Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #31
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,015
Your problem is in wishing. Work at it. But it doesn't seem to me like you are much interested in it to start with. I have talked and rode with quite a few VERY good riders. I have read even more interviews of very good riders offering a lot of good advice. I have never came away from it wishing I was a real rider like they were. Of course, I never called some of their plainly seen observations bull shit either. I remember doing lap after lap on track days working on this or that advice and getting my lap times down by one tenth at a time. I don't remember ever wishing I could do this or that. Have I wished that I HADN'T done this or that but that is another story!
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #32
Cordless
Two Wheel Addict

Oddometer: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft
Do you ride with clown shoes on? Remeber that real riders usually drag their boots with their balls of their feet on the pegs and tucked in tight on the bike. They don't ride with there feet spread out like some curb feelers on a lowrider.
Hey, my size 14 boots aren't clown shoes--and I need longer pegs if the peg is going to drag first. My inseam might be 36+ inches, but I don't need a ride-off stand (heck, I can flatfoot my R1200GSA when it is up on its center stand)

I too, wish I could be a good rider like you.
Cordless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #33
crazydrummerdude
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,478
Quote:
Your problem is in wishing. Work at it. But it doesn't seem to me like you are much interested in it to start with.
For my response to this, and your future posts, see my avatar. It's me on my black R75/6 with my high gaiters and a Reynolds ride off stand, going:

crazydrummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #34
penth2o
1975 R75/6

Oddometer: 77
Thanks for the original pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerboy81
Thank you Kurt V and Boxerboy81,
I was worried about hijacking your thread with my pic and questions about originality but am relieved that others jacked it over a ride off stand or shoe size or what not...

Kurt V. Do as you feel. I have heard the horror stories of a stock R 75/6.
Like my vintage autos I try to get everything the way they came from the factory.
Original, Stock, & slow. But the way they came... If I need hopped and speed I got the Ducati with the power chip and the Termignoni exhaust.

Thanks again guys for the references.
penth2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #35
supershaft
because I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordless
Hey, my size 14 boots aren't clown shoes--and I need longer pegs if the peg is going to drag first. My inseam might be 36+ inches, but I don't need a ride-off stand (heck, I can flatfoot my R1200GSA when it is up on its center stand)

Man! You too? I never said that I was a good rider. I did imply that I was much of a rider what ever that means. Still, I will stand by the fact that if you have a ride off stand on your bike and you don't drag it in the corners, you are not doing much of what I consider riding. Please remember that I am one of those smart asses that doesn't consider interstate miles motorcycle experience. I have the same hard ass opinion about prison time. No, that isn't motorcycle experience in my book either. At any rate, I wear size 14 too and have a +36 inch inseam. I have shortened my foot pegs by about 3/4th's an inch and I still very often drag my pegs before I drag a boot. My feet are often on my forward mounted passenger pegs when I am riding hard but . . . . I often drag my modified to set much higher in the frame stock centerstand without dragging my feet as well. I don't have side stands on my bikes. If I had lived long enough, they would just be ground down stubs by now. About the only time I drag my size 14 feet is when I am shifting or in the brakes. I shift and am in the brakes regularly but I rarely drag my feet. At any rate, what do you guys have pulled over your eyes to think that anybody has to be a real good rider to drag a ride off stand? That is really laughable. I mean, LOOK at them! Look at the corner ground off the one in the photo above.

As far as riding around with your toes pointed out like a curb feeler? Be careful. Its a good way to break a foot.

supershaft screwed with this post 10-28-2010 at 06:54 PM
Old 10-28-2010, 07:04 PM   #36
supershaft
because I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing
You just don't understand sarcasm, do you?

I wish you would go away, "real rider". You've ruined every thread I've noticed you post in with your superior attitude. Go have a pissing match somewhere else.
Sarcasm? I understand it. Wear do you see it as far as Crazy is concerned? In the mean time, call me what you wish. I was just trying to help Kurt V with some FRIENDLY comments and hard won advise when the BS started squirting out of the little bull's ass. I wouldn't call that a pissing!

I'll leave you what ever you ares to it.

supershaft screwed with this post 10-28-2010 at 07:52 PM
Old 10-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #37
Hawk Medicine
Coyote's Brother

Oddometer: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude
For my response to this, and your future posts, see my avatar. It's me on my black R75/6 with my high gaiters and a Reynolds ride off stand, going:

CDD, I agree 100%

Quote:
Sarcasm? I understand it. Wear do you see it as far as Crazy is concerned? In the mean time, call me what you wish. I was just trying to help Kurt V with some FRIENDLY comments and hard won advise when the BS started squirting out of the little bull's ass. I wouldn't call that a pissing!

I'll leave you what ever you ares to it.
Here we go again! You get tossed offa the other site for your lousy attitude then, show up here and within a few weeks it's back to the same old crapola but this time it's clown shoes, and bulls asses. Of course poor little you aint done nothin to piss anyone off. Right?

Thanks for offering to leave us to ourselves but could you please make it permanent?

Hate rots the pocket that carries it.
Hawk Medicine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #38
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt V
Thanks to the great information I got from you guys, I passed on a questionable 75/6 and got steered towards a 75/6 owned by a member of this board. Friday I hook up the trailer and drive 542 miles from Jefferson City, MO to Roberts, WI to pick it up. The seller has been a super guy about the deal including taking and emailing me 48 pictures showing every detail of the bike. He also gave me the phone number and name of the mechanic who has done the mechanical work on the bike. He is also a member of this board!

A few pictures below. I am sooooo excited!

Great looking bike man, I would love to try one of those out someday.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:02 AM   #39
Renner
combustophile

Oddometer: 1,868
Quote:
I... . I... . I... . I... .I... . I... .I... ... I... . I... .. I have .I still .I drag . I am . . I often .. I don't . I had .I drag . I am .I shift . I rarely .. I mean, ..
Good lord man, start your own thread, You're killing this one.
Renner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #40
spo123
Man About Town

Oddometer: 637
Eek what a pissing match

I did not bother to read this.......Please, at least have the decency to use a paragraph structure.
Thanks,
spo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordless

Man! You too? I never said that I was a good rider. I did imply that I was much of a rider what ever that means. Still, I will stand by the fact that if you have a ride off stand on your bike and you don't drag it in the corners, you are not doing much of what I consider riding. Please remember that I am one of those smart asses that doesn't consider interstate miles motorcycle experience. I have the same hard ass opinion about prison time. No, that isn't motorcycle experience in my book either. At any rate, I wear size 14 too and have a +36 inch inseam. I have shortened my foot pegs by about 3/4th's an inch and I still very often drag my pegs before I drag a boot. My feet are often on my forward mounted passenger pegs when I am riding hard but . . . . I often drag my modified to set much higher in the frame stock centerstand without dragging my feet as well. I don't have side stands on my bikes. If I had lived long enough, they would just be ground down stubs by now. About the only time I drag my size 14 feet is when I am shifting or in the brakes. I shift and am in the brakes regularly but I rarely drag my feet. At any rate, what do you guys have pulled over your eyes to think that anybody has to be a real good rider to drag a ride off stand? That is really laughable. I mean, LOOK at them! Look at the corner ground off the one in the photo above.

As far as riding around with your toes pointed out like a curb feeler? Be careful. Its a good way to break a foot.

supershaft screwed with this post Yesterday at 09:54 PM.
[IMG]images/statusiconCrash/user_offline.gif[/IMG] Report this [IMG]images/buttonsCrash/quote.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-29-2010, 05:56 AM   #41
Jasper ST4

Oddometer: n/a
Those are miserable bikes and it will be nothing but trouble. Tell you what, I'll save you a bunch of grief and take it off your hands.

Seriously though, I would ditch the ride off stand too. I had one for years and went back to stock, less hassle all around. However, the side stand remains decidedly unstock.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #42
crazydrummerdude
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,478
Hey, I hope we didn't scare you away, man!

crazydrummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #43
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,178
The seat with the badge ... never saw that before.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #44
Hawk Medicine
Coyote's Brother

Oddometer: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude
Hey, I hope we didn't scare you away, man!

Hate rots the pocket that carries it.
Hawk Medicine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #45
fishkens
Further...

Oddometer: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloAsado
The seat with the badge ... never saw that before.
Either I'm imagining it or I have seen that badge an a number of /5 /6 bikes. /7? I don't know. Hmmm, better get someone who's reliable.

Nice bike regardless.