ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #706
redfox07
Lost Californian

Oddometer: 136
Yeah I thought it was a dog lol but it's a wolf and like I said I am not from here so some of this stuff is just foreign to me but I do like the idea of comparing time passed between pics that's pretty smart
redfox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #707
max1138
unsentinent wanderer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorasi View Post
Pray tell numb and unconscious hobo, How does one turn back on the geotag?
its a setting on the phone, you can enable geolocation on most phones that will send the gps location data along with the exif data that tells when the pic was made and what settings were used to make it, sometimes it includes the model of device that took the image down to the device name.

if the data isnt sent along to the server then the exif background data is essentially blank with no way to add it back into that particular image.
the original on my phone has it encoded into it but I stripped it out before sending to prevent someone backtracking the location
and esentially giving the location away if they know where to look in the exif data.

Ive been playing on the mississippi tag-o-rama thread for about 4 years, it gets pretty cutthroat with a bunch of us grown up children playing hide-n-seek over 48,000 square miles of the state of mississippi.
max1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #708
seniorasi
Banned

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by max1138 View Post
its a setting on the phone, you can enable geolocation on most phones that will send the gps location data along with the exif data that tells when the pic was made and what settings were used to make it, sometimes it includes the model of device that took the image down to the device name.

if the data isnt sent along to the server then the exif background data is essentially blank with no way to add it back into that particular image.
the original on my phone has it encoded into it but I stripped it out before sending to prevent someone backtracking the location
and esentially giving the location away if they know where to look in the exif data.

Ive been playing on the mississippi tag-o-rama thread for about 4 years, it gets pretty cutthroat with a bunch of us grown up children playing hide-n-seek over 48,000 square miles of the state of mississippi.
I need to hang with you guys for a while, mine have been waaay too easy. Thanks for the info Max.
seniorasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #709
seniorasi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox07 View Post
Yeah I thought it was a dog lol but it's a wolf and like I said I am not from here so some of this stuff is just foreign to me but I do like the idea of comparing time passed between pics that's pretty smart
I thought it was a river...didn't see the wolf until after I read your post and looked again.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #710
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

Oddometer: 854
Quote:

ZGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #711
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

Max used mad race skills to grab those.
:-)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #712
seniorasi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGirl View Post
Max used mad race skills to grab those.
:-)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #713
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,902
Quote:
think it thru logically, its a sculpture of what?
how many of those are within a 50 mile radius of memphis?
are there images available for them?
where are they,
if you found the location where the first tag was then look how long it took to post the 2nd.
since i was posting from a phone instantly compare the 2 times that will give you a radius of distance/time.
is there a sculpture in that radius that fits the above criteria.
if so go get your picture. if not do more research, you may have to do a lot of riding checking things out. which is after all the purpose of this lil easter egg hunt.

no more help. study then ride.
Good posting!
I agree, most of these have been waayyy too easy. I knew mine wasn't too hard, but I was riding with a 4 yr old on a 50 degree day. His tolerance for cold is no where near mine.

Get out and search, that after all is the whole idea of the game.

Redfox- I know these will be ahrd for you, but just think of how much of the area you are learning by playing with us!!

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #714
JustinT
I will ride my whole life

Oddometer: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_TN View Post
Good posting!
I agree, most of these have been waayyy too easy. I knew mine wasn't too hard, but I was riding with a 4 yr old on a 50 degree day. His tolerance for cold is no where near mine.

Get out and search, that after all is the whole idea of the game.

Redfox- I know these will be ahrd for you, but just think of how much of the area you are learning by playing with us!!
I have to respectfully disagree for a couple of reasons;
Point is to ride not sit at computer googling and searching for these places.
That being said...
Nothing worse than riding 25 miles to where you Think it is and being wrong. (I know ill hear the ride is part of it...but I've spent a few occasions driving long boring roads because im on a time crunch and feel like a wasted time knowing I was purely going from point A to B and find no B) so im not motivated to wander 7854 sq miles to look for a tag or spend my free time googling for unknown places.

I think the point is to share interesting places you find with others with encouragment to go check them out too. Good restaurants, interesting buildings, neat back roads, and memoriable local sites. if they are easy the tags are more likely to stay moving and replaced with new tags and more riding for the group. (Kind of Like the string of them last weekend)

Just my opinion too.

JustinT screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 11:20 AM
JustinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #715
redfox07
Lost Californian

I agree :) , that's why my tags are all places I have been and enjoyed visiting or eating at lol
Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #716
seniorasi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650Rking View Post
I have to respectfully disagree for a couple of reasons;
Point is to ride not sit at computer googling and searching for these places.
That being said...
Nothing worse than riding 25 miles to where you Think it is and being wrong. (I know ill hear the ride is part of it...but I've spent a few occasions driving long boring roads because im on a time crunch and feel like a wasted time knowing I was purely going from point A to B and find no B) so im not motivated to wander 7854 sq miles to look for a tag or spend my free time googling for unknown places.

I think the point is to share interesting places you find with others with encouragment to go check them out too. Good restaurants, interesting buildings, neat back roads, and memoriable local sites. if they are easy the tags are more likely to stay moving and replaced with new tags and more riding for the group. (Kind of Like the string of them last weekend)

Just my opinion too.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #717
ZGirl
Girly Adventurer

We have always given tips since Jamie's original guidelines state it's not a game of stump the chumps.

Hope Max doesn't mind if I add LaGrange to the hints.

I would like to add that I'm not from here and this game has really helped my knowledge of the area! ;-)

ZGirl screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 01:45 PM
Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #718
redfox07
Lost Californian

I agree this tag game has really helped me get to know the area better
Old 01-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #719
JustinT
I will ride my whole life

Oddometer: 950
Sorry if it comes across as complaining. .. cause I'm not, being from Memphis there were only a few I was clueless on. I think they have been great tags.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #720
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 5,400
clueless.....oops sorry i thoughtsomeone was calling me

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote