ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #736
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Oddometer: 24,393
I was going to go ride up at lake pleasant with Eddy but he cancelled. I'm up for a ride on Sunday. You guys interested in checking out Bulldog Canyon? I haven't been in a while. It's moderate to tough riding in some spots but not too much. I did it on a DR650 last time.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #737
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
I had a blast last weekend and the next ride sounds like fun too. I'm down for the 2nd.

So, are any of you interested in a once or twice a month evening get together? My old CA group used to do this and between the beer, food, ride planning and tall tales it was a damn good time and a great way to meet people with common interests.

We also had tech days that covered various topics from maintenance to upgrades and farkles. I taught at some and learned a lot at others.

Whatcha all think
I'd be interested in something like this. Of course my garage is always open for anyone to tool around. I may not have the best tools but I've got ductape, a hammer and a screwdriver. What could possibly go wrong?
Old 02-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #738
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Oddometer: 593
JayHawk,

Great idea on the tech days and would definitely be in. I will be ready for a new rear tire soon.

Cyberdos,

I would love to ride some single track but will need another week before I am released for heavy lifting and if I am riding single track I know there will be lots of picking up the DR.

Hopefully someone will take you up on the offer for Sunday and let me know if you wouldn't mind showing this noob some trails in the future.

Looking forward to next Saturday

Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #739
James5150
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
I was going to go ride up at lake pleasant with Eddy but he cancelled. I'm up for a ride on Sunday. You guys interested in checking out Bulldog Canyon? I haven't been in a while. It's moderate to tough riding in some spots but not too much. I did it on a DR650 last time.
I'm always up for a place I have never been. I will check with the klr crew if they up to it.
James5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #740
James5150
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
No one is up for bulldog. Too tough I guess and seem to think you need a land permit and ohv sticker.
James5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #741
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by James5150 View Post
No one is up for bulldog. Too tough I guess and seem to think you need a land permit and ohv sticker.
You need a permit to enter the area which can be acquired by visiting Tonto National Forest website. You also do need an OHV sticker. You guys don't have OHV stickers?

It's a little tough at spots but I did it on my DR650 a bunch of times.

I was invited to do some riding at Rolls so I'll be headed that way. Gotta shake the rust off since I haven't done any real riding in a while.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #742
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:

I was invited to do some riding at Rolls so I'll be headed that way. Gotta shake the rust off since I haven't done any real riding in a while.
You and me both! I haven't really ridden since the H@M event in payson!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #743
azredline
Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
Quote:
You need a permit to enter the area which can be acquired by visiting Tonto National Forest website. You also do need an OHV sticker. You guys don't have OHV stickers?

It's a little tough at spots but I did it on my DR650 a bunch of times.

We'll have to put together that Bulldog ride Cyberdos. I have never been there and would like to check it out. I think we talked about that before, but I still haven't been out there.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:59 AM   #744
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

Oddometer: 442
Just an FYI I am starting to plan next years big trip. This year we are going to Spain. Next year Moscow. Here are some highlights from our tour guide:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiWD0ipmNrs
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #745
seabee1
we build, we fight

man, what a fun ride out at the rolls ohv area. i didn't think i'd ever say that, as it's not really my style to ride around in a caged in area. but we found an old mining road that's not part of the trail system and took it to its terminus just below four peaks. it was just so unrelenting and sustained!

azredline and cyberdos promised to start a ride report, so i'll link it here once it starts.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Old 02-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #746
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

Rolls is the area before you get to 4 peaks right? If it is I have never ridden around in it too much just up to 4 peaks, so let's hear how it was. Was the place crazy crawling with people? Do tell.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #747
seabee1
we build, we fight

Yes, that's the place. It's between the four peaks road and saguaro lake, and bush hwy and the four peaks wilderness boundary (which we found several times today).

There were a lot of people close to the four peaks road area, but when we started on the nasty stuff, we only saw one other four wheeler and a couple of hunters out looking for javelina. And it snowed on us! It never got over 51 degrees, but I was sweating.

It was a tough ride, but not nightstalker bring a rope kind of tough.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Old 02-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #748
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!

Thanks Seabee. I rode through a small part once trying to find an alternative route up 4 peaks. It was over 100 degrees and after I dropped the KLR in the deep sand twice we gave up. It was back when they had 4 peaks closed for a fire. In any case if the whole area back there is that deep sand crap then you guys are some serious studs!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #749
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
Thanks Seabee. I rode through a small part once trying to find an alternative route up 4 peaks. It was over 100 degrees and after I dropped the KLR in the deep sand twice we gave up. It was back when they had 4 peaks closed for a fire. In any case if the whole area back there is that deep sand crap then you guys are some serious studs!
Sandy it was not!

I'm not gonna start the report tonight so if azredline beats me to it I'll just add to his. Spectacular day out there. This is just the type of ride that I love. Exploration, challenging, beautiful scenery, perfect temps and like minded riders. This is what it's all about. Thanks fellas for a terrific day.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #750
NomorBills
WesternExplorer

Oddometer: 144
That sounds like Soldier trail. Very rocky with a moderate steep guarding the begining of the trail.

Not Big Bike Area. I need to get another small bike. I miss this type of riding.
NomorBills is offline   Reply With Quote