ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #1066
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 1,832
Reg and ohv

You need reg to ride on the roads for any distance and ohv for the areas that require ohv. If you only have reg and get caught in ohv area then you will get ticketed.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #1067
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJP4 View Post
This is SO confusing I just went to D.M.V. and got both stickers. I also grabbed an AZ freedom and Fallen officers tag. One F.O.P. Badge Two P.A.L. stickers and an ADV decal. I also purchased both Geico And progressive Insurance.
Hey Bill are we riding tomorrow where can we meet in Miami. I haven't had the 2 fitie out for a 300 mile run since Monday. Wade.

Hey Wade glad you can make it
How does Junior's Restaurant Mexican on
700 Live Oak Street
Miami, AZ 85539

Say

9:15-9:30
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #1068
WJP4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
I'll find it see ya there.
WJP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #1069
750Volts! OP
Banned

Oddometer: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
You need reg to ride on the roads for any distance and ohv for the areas that require ohv. If you only have reg and get caught in ohv area then you will get ticketed.
Unless said vehicle was manufactured for On Highway use and has standard motorcycle plates.

The exception to this is if you are recreating in State Trust Land then you need a State Trust Recreation permit no matter what vehicle you are in. The OHV tag gives you permission to ride through the State Trust land but not recreate in it.

The other exception is if the vehicle was originally manufactured for off -road use and weighs more than 1800 lbs. Then you still don't need an OHV tag.

I am no expert on the subject I just read the docs provided by the man that runs the program.
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #1070
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
oh wait a second. It's snailrider! He's a JoMomma aspiring legend!

yeah that guy's a tool. Must resist posting in that thread.

I'm glad he learned how to post a pic. Good for him.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:28 PM   #1071
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Thanks for the help.

Appreciate you getting that straight. I have three bikes right now and due to the emissions required I haven't paid reg or ohv for over a year on any. When the emissions requirements end on the 21st (if they do) then I will get them registered and not worry about the ohv since none require it if I am reading your post correct. Cheers

Oh by the way do I need ohv to ride on State Trust Land as one of the guys said earlier? I do that alot and if thats all I need then I would get it on one of the bikes to cover that.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #1072
Canyonlandman
Stop, drop, and roll

Oddometer: 13
thanks for the info AZstate and 750 volts.
Canyonlandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #1073
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZstateParksOHV View Post
If you are recreating on state trust land (riding trails rather than simply crossing to access Blm or Fs) on a street legal dual sport, grab a Asld rec permit and you should be good. Realize that street registration + Ohv decal = 29.50 to fully register you bike. Might be cheaper going that route and you will be supporting my Ohv program. Either option should keep you legit.
OK cool. Thanks
Old 06-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #1074
WJP4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Pinal Peak

Hey Guys, Good to see ya's today although short lived. Hope you guys had a good rest of day. Wade.
WJP4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #1075
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death

Oddometer: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJP4 View Post
Hey Guys, Good to see ya's today although short lived. Hope you guys had a good rest of day. Wade.

Wade,

Agreed, it was good to see you and everyone else. The rest of the ride was good but I did think it would be a bit cooler at the top.
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #1076
campbell3736
n00b

Oddometer: 5
New to ADVrider and East of Phoenix Riders Group

New to ADVrider I just watched a YouTube with a group from here that did the Sheeps crossing run and it sparked my interest on this group.

Is this a Blood in Blood out deal or ?

I have been riding with the KLR650.net guys as well as AARG for about 2 years now along with a lot of my own east valley box canyon and beyond rides. starting to spread my wings a little to the west and would love some more guys to ride with.

I am looking to do the Sheep's Crossing run in a couple weeks trying to figure out dates now. I am pretty sure I am doing it in Reverse of the video I saw tonight Start point at Horseshoe turn off Ending at Bloody Basin and I-17. If anyone has any interest let me know.

Happy and safe riding

08 Grn KLR650 HT Panniers, Studebaker pipe, HT Protection, Moose Pegs, ROX Anti-Vibe Risers, Always under construction.
campbell3736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #1077
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise

Oddometer: 396
Sheeps Bridge

I am planning on riding up to sheep's bridge with a friend on June 29th.

I live in East Mesa, so it is a trek for me to get out to Cave Creek too. Let me know if you want to join up.

My buddy is an advanced rider and I am a total noob, so we will be riding slow and taking a bunch of pictures.

Aaron
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #1078
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,428
I'm thinking that with a klr and a noob the short uphill at the bridge is going to be challenging going that direction. Very doable, but challenging. Take lots of pictures to share and have a blast!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #1079
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise

Oddometer: 396
I heard that the hard stuff was after the bridge, so I be coming from a different direction? This will be my first time out there, but I guess if anything looks too crazy I can always turn around and head back.
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #1080
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,428
To me, the hardest spot on that ride is the little rocky slope on the east side of the bridge. If you do the loop clockwise, it's a downhill slope. We usually stage at wildcat and ride down seven springs road and turn right onto bloody basin. It's a fun run, with a lot of off shoots you can do.

The slope isn't that hard to do, just intimidating when you're new to the sport.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote