Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2004, 08:07 PM   #16
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy
Yeah, I have the temp guage and the Plastic frame guards. The thing about the temp guage is that you cannot see it when on the bike. And if it gets loose it grinds against something in there (gears?). It only came loose the first time I used it (not tight enough). Its nice but, I find I rarely look at it but, I reckon I would use it more if I lived in colder climates instead of one where the bike is already nearly fully warmed up by ambient temps. It IS less easy to loose than the stock cap though. Frame guards are nice but, can make for increased mud magnet effect and some what less access to certain areas when they are mounted. Yeah the fuel tank quick couplers would make life Much easier. I find myself less inclined to want to remove this tank than the smaller LC4 tanks.
I just got the two thumbs down on my stinking riding gear. Mind you the gear is brand new but, just one day on this coolant smelling rig did it and the nose arrived. My woman has this incredible forensic X-ray nose that can smell even the most minute odor through walls etc... I always get informed of any offensive olfactory unpleasantness. I suspect she is part K-nine.
My anti-freeze headache is starting to subside but, will likely return tomorrow when I go riding. Any tips anyone has for removing anti-freeze and oil from the headers would be appreciated.
Some good solvent right? Napthol (zippo lighter fluid), acetone, rubbing alcohol... hopefully none of those interact with antifreeze...

wish i could help with that...

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 03:01 PM   #17
Velocibiker
Adventure Antagonist

Oddometer: 1,165
As far as those fuel line quick disconnects go....

Ya got to be kidding me!? All that holds the fuel lines on is a compression clip. Turn gas off. Close the tank valves. Slip the clips back & pull off the hoses. Geez, how hard is that??? Can't take more than a minute to do.

Anyway, I don't know if I'd trust bits of plastic that close to my hot engine with flammable liquid running through them....

I guess whatever floats your boat
Old 12-23-2004, 03:39 PM   #18
BlitzBike OP
LC4 Pilot

Oddometer: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocibiker
As far as those fuel line quick disconnects go....

Ya got to be kidding me!? All that holds the fuel lines on is a compression clip. Turn gas off. Close the tank valves. Slip the clips back & pull off the hoses. Geez, how hard is that??? Can't take more than a minute to do.

Anyway, I don't know if I'd trust bits of plastic that close to my hot engine with flammable liquid running through them....

I guess whatever floats your boat
the compression clip would work great----on a real fuel line without the silly frayed weave threads getting in the way of the whole process. I'll just switch to a diffferent fuel line but, the purpose of all that ratty thread is is beyond me when there are better heat resistant alternatives available.
Old 12-23-2004, 03:57 PM   #19
Velocibiker
Adventure Antagonist

Oddometer: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy
the compression clip would work great----on a real fuel line without the silly frayed weave threads getting in the way of the whole process. I'll just switch to a diffferent fuel line but, the purpose of all that ratty thread is is beyond me when there are better heat resistant alternatives available.
I guess I'm just lucky - or too stupid to know that there's a problem , but I've never had an issue with the OEM lines.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:11 PM   #20
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
I still have the original lemon-lime Kool-Aid in my bike... I'll have to change it one-O-these-days.

Maybe raspberry-orange... I hear the kiwi-passion fruit is tasty too.
I got the KTM Orange silica free Coolant (Penzoil?) Now I need to find clear radiator hoses so I can show the bling bling Dayglow KTM Orange Coolant/antifreeze.
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote