ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2010, 08:54 AM   #106
NomorBills
WesternExplorer

Oddometer: 150
jan 27 thru This "un-rally" has become a sort of tradition amongst regional adventure and dual sport riders. There is no organization, no rally master, no meals, meetings, or raffles. In fact, this sort of thing would sort of be against park service rules, so the fact that a bunch of dual sports show up the same weekend is actually a "coincidence". Get my drift?
http://www.meetup.com/ADVENTURERIDER...ndar/15176327/
NomorBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #107
fly-n-ride
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Was in Death Valley last March and then again May. January sounds like a good time to go again.
fly-n-ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:25 PM   #108
NomorBills
WesternExplorer

I have a site reserved at Furnace Creek and plan to take my toyhauler as I expect it will be cold.
I am looking for someone or poss 2 to help with fuel. Sleeps 3 very well and can get 3 or 4 bikes in.

Think I will take the KLR.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #109
azweasie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Laugh

i got the job!!! im not starting till after the new year sometme .ill be in the valley on sundays and mondays because my ol'lady cant move for at least a year. so ill be down for some weekend rides .
azweasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:08 AM   #110
NomorBills
WesternExplorer

Congratulations on the job. I like Flag alot but too cold for me in the winter. I will come up and ride with you after the thaw.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #111
NomorBills
WesternExplorer

Thursday-home Monday
Old 12-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #112
NomorBills
WesternExplorer

Your in!
Old 12-28-2010, 12:50 AM   #113
bent forks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
is nobody riding east of Phoenix
bent forks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #114
azweasie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by bent forks View Post
is nobody riding east of Phoenix
somebody round here tried to organize the east vally but nobodys schedules mesh too well . so its best to post up where and when your going , most likely somebody will join you
azweasie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #115
NomorBills
WesternExplorer

Bentforks, What do you ride and what type riding do you do?

I did the easyway to CrownKing a few weekends ago with some east, north & west siders.

Most of the east guys where big bike but some have small as well. I sold my KLR and picked up an older 300 smoker that is in pieces till next week. The V-Strom is ready to go so I am willing to do something this Sat or Sun.

There is a big bike friendly but challenging ride on the west side to Painted Desert Dam. I haven't decided if I want to do it yet. All depends on the weather. The Vee don't like mud.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:29 AM   #116
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E

Oddometer: 2,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomorBills View Post
Bentforks, What do you ride and what type riding do you do?

I did the easyway to CrownKing a few weekends ago with some east, north & west siders.

Most of the east guys where big bike but some have small as well. I sold my KLR and picked up an older 300 smoker that is in pieces till next week. The V-Strom is ready to go so I am willing to do something this Sat or Sun.

There is a big bike friendly but challenging ride on the west side to Painted Desert Dam. I haven't decided if I want to do it yet. All depends on the weather. The Vee don't like mud.
Neither does my 990, but he is all better now!

Come on out and ride with us, it will be big FUN!!

Take care Everyone!
BIG-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #117
DADODIRT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,419
I'm heading for some sun next week.
Looking for a place to leave a truck/trailer near Globe and tour for 5 days on the GS.
TIA
Old 02-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #118
azgsgirl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Meet?

Another week comes and goes, and I'd like to go riding dirt on Saturday morning (well, maybe not tomorrow as it's supposed to rain). I mean, motorbike dirt, not mountain biking as I have lately. The trouble is, I never know what I really want to do until the last minute. On Saturday mornings I wake up and want to ride my dirt bike, but haven't planned a meet-up.

I was wondering if anyone else out there is like me, kind of spontaneous and not able to plan more than five minutes ahead of time, but still want to find people to ride with once in a while. I like moderately technical riding, but want to improve my skills. I do not ride fast. I have a small but street-legal Yamaha dirt bike (225).

I was thinking maybe if a group of us from the East Valley met up for coffee or something, exchanged info., talked a little so we could see if any of us were compatible riders, etc. I know some of you have been trying to set up a meeting, maybe we could do that sometime? I've been watching this thread and hoping there would be a post about that.

Just an idea. Thanks for listening.

- Jo
Old 02-19-2011, 06:05 AM   #119
NomorBills
WesternExplorer

There are many days that I find I have the time but no plans. Like this weekend. If the rain is gone by tommarrow I am up to going somewhere. I only have the Vee now as the 300 is not for street.

Lets meet at Dunkin Donuts on Arizona & Warner 8AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #120
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by azgsgirl View Post
Another week comes and goes, and I'd like to go riding dirt on Saturday morning (well, maybe not tomorrow as it's supposed to rain). I mean, motorbike dirt, not mountain biking as I have lately. The trouble is, I never know what I really want to do until the last minute. On Saturday mornings I wake up and want to ride my dirt bike, but haven't planned a meet-up.

I was wondering if anyone else out there is like me, kind of spontaneous and not able to plan more than five minutes ahead of time, but still want to find people to ride with once in a while. I like moderately technical riding, but want to improve my skills. I do not ride fast. I have a small but street-legal Yamaha dirt bike (225).

I was thinking maybe if a group of us from the East Valley met up for coffee or something, exchanged info., talked a little so we could see if any of us were compatible riders, etc. I know some of you have been trying to set up a meeting, maybe we could do that sometime? I've been watching this thread and hoping there would be a post about that.

Just an idea. Thanks for listening.

- Jo
i think that farmhouse you had us meet at that one time would be perfect for this, jo. coffee, food, east side, what else do you need?!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote