ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #211
boybrushedplad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107 View Post
I've never done that one, but we rode the Scream'n Beaver last May and it was a big loop from Murphy up through Tellico Plains and back. It was a very good ride and had a lot of dirt & gravel roads. Look at the threads from the past few Scream'n and Fuzzy Beavers. They keep adding single track, too, but you can pick how mild or gnarly you want your ride to be. We might do that one again this year (4/29-5/1). There's so much great riding in the Tellico area. I will go purple this year, I think.

Don't forget about the Eastern Rendevouz later in May, too. Check out last year's thread to see what that one was like. I think that one was not as organized as far as the riding goes, people just hooked up to ride street only, mostly dirt, or a mix. That one looks like fun.

The trip I was personally planning had me passing laurel springs on Sun may 22- it apears most of the activity will have died off by then...

anyone considering organizing for this? I may leave earlier than I had planned if I have somebody to ride with
boybrushedplad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #212
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Oddometer: 1,190
OK, one more segue off into not only another topic but this one is totally unrelated to motorcycles (sorry kg4lho). I don't go down into the basement much or to Inmates so seems y'all are stuck with me up here. I recorded this at my son's band's gig last night. This was their 4th time playing in public together. My son is playing lead guitar on the right. He's only been playing about 3 years. He told me after this song that they played it for the first time a week ago at practice, and he'd never heard it. He just asked them "what key" and went to town. I said, "You never watched Elvis' band do it on YouTube?" He goes, "Uh, no." I play keyboards and have absolutely no idea how guitarists do their thing. Anyway, enough from proud Mama; hope someone enjoys it. Now get back to talking about the Sandblast Rally.

(Mama likes the band's name, too).
Old 01-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #213
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,032
If we use the rally guide for 2009 and 2010 you can tell what time the courses are going to be run.
and this is the order.
See pic a few post down.

the park expose in cheraw is from 7:00 to 9:30. Bikes will be leaving out of there at about 8:15.
The first spectator area is at H Cooper Black Recreation area. Next is headquaters double s. There is a service time after that in Patrick then it loves to sextons big S. This spectator area is the closest you get to the race. 5 to 15 feet away. That's right you are right there. It is the furthest away from Patrick but you don't want to miss it, especially the first few cars.
If hints are going on schedual this will end up at 12:51 the race is continuing but there is a subway in McBee as well as a gas station called the Seafair I have eaten there in the past and I will leave it at that.
After that we can catch back up and go to the next stage. Cooper black reversed. Same course just run the other way. Back to double s reversed,then to cooper black but this time they don't go straight through at superfast speed they have 90 turn.
This is my plan I will get a rally guide Friday and post up changes if anyone knows of better places to eat, someone mentioned Pizza shout out.
Kg. Post pics you took last year, I have heard there are goingto be a few GSA's in the group.

JALnSC screwed with this post 01-30-2011 at 06:47 PM
JALnSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #214
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Wink

If someone corrects the pics and post them I will take off these.
People riding ds bikes could make it all the way to the spectator area with no problem. They will also be able to park much closer to the course. Bikes could be put on a ________ and ridden out Cheraw or I could meet them at my building in Florence locked behind a fence. We could ride up there from Florence. Would take about 45 min.

JALnSC screwed with this post 01-30-2011 at 04:48 PM
JALnSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #215
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by JALnSC View Post
If we use the rally guide for 2009 and 2010 you can tell what time the courses are going to be run.

and this is the order.

the park expose in cheraw is from 7:00 to 9:30. Bikes will be leaving out of there at about 8:15.
The first spectator area is at H Cooper Black Recreation area. Next is headquaters double s. There is a service time after that in Patrick then it loves to sextons big S. This spectator area is the closest you get to the race. 5 to 15 feet away. That's right you are right there. It is the furthest away from Patrick but you don't want to miss it, especially the first few cars.
If hints are going on schedual this will end up at 12:51 the race is continuing but there is a subway in McBee as well as a gas station called the Seafair I have eaten there in the past and I will leave it at that.
After that we can catch back up and go to the next stage. Cooper black reversed. Same course just run the other way. Back to double s reversed,then to cooper black but this time they don't go straight through at superfast speed they have 90 turn.
This is my plan I will get a rally guide Friday and post up changes if anyone knows of better places to eat, someone mentioned Pizza shout out.
Kg. Post pics you took last year, I have heard there are goingto be a few GSA's in the group.

What's that they say about assumption being the mother of all foulups?

This is not correct! The SandBlast flyer that I was provided by Anders states the start will be in Downtown Chesterfield Saturday morning.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:52 PM   #216
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Glad you noticed that thanks.
The rally schedual times did not change from 2009 to 2010 when I get a guide I will update. I am off work Friday and will be spectating at the shakedown and be going to orentation.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #217
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
Old 01-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #218
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

We have a blast every year. Make no mistake about it though, it is a full day. Getting to the spectator areas encompasses alot of time as they are spread out over several miles(SC Highway Patrol out in force!). You really must have a guide to know where and when to go. Also, the $5 you pay for the guide and wristband is how Anders and the crew recoup some of their expenses I am sure.

Just a couple pics from last year. Hope to see everyone there Saturday!

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
Old 01-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #219
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Those were taken at H Cooper Black and Sextons.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #220
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,732

cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #221
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolling View Post

Your schedule is from last year right?? We need to see one for this year.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
Old 01-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #222
JALnSC
Beastly Adventurer

Please re read post 216 several times slowly. See if it clear, As Far As I Know They Are Not Out Yet.... If you find yourself in Cheraw stop by the POLICE Station and see if they have them. Then let us all know what the order will be.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:58 PM   #223
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Will Page 8 in this 48-page Rally Guide PDF from the rally site help you? Looks like a schedule to me.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #224
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Look at Page 31 for the Spectator schedule.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #225
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JALnSC View Post
Please re read post 216 several times slowly. See if it clear, As Far As I Know They Are Not Out Yet.... If you find yourself in Cheraw stop by the POLICE Station and see if they have them. Then let us all know what the order will be.
You should have said that earlier. I went through Cheraw after going through Chesterfield on the way home this afternoon.
I might make it to Cheraw tomorrow and I'll see if I can pick one up.

Then I will post it so everyone but you, Mr. Smartypants, can see it!

Anyway, Thank You Laura for finding that. Here it is>

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800