ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #1366
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Prescott AZ
Oddometer: 3,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by James5150 View Post
Are you guys planning to camp or hotel or both for the Toroweep trip?
My camping consists of Motel 6
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #1367
refokus
Just Learning
 
refokus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: North Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
My camping consists of Motel 6
Credit card camping is good too.......
__________________
"Single Trac is like Scotch, you have to aquire a taste for it!"
refokus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #1368
NomorBills
WesternExplorer
 
NomorBills's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 138
Tuesday at 6 sounds good. Hope I remember.
Last I know there are no Motels at Toroweep.
St George or Fredonia. 80 dirt miles from Toro
NomorBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:51 PM   #1369
Steezeman
Adventurer
 
Steezeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Oddometer: 40
I was going to ask you guys about the legality of riding along canals since it's more interesting than taking surface streets, but I just read that I'm not allowed to. But I mean, there aren't any gates so how much trouble could I really get in?
Steezeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #1370
seabee1
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
There may not be gates on all of them, but check for signs. They usually allow joggers and dog walkers but no motorized traffic.
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #1371
Steezeman
Adventurer
 
Steezeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Oddometer: 40
I definitely saw some people on the other side at one point, roosting them at 40 might have given them a slight shock.
Steezeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #1372
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!
 
750Volts!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steezeman View Post
I definitely saw some people on the other side at one point, roosting them at 40 might have given them a slight shock.
I see the headlines. Speeding motorcyclist tazed by old lady walking her dog on the canal.
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #1373
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!
 
750Volts!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 442
Trip update for Aug 23rd. Here is a preliminary map. Keep in mind it is just a general idea and on Tuesday we will work on details/planning. I want the majority of the people going to be able to enjoy themselves and not to be a one man show.
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=207906155336382848190.0004e2097305bf1bd3184
(The entire route there is about 14 hours under ideal conditions)

I rented a cabin that holds 6 people at Jacob's lake. I did this because it looks like most of the cabins anywhere up there are filling up and I can cancel up to 48hours in advance.
I am guessing that if there is a heavy amount of mud that we will devise and alternative plan. I am guessing that Friday night we will stay in either Winslow or Flag.
Alternatively, those that live further north could join up with us on Saturday morning. This might make it easier too for those that can't get Friday off, they could run up on the highway Friday evening and meet up as well.

I think flexibility will help make it fun for more people. See all of you that would like to meet and plan the trip or just have a cup of coffee with us.
Tuesday 7/23 at 6pm @ Coffee Rush SE corner of Gilbert and Baseline.
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #1374
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 573
Tuesday

Paul,


Thanks for the map and I will see you and everyone else that shows up on Tuesday.


Bill
IBRiding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #1375
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrGoldfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 482
I'm getting a blank map when I click on the link. Fix please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
Trip update for Aug 23rd. Here is a preliminary map. Keep in mind it is just a general idea and on Tuesday we will work on details/planning. I want the majority of the people going to be able to enjoy themselves and not to be a one man show.
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=207906155336382848190.0004e2097305bf1bd3184
(The entire route there is about 14 hours under ideal conditions)

I rented a cabin that holds 6 people at Jacob's lake. I did this because it looks like most of the cabins anywhere up there are filling up and I can cancel up to 48hours in advance.
I am guessing that if there is a heavy amount of mud that we will devise and alternative plan. I am guessing that Friday night we will stay in either Winslow or Flag.
Alternatively, those that live further north could join up with us on Saturday morning. This might make it easier too for those that can't get Friday off, they could run up on the highway Friday evening and meet up as well.

I think flexibility will help make it fun for more people. See all of you that would like to meet and plan the trip or just have a cup of coffee with us.
Tuesday 7/23 at 6pm @ Coffee Rush SE corner of Gilbert and Baseline.
__________________
Currently Owned: 2008 KLR 650
Previously Owned: 1998 Honda XR100; 2001 Honda XR250
2013 RR: Phoenix to Santa Fe & Back! – July 4th Weekend Adventure
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #1376
Steezeman
Adventurer
 
Steezeman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Oddometer: 40
^ Samesies.

Potentially doing a possible trade with this for my SV650, is this any of you?
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/3944493469.html
Steezeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #1377
NomorBills
WesternExplorer
 
NomorBills's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 138
I had to copy and paste it into my address Bar, no google map address bar.

That is a very big bike doable route. Still not sure about your time est. It will be a long day, but probable can be done.
That is one day to Jacob lake then another to Toroweep and back in day 2???
NomorBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #1378
cyberdos
True Story Bro
 
cyberdos's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Queen Creek, AZ
Oddometer: 23,573
ya'll suck at them there maps. somebody should teachins you guys.

__________________
...
Presione dos para espaρol.
cyberdos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #1379
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrGoldfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomorBills View Post
I had to copy and paste it into my address Bar, no google map address bar.

That is a very big bike doable route. Still not sure about your time est. It will be a long day, but probable can be done.
That is one day to Jacob lake then another to Toroweep and back in day 2???
Thanks for the pointer. I got the map to work. I think he wants this to be a three day ride (Friday through Sunday)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
ya'll suck at them there maps. somebody should teachins you guys.

Ya you better hide.
__________________
Currently Owned: 2008 KLR 650
Previously Owned: 1998 Honda XR100; 2001 Honda XR250
2013 RR: Phoenix to Santa Fe & Back! – July 4th Weekend Adventure
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #1380
seabee1
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdos View Post
ya'll suck at them there maps. somebody should teachins you guys.

I agree! you should do something about this.
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014