ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #1411
Dirtbiker78
Getting there...
 
Dirtbiker78's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 162
Anybody up for a ride?

Hi Guys,

I just arrived in Arizona, I'm in Gilbert. I want to head out to Roosevelt lake on Thursday for a bit of riding, with fishing and camping (off the bike) later in the day. Would anyone like to come along? I don't know the area very well at all but I'm looking forward to getting out and seeing some of it.



Brian
__________________
It seemed like a good idea at the time
Camping without weed is just pretending to be homeless
Shit happens when you party naked
Dirtbiker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #1412
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!
 
750Volts!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 442
Okay, so here is the plan as it stands at the moment:
Ride Friday 23 August, 2013 From Mesa (Meeting place TBD)
Kick stands up at 0800.
Take US 87 to Brunch in Payson.
Ride US 260 west then Lake Mary Rd north to Snack in Flagstaff.
US 89 North the US 89A west to Dinner at Jacob Lake and cabin.

Saturday Aug 24th
Kickstands up at 0900 ride to Toroweap.
Round trip distance is 222 miles about 60% off-road.
(You will need fuel to go 140 miles since Pipe Spring Nat'l Monument is the closest fuel. )
We will stay in the same cabin in Jacob Lake again this evening.

Sunday Aug 25th
Ride home at your own pace, or ride with us slowpokes. Choice is yours.

I have reservations and accommodations in a 6 person cabin. I am sure that there are more rooms available if you don't like snoring.

Confiirmed going:
Paul (750volts!)
Bill (IBRiding)
Loren(AZTinBender)
DirtBiker78 (Brian)

750Volts! screwed with this post 08-07-2013 at 01:07 PM
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #1413
CrownRoyal
Gnarly Adventurer
 
CrownRoyal's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Mesa,AZ
Oddometer: 136
We have got another day of nice weather. Perfect riding weather. Im gonna jump in the shower and then get my bike ready. Give me a call in you are interested in joining me. 623-330-0417
__________________
08 Aprilia Tuono 1000 R
13 KTM 690 Enduro R
Mesa, Arizona
"Hold my whiskey and watch this"
CrownRoyalADV.wordpress.com
CrownRoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #1414
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrGoldfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 481
What's the cost for the cabin? I'd like to go on this ride, however I have to see if I can get the time off of work. Right now it doesn't look like there is anything at home I have to do so this might work out for me. If I can't join you for the Friday ride up, maybe I can buzz up there late after work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
Okay, so here is the plan as it stands at the moment:
Ride Friday 23 August, 2013 From Mesa (Meeting place TBD)
Kick stands up at 0800.
Take US 87 to Brunch in Payson.
Ride US 260 west then Lake Mary Rd north to Snack in Flagstaff.
US 89 North the US 89A west to Dinner at Jacob Lake and cabin.

Saturday Aug 24th
Kickstands up at 0900 ride to Toroweap.
Round trip distance is 222 miles about 60% off-road.
(You will need fuel to go 140 miles since Pipe Spring Nat'l Monument is the closest fuel. )
We will stay in the same cabin in Jacob Lake again this evening.

Sunday Aug 25th
Ride home at your own pace, or ride with us slowpokes. Choice is yours.

I have reservations and accommodations in a 6 person cabin. I am sure that there are more rooms available if you don't like snoring.

Confiirmed going:
Paul (750volts!)
Bill (IBRiding)
Loren(AZTinBender)
__________________
Currently Owned: 2008 KLR 650
Previously Owned: 1998 Honda XR100; 2001 Honda XR250
2013 RR: Phoenix to Santa Fe & Back! July 4th Weekend Adventure
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #1415
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise
 
fanatic291's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Mesa, by Usery
Oddometer: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbiker78 View Post
Hi Guys,

I just arrived in Arizona, I'm in Gilbert. I want to head out to Roosevelt lake on Thursday for a bit of riding, with fishing and camping (off the bike) later in the day. Would anyone like to come along? I don't know the area very well at all but I'm looking forward to getting out and seeing some of it.



Brian
Welcome to AZ. I just started riding, but have done the trip out to Roosevelt twice. Apache Trail is really fun and you can make a loop with 4 peaks road. I will let you know the next time I can get out riding. I might ride early saturday at Bulldog or Rolls. I want to practice on some of the rocky hills.
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #1416
750Volts! OP
The M0ds here suck!
 
750Volts!'s Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoldfish View Post
What's the cost for the cabin?
It was like 135 per night, but I already paid for it and it is the same price for 1 or 6 people. I think buzzing up after work would be a long night but we would be happy to have you along, -Paul
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #1417
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrGoldfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Chandler, AZ
Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by 750Volts! View Post
It was like 135 per night, but I already paid for it and it is the same price for 1 or 6 people. I think buzzing up after work would be a long night but we would be happy to have you along, -Paul
Yeah I wouldn't want to go up after work, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get out of the office and out on the trail with some buddies.
__________________
Currently Owned: 2008 KLR 650
Previously Owned: 1998 Honda XR100; 2001 Honda XR250
2013 RR: Phoenix to Santa Fe & Back! July 4th Weekend Adventure
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #1418
seabee1
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
10 day countdown for the GPS class. Don't forget to bring a laptop if you've got one.
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #1419
IBRiding
Blue Sky Black Death
 
IBRiding's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Queen Creek Az
Oddometer: 574
Looking forward to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
10 day countdown for the GPS class. Don't forget to bring a laptop if you've got one.

Could you please post the location and time again?


Thanks
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #1420
seabee1
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
306 south river drive, Tempe. Just south of rio salado pkwy and on the west side of river dr. 10:00

I'm really looking forward to learning how to use this thing!

Oh, and bring your gps AND the cord!
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #1421
Dirtbiker78
Getting there...
 
Dirtbiker78's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 162
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownRoyal View Post
We have got another day of nice weather. Perfect riding weather. Im gonna jump in the shower and then get my bike ready. Give me a call in you are interested in joining me. 623-330-0417
Thanks for being my "tour guide" and letting me tag along, I had a great time.

Brian
__________________
It seemed like a good idea at the time
Camping without weed is just pretending to be homeless
Shit happens when you party naked
Dirtbiker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #1422
seabee1
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbiker78 View Post
Thanks for being my "tour guide" and letting me tag along, I had a great time.

Brian
Where'd ya go?
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #1423
Dirtbiker78
Getting there...
 
Dirtbiker78's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
Where'd ya go?
We went over four peaks and then down the other side of the lake as well, CrownRoyal said he'd post a map for me cause most of the time I was pretty lost (I don't know the area) and coming from the Southern Hemisphere it's tough to keep track of were's north cause I'm completely turned around (the sun's always on the wrong side here. LOL) .
I had a good time though and put my bike through her first semi serious dirt roads and was very impressed with the way the Super Tenere handled. She let me know she's a big girl in some of the tighter turns but she got home with the shiny side unscratched so that's pretty cool too

Brian
__________________
It seemed like a good idea at the time
Camping without weed is just pretending to be homeless
Shit happens when you party naked
Dirtbiker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #1424
CrownRoyal
Gnarly Adventurer
 
CrownRoyal's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Mesa,AZ
Oddometer: 136
Heres the link to the map.

https://www.google.com/maps?saddr=po...&via=1&t=m&z=9




View Larger Map
__________________
08 Aprilia Tuono 1000 R
13 KTM 690 Enduro R
Mesa, Arizona
"Hold my whiskey and watch this"
CrownRoyalADV.wordpress.com
CrownRoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #1425
fanatic291
Desert Tortoise
 
fanatic291's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Mesa, by Usery
Oddometer: 547
I really want to ride A cross road. Cyberdos told me it is a lot of fun. Did you have a big water crossing after 4 peaks road?
fanatic291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014