ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #1111
ejschulz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Joshua and I should be there..
Old 04-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #1112
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,155
I will be at lunch Saturday. Not sure which bike though as I'm back at 2 running now!

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #1113
scooterGdawg OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
whats the latest on the bandit? did they total it, or did you fix it? something else?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #1114
Pink Lady
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Pink Lady is planning to attend.
Pink Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #1115
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 479
Is in town in irmo till sunday
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #1116
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,176
I'm going to try to make it and ride some dirt roads in Manchester afterwards.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #1117
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

It was great seeing everyone today! We had 8 inmates. Hopefully someone will post photos of the bikes.

After lunch I spent about 3 hours in the Manchester State Forest and Foxville Road areas.

Much fun was had:

I made it through several muddy sections on Foxville Road, but turned around at this one. It's hard to see in the pic, but it spread out to cover the entire road and I couldn't see the end of it.:

Some more interesting terrain:

On the way home, I ran into some newlyweds near Santee. They were from NC, on the way to FL, and had stopped to clean some of the goop off their car.:

It was a beautiful day for a ride.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #1118
Flyin'Nut
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Great lunch

It was good to see everyone at lunch on an absolutely gorgeous day. The attendees were Laura0107, ScooterGDawg and Mrs ScooterGDawg, Pink Lady, Ed and Josh Schultz, Draechon, and the Flyin'Nut. Good country cooking at the Summerton Diner.
And Laura, it looks like even if I had brought the Versys, some of those trails would have resulted in some great face plant photo ops.
Flyin'Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #1119
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin'Nut View Post
...And Laura, it looks like even if I had brought the Versys, some of those trails would have resulted in some great face plant photo ops.
Those were actually some roads outside of the Forest that the 4WD crowd loves to play in after it rains. You'd have been fine on the roads inside the Forest. I don't want those photos to scare anyone away from such a great place to ride.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #1120
ejschulz
Adventurer

Joshua and i had a great time.. it was good to see some old faces and some new ones.. see you next month.. thanks for the pictures Laura
Old 05-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #1121
motogirl25
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Hi! I am new here. I live outside of Savannah, and I am hoping to meet some ADVriders! I think I will have everything ready to ride the DRZ up on Saturday. The lunch at Ridgeland is still on for Saturday right? What time is everyone meeting? Is there an address or directions? Thanks!
motogirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #1122
ejschulz
Adventurer

Welcome Aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by motogirl25 View Post
Hi! I am new here. I live outside of Savannah, and I am hoping to meet some ADVriders! I think I will have everything ready to ride the DRZ up on Saturday. The lunch at Ridgeland is still on for Saturday right? What time is everyone meeting? Is there an address or directions? Thanks!
Welcome Aboard dont think Joshua and I are coming this Saturday sorry maybe next month will be able to meet up with you.. on a more happier note Going to Greensboro NC Carolina BMW and look at or Buy a 2013 R1200GS water cooled,,,, Wahooooooo
Old 05-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #1123
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

I'm in for Ridgeland on Saturday, probably Speedy too. We'll probably get there around 10 a.m.

Motogirl25, turn off Hwy 278 at 32.495927,-80.987917 or 10 Airport Rd, Ridgeland, SC. Right after Airport Road curves to the left, there's a group of about 7 hangars on the right. Lee's (Slidefighter) is one of those; should be some bikes nearby. Lee, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fingers crossed for a warm, sunny day! I'm tired of all this wet, cool weather!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:35 AM   #1124
Rutabaga
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 729
+1 for Ridgeland. Looking forward to putting some faces to the names.
Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:12 AM   #1125
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

It looks like turkey season just went out and a wild hog weekend isn't until the following weekend in Hamilton Ridge, Webb, etc. WMAs on the Savannah. It might be a good day to sneak a ride in up there (easy dirt/gravel roads). Motogirl25, Speedy and I are planning to head over for a ride after lunch. All are welcome! I at least want to see the race planes land and catch some of the spot landings and aerobatics, then probably go to that great BBQ place in Ridgeland for lunch. I'd love to drop back by the airport to see the vintage aircraft fly, too, if possible. If they stick to the schedule and the vintage aircraft land at 2:15, we could get to the WMAs a little before 3:00, ride for a couple of hours, and most of us could still make it home before dark.