ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #196
Dilliw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Hi All-

Laura pointed me over to this thread and I sure wished I would have known about it sooner. I'm over in Gilbert, have family land up in Marlboro and Robeson counties, and lived in Orangeburg for about 5 years back in the 80's. From all the posts I might fit with a at least a few here.

Just picked up a '90 DR350s to play around on the dirt roads here in Lex county. Also have a Moto Guzzi EVT for road duty.

I'd love to catch up with you guys on a ride or two and see if I can keep up!

George
Dilliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #197
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
Welcome to the group if Laura recomended you you have been verified. Subscribe to this thread,the dinner thread, the midlands, state, and low country tag. Most of us ADD as hell an the topics get mixed together.
Welcome again.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #198
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilliw View Post
Hi All-

Laura pointed me over to this thread and I sure wished I would have known about it sooner. I'm over in Gilbert, have family land up in Marlboro and Robeson counties, and lived in Orangeburg for about 5 years back in the 80's. From all the posts I might fit with a at least a few here.

Just picked up a '90 DR350s to play around on the dirt roads here in Lex county. Also have a Moto Guzzi EVT for road duty.

I'd love to catch up with you guys on a ride or two and see if I can keep up!

George
Welcome from Marlboro County. Go Bulldogs!

Welcome to the site. Just jump on in, everyone's like family round here. Check out some of the tag threads and I hope to see you at the next RTL. Wesley

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #199
Dilliw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4lho View Post
Welcome from Marlboro County. Go Bulldogs!

Welcome to the site. Just jump on in, everyone's like family round here. Check out some of the tag threads and I hope to see you at the next RTL. Wesley
Thanks Wesley!

Spent many nights up in your neck of the woods. Both my folks are from McColl; my Dad is 84 and slowing a bit now but he's 100% when he's out on the farm.

Me and my cousins over at Red Bluff back in the 60's:

Hope to meet up soon.

George
Dilliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #200
PeeDeeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=447

PeeDeeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #201
fox102
BORIKEN

Oddometer: 628
Farewell nutsy !!!

MOVING TO WARMER WEATHER...

WANT INFO...PM ME...

CIAO

1996 BMW R1100RT
1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200S (Sold)
2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (RIP)
fox102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #202
PeeDeeRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654448

PeeDeeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #203
scooterGdawg OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Feb. 8th

The plan is the Sandblast rally......

the plan was, everyone chip in and the wife and I would do some cookin, even tho you may not have heard this part of the plan....

change of plan, wife is going skiing that weekend....

me not going to be cooking without wife....

i hear no food in patrick/sandblast.....

need of new plan for food........ let's hear opinion's

stab in the dark.....where's the closest pizza joint.? someone who is driving and not riding could stop in, order a dozen pizza's, grab some soda and ice in a cooler......everyone pitch in $10
Old 01-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #204
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone thought of, or know about the Tour De Tellico. If so anyone interested, some time in May.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #205
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by JALnSC View Post
Anyone thought of, or know about the Tour De Tellico. If so anyone interested, some time in May.
I've never done that one, but we rode the Scream'n Beaver last May and it was a big loop from Murphy up through Tellico Plains and back. It was a very good ride and had a lot of dirt & gravel roads. Look at the threads from the past few Scream'n and Fuzzy Beavers. They keep adding single track, too, but you can pick how mild or gnarly you want your ride to be. We might do that one again this year (4/29-5/1). There's so much great riding in the Tellico area. I will go purple this year, I think.

Don't forget about the Eastern Rendezvous later in May, too. Check out last year's thread to see what that one was like. I think that one was not as organized as far as the riding goes, people just hooked up to ride street only, mostly dirt, or a mix. That one looks like fun.

Laura0107 screwed with this post 01-30-2011 at 12:45 PM
Laura0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #206
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Quote:
How about we work on the current events at hand. Just what Gerald was talking about above you, THE Sandblast Rally!

What be da dealeo?

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
Old 01-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #207
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Laura what's going purple? I am thinking that would be a harder course than what you went on. I would love to know what color we would have been on other than orange last weekend. V-marv, kg something and myself are going through the mcbee, Patrick area tomarrow to see if anything has sprouted in the area. I am going to check for 2011 route books.
Nice looking tires Santa brought ya cacey I bet they can hold about 30 lb of mud.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #208
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Laura what's going purple? I am thinking that would be a harder course than what you went on. I would love to know what color we would have been on other than orange last weekend. V-marv, kg something and myself are going through the mcbee, Patrick area tomarrow to see if anything has sprouted in the area. I am going to check for 2011 route books.
Nice looking tires Santa brought ya cacey I bet they can hold about 30 lb of mud.
I was talking about which bike I'm planning to take.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #209
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

I got you now sometimes I don't understand things unless it has been typed very slow.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:28 PM   #210
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Quote:
I got you now sometimes I don't understand things unless it has been typed very slow.
*Rimshot*

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800