast then riding to Cochran, AZ that is the ghost town just north of the Florence-Kelvin Highway. Yeah that's right my doctor said I can ride! One of the advantages of having one of the leading Heart Electricians in the world is that he knows his shiz. -Paul

750Volts! screwed with this post 02-13-2013 at 08:06 PM
Old 02-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #688
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,091
Ok!

That's a good thing methinks, huh Paul ?

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:24 PM   #689
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
With this rant it sounds like you are not happy with life in general. A good long bike ride usually will fix this.

refokus screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 06:03 PM
refokus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #690
750Volts! OP
India or bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by refokus View Post
With this rant it sounds like you are not happy with life in general. A good long bike ride usually will fix this.
Brad, I am okay with life. I am just really sick of all of the bad things that the excess population has brought us. I guess I shouldn't rant about it, but sometimes writing is like therapy. I wish I could turn back the hands of time. I mean the grass is always greener etc, but this valley has taken a giant turd since the population boom. Just my stupid opinion.