ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #151
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Let's clear this up real quick like!!!!!

The three falls were for the ENTIRE group. They all happened before I joined up today. I don't know who was keeping the count or who fell. Or what part of the state they were from.
I had a blast and have realized once again why I have a motorcycle.
Not sure how the second section compared with the first but I know I missed alot of fun. Kg it has been a long time since we rode dirt together and I will leave it there.

Could we consider Pee Dee a bush league rider. But hats off to keeping it right side up when going over a tree stump.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #152
PeeDeeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
Great day!

I had a great time today. Nice to see you all. And, thanks again Laura, for the tour.

PeeDeeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #153
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Oddometer: 1,190
It was indeed great to see all of you today. I thought it was a good turnout for a cold, windy day. I believe we had 10 on the morning dirty road tour, 15 present at lunch, and 7 on the afternoon tour, which turned out to be the the dirtiest of the day near the end . I sure needed a ride like today's. I've been working some late and stressful hours lately, and with the holidays and it getting dark so early, that was the first real ride I've had on the 350, and it was a hoot. Happy Birthday again to Gerald. Lindsay, that cake was delicious.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #154
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by JALnSC View Post
The three falls were for the ENTIRE group. They all happened before I joined up today. I don't know who was keeping the count or who fell. Or what part of the state they were from.
It was me! I confess.... I fell...

Twice.

First time I was stopping to wait for the guys that fell behind taking their sweet time. I was going 2-3 mph.

The second just going too fast, maybe around 30-35mph, with street tires on wet clay/sand mixture while day dreaming, oddly enough about going down earlier. I felt fine except for where I landed on my iPod, which works fine. The soreness is setting in now though.

The other person that went down will not be named by me. I will tell you he's NUTSY....
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #155
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

I was just trying to keep up with Laura and her camera.

it didn't happen. We all eventually caught up to her though.

That is, when she stopped and waited for us.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #156
PeeDeeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Yup, Nutsy fell down! LOL

Old 01-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #157
tjhess74
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 584
yep, fun day! it was good meeting some of you! im glad there was a birthday, cause i love cake!

my goal is to see how many gallons of dead dinosaurs i can send through my bike.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
2007 Honda VFR800 RWB
tjhess74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #158
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhess74 View Post
yep, fun day! it was good meeting some of you! im glad there was a birthday, cause i love cake!
When you say "some of you!" are you excluding anyone in particular?

Perhaps....
Photobucket
Old 01-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #159
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Topics talked about on one end of the table.

The subject of meeting up for the Sandblast http://www.sandblastrally.com/2011/ was mentioned I will be looking at my guide books to find when the best time to meet up would be. Many of these guys are fellow inmates riding on roads like this weekend but MUCH faster. 70-120 mph.

Second was a site http://www.redbullromaniacs.com/. This is just insane. Check the riding skills.

The last thing I can think of is the internatonal motorcycle show in Greenville SC. http://www.motorcycleshows.com/SouthCarolina
Old 01-09-2011, 07:04 AM   #160
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALnSC View Post
The subject of meeting up for the Sandblast http://www.sandblastrally.com/2011/ was mentioned I will be looking at my guide books to find when the best time to meet up would be. Many of these guys are fellow inmates riding on roads like this weekend but MUCH faster. 70-120 mph.
I having trouble finding a streetbike class...
Old 01-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #161
PeeDeeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Someone left this phone in the restaurant. Does anyone know who this belongs to?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:32 AM   #162
PeeDeeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Few pictures

As always, should have taken more pictures. Here are the few that i took.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #163
Land
Wanderer

Oddometer: 3,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonji
with street tires on wet clay/sand mixture
That'll often do it, even without the daydreamin'. Glad you, the bike and the iPod came out OK.

Sounds like a good time was had.

Chris
Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #164
tjhess74
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonji View Post
When you say "some of you!" are you excluding anyone in particular?

Perhaps....
nah, i already know him. btw, how could he possibly forget to leave that phone behind??

my goal is to see how many gallons of dead dinosaurs i can send through my bike.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
2007 Honda VFR800 RWB
tjhess74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #165
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Oddometer: 1,190
I'm glad some of you took some ride photos. I suck for not getting any, but was having too much fun to stop. I really, really wish I had gotten video of PeeDeeRider coming through that last mud hole of the day. Instead, I was bouncing up and down on my seat, fist-pumping the air and hollering "ride em cowboy" or some such!

I had every intention of pre-running those trails yesterday morning to see if the previous night's rain had affected them much. Then I was running late, Barney died on me en route to the Pig (he apparently prefers a steady diet of liquid nourishment instead of just fumes), and so the pre-run didn't happen.

We were laying in bed this morning and Speedy said, "I forgot to tell you, but your rear end is too soft." I told him being married forever doesn't give him the right to say such a thing to a woman. He goes, no, no, I'm talking about on the 350. Yesterday the rear was moving around a good bit in mid-turn on the dirt, but I was intentionally gassing it hard because it was very giggle-inducing, and it never felt out of control or anything. He said in the following pic, that is probably my line there in the dirt, and it should be one smooth arc and not have the little jags in it. So I guess we do need to stiffen my rear end some.