ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #1216
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
For toroweap info you might want to ask eddy or Tom. They travel that area often.

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:20 AM   #1217
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,079
Hey Paul I can get you to Cameron & 89 & maybe up to the Gap, but have not been off road over to the North Rim or Toroweap?
AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #1218
CrownRoyal
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
600 mile service complete on the 690. Now I just need to decide where to go exploring.

"Hold my whiskey and watch this"
CrownRoyalADV.wordpress.com
CrownRoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #1219
IBRiding
Forever Grateful

Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
Thanks Tom, I appreciate any help I can get. I guess I should get myself a map and do some prerunning too before I get a group of guys lost. The last time I did this I had some serious mutiny and someone tried to steal my bike.
Yea but we had a hell of a great night ride as well!!!!
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #1220
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Give me a shout on any prerunning would like to tag along.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #1221
MrGoldfish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
Ok, so how is 10:00?
10 AM works for me.

Quote:
So before I get too far ahead of myself, the weekend of the Aug 23rd. Who is interested and is this a good weekend? Bill does that weekend work? About what time do you think you can head out Friday afternoon/evening? If I know our timetable I can plan the route with more or less dirt. Since I don't know jack about Toroweap anyone been there? Is it off road noob friendly?
Were you thinking that you would leave after work on Friday? Say somewhere between 5 and 6 PM? What's the plan for getting back? Slab it all the way back into Phoenix on Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
You're welcome! It's a good location, and doesn't really get used much on the weekends. About the brewskis - there's almost always some room in the fridge, and its 5 o'clock somewhere! Unless we go early in the morning, then I'll bring baileys!

I'm a go for August 17 at whatever time works out for you. A big thanks to you for doing this!

And I'm looking forward to meeting all these folks I haven't met before, too.
Well, I suppose I could bring some brews and let the others decide if they want one or not. I've been meaning to meet some other desert adventure rats around here for a while so this will be fun to finally shake a few hands. It's on the calendar.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #1222
cyberdos
Easy Bonus Loop

Oddometer: 27,508
10 is fine for me too.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #1223
Dirtbiker78
Getting there...

Oddometer: 164
Torroweep

Hi Guys,

I'll be getting home in the second week of August and I'd love to come along on the Torroweep ride (if the route's big bike acceptable). My S10 was just delivered, farkles are in the garage waiting to be put on and I'm now just killing time till I get home (Gilbert).

I don't know the area at all cause I haven't been there much and it'd be great to get out and explore a little with you all, if you don't mind me tagging along. I'm no stranger to dirt, but never had a dirt bike this big before so it should make for some fun photo opportunities

Last thing, my fiance (who also rides) says she'll be willing drive a support truck (Dodge RAM with/ with out a trailer depending on interest) up for us if anyone wants to load a tent or dry clothes and beer etc, as a noob she's not quite confident enough to ride the whole route up by bike just yet but would love to come along, and the support truck role would suit perfectly.

Dirtbiker78 screwed with this post 07-16-2013 at 12:34 PM
Dirtbiker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #1224
Fishnbait
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
Terry's site is an incredible resource.

Not only does he have all his tracks with the ride reports but the tracks are graded by difficulty. Although I've seen that his grading system as been skewed over the years. Specially after he got the 450X.

Wow! Terry's site is an awesome resource. Now if I can get the tracks to my gps I would be set.

Aug 17 at 10am is looking good for me also. Show me how to pull tracks off of NSrides site and I think I got everything I need.
Fishnbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #1225
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise

Oddometer: 819
Watch Terry's youtube video on his site. He walks you step by step on how to upload his tracks to your gps.
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #1226
JayHawk
Grandpa to 3

Oddometer: 136
Willing to have a CA dude along Paul? The bike's still AZ plated.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #1227
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
AZ Tom, I am thinking about this weekend mapping out the part from Clint's well to Flag. I would try to make the Flag to as far north as possible the first weekend in Aug. Would that weekend work for you?

Dirtbiker78 we would be happy to have you all along. I will try to get more solid details asap.
Can't do the first weekend in Aug. or the second but the 17th, 18th or any after that will work.

If you go this coming weekend for the Clint's Well to Flag part be prepared for major mud Ride safe.

AZ TOM screwed with this post 07-16-2013 at 04:10 PM
Old 07-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #1228
NomorBills
WesternExplorer

Oddometer: 153
Paul, there is ways to get from Clint Wells to Cameron by all offroad ( Around Long Lake to the Crater, or up to Kinibec then thru the Buffalo Range and under I40 across Indian Land to Great Falls) http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2881709 ,,,but from there you will have to hit the blacktop. There may be a route from just west of Marble Canyon to the North rim but I don't know about the climb into the forest.

I would just plan on a lot of blacktop if you want to get there in less than a week.
I see a long day to get to Clint Wells then another day to Cameron and slab to Marble Canyon. Then on to Toroweep on day 3.

From North rim there is dirt to Fredonia then you pickup dirt just a few miles west that takes you to Toroweep. I believe it is about 60-80 miles in to Toroweep so double+ that for fuel.

Are you going to exit out to St George? Then back around to the west. Go around Lake Mead and back around to South Rim.?

I have many ways to get there.

NomorBills screwed with this post 07-16-2013 at 03:59 PM
NomorBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #1229
MrGoldfish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomorBills View Post
Paul, there is ways to get from Clint Wells to Cameron by all offroad ( Around Long Lake to the Crater, or up to Kinibec then thru the Buffalo Range and under I40 across Indian Land to Great Falls) but from there you will have to hit the blacktop. There may be a route from just west of Marble Canyon to the North rim but I don't know about the climb into the forest.

I would just plan on a lot of blacktop if you want to get there in less than a week.
I see a long day to get to Clint Wells then another day to Cameron and slab to Marble Canyon. Then on to Toroweep on day 3.

From North rim there is dirt to Fredonia then you pickup dirt just a few miles west that takes you to Toroweep. I believe it is about 60-80 miles in to Toroweep so double+ that for fuel.

Are you going to exit out to St George? Then back around to the west. Go around Lake Mead and back around to South Rim.?

I have many ways to get there.
This sounds like more than a 3 day ride if we are leaving from Phoenix.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #1230
Dirtbiker78
Getting there...

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbiker78 View Post
Hi Guys,

I'll be getting home in the second week of August and I'd love to come along on the Torroweep ride (if the route's big bike acceptable). My S10 was just delivered, farkles are in the garage waiting to be put on and I'm now just killing time till I get home (Gilbert).

I don't know the area at all cause I haven't been there much and it'd be great to get out and explore a little with you all, if you don't mind me tagging along. I'm no stranger to dirt, but never had a dirt bike this big before so it should make for some fun photo opportunities

Last thing, my fiance (who also rides) says she'll be willing drive a support truck (Dodge RAM with/ with out a trailer depending on interest) up for us if anyone wants to load a tent or dry clothes and beer etc, as a noob she's not quite confident enough to ride the whole route up by bike just yet but would love to come along, and the support truck role would suit perfectly.

If the above is a problem, or the routes aren't "BIG bike friendly" the offer of the support truck still stands if you guys are interested, just let me know.