User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #241
JaxObsessed OP
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL

Oddometer: 8,969
Hey Eric, thanks for the input!
I am going to PM many the next time I go. :)
I am happy to say that SoPaRider is back in action.!!

We'll do a ride this Fall for sure~!!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecubed View Post
Love the MeeSho too. Rode the enduros up there all the ninety's. They have triangle rocks. All rocks have a point. Very brutal. Shen Valley has rectangle rocks. Ja?

Love the ADV. I tried all of the dating sites and none of those girls ride bikes........I agree your sentiments on ADV.....

There are many rides all over the place and I still have no one to ride with.....who is going where and when, I can't keep up. I still have the same knob on the XR from Spring LF!!!!!

Next Micheaux ride, lemeknow!? Ja?

eric

Old 10-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #242
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Front please!

Plan to pick up my 1994/1996 DR350/441S Hybrid Saturday morning (15th) from T-Bone and Earl's Cycles in Taneytown, MD. If Earl's carb tuning works and the test ride goes well I'll be back playing in the dirt on the way home with "pipewrench", hope to see you all soon in Michaux and elsewhere.

Jeff (SoPaRider)

'96 DR441S
'07 wee w/abs

"The Rides Never Long Enough!"
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #243
vwlandon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Thumb

hello all... im new to the site. i just picked up a klr a few weeks ago and its the perfect bike for around here. i live right in the middle of michaux in South Mountain pa. i have passed some other riders in the dirt over the past couple weeks. let me know when the next ride is. looking forward to meeting some other dual sporters
vwlandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #244
JaxObsessed OP
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoPaRider View Post
Plan to pick up my 1994/1996 DR350/441S Hybrid Saturday morning (15th) from T-Bone and Earl's Cycles in Taneytown, MD. If Earl's carb tuning works and the test ride goes well I'll be back playing in the dirt on the way home with "pipewrench", hope to see you all soon in Michaux and elsewhere.

Jeff (SoPaRider)

'96 DR441S
'07 wee w/abs

"The Rides Never Long Enough!"
Nice Jeff!!! Howd it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlandon View Post
hello all... im new to the site. i just picked up a klr a few weeks ago and its the perfect bike for around here. i live right in the middle of michaux in South Mountain pa. i have passed some other riders in the dirt over the past couple weeks. let me know when the next ride is. looking forward to meeting some other dual sporters
Welcome to ADV! You are living in a dualsport wonderland. Explore! Have a blast!
PM SoPaRider. I am out of the game for a coupla months.... dislocated my shoulder.. ugh... He lives close to you and rides every day.

Stop at the ranger station on 30 and get yourself one of the nice maps of the park. Lots to be learned there.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #245
the darth peach
eats crackers in bed

Oddometer: 11,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post

I am out of the game for a coupla months.... dislocated my shoulder.. ugh... .

Whaaaaat????
What happened??
In any event, I hope you heal up quick.
Anything dislocated sucks.
I feel for you!
the darth peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:49 PM   #246
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by the darth peach View Post

Whaaaaat????
What happened??
I feel for you!
Oh, he just had to show me up. Jax just couldn't be satisfied with letting my crash be the only one that day.

Actually Jax, we do make one hell of a team. I trash my bike, but walk away. You trash yourself, but your bike is ridden away. Don't know which is worse.

Wait...nevermind...I would rather go my route.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:44 PM   #247
JaxObsessed OP
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by the darth peach View Post

Whaaaaat????
What happened??
I feel for you!
Thank you so much Peaches. You are the best! I have a novella pm incoming for you. tomorrow.
Y'all, I owe Peach almost EVERY shot in this thread..... She's the artist. I am among many copy cats.

Burns are way worse than dislocates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
Oh, he just had to show me up. Jax just couldn't be satisfied with letting my crash be the only one that day.

Actually Jax, we do make one hell of a team. I trash my bike, but walk away. You trash yourself, but your bike is ridden away. Don't know which is worse.
Wait...nevermind...I would rather go my route.
I dunno Michael! My new to me tiger all ripped up, doesn't sound too good either.... though you are probably right...
Old 10-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #248
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Michael and Jax:
I sure hope you two are both up and running again real soon, this has been a wierd year, it's either the bikes are down or our bodies are on the mend at one time or the other. Rode with Denny and two others over at DAMNRiders last Sunday (16th) through Michaux, Tuscarora and Buchanan State Forests, several usually closed roads were open for leaf peaking and hunting season. The new 441 powerplant is working much better since Earl from T-Bone & Earl's Cycle in Taneytown worked his magic on the carb, although it it does suck alot more gas, lost 10 to 15 mpg from the stock setup, but I can still get 100 miles out of a full 2.4 gallon tank and I carry and extra gallon with me! Allright then, you two get well soon and I hope to see you on the road again before the snow flies.

Later,

Jeff (SoPaRider)

1994/1996 Suzuki DR350/441SET Hybrid
2007 Suzuki DL650AK7 V-Strom (wee-strom) w/abs
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #249
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Put Katie back together and went for a ride today. Didn't know where I was going end up when I left.

Then I realized that with Jack down, somebody had to get some fall pictures.

It was nice getting back out on two wheels. Biggest problem with having the KTM at Michaux is that it is MUCH more difficult to resist the temptation to take those interesting looking little side trails that you are not supposed to be on. Well, that and riding the KTM for 160 miles in one day can be somewhat painful by the end of the day.
Bald Eagle Bastard
Old 10-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #250
JaxObsessed OP
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL

SOOOOOOO Nice!!!

Great idea my friend! Thanks for pulling my slack!!!

Quote:

chaux is that it is MUCH more difficult to resist the temptation to take those interesting looking little side trails that you are not supposed to be on. Well, that and riding the KTM for 160 miles in one day can be somewhat painful in the end

FIXED!/Understood!

Quote:
Put Katie back together and went for a ride today. Didn't know where I was going end up when I left.

It was nice getting back out on two wheels. Biggest problem with having the KTM at Michaux is that it is MUCH more difficult to resist the temptation to take those interesting looking little side trails that you are not supposed to be on. Well, that and riding the KTM for 160 miles in one day can be somewhat painful by the end of the day.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:05 AM   #251
JaxObsessed OP
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL

Here are a few from September, the last time my GS would start

HI bike What have you done for me lately?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:05 PM   #252
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Ah, this is much better. While the seat of the 990 resembles a piece of vinyl-covered hardwood, it is a very nicely shaped piece of hardwood. For fireroads, Mattie does not give much up to Katie, and I do believe she will be my choice for future Michaux runs.

Bald Eagle Bastard
Old 11-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #253
1Bonehead
Fearless of Falling

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Ah, this is much better. While the seat of the 990 resembles a piece of vinyl-covered hardwood, it is a very nicely shaped piece of hardwood. For fireroads, Mattie does not give much up to Katie, and I do believe she will be my choice for future Michaux runs.
Sweet ride. I bet she loves eating up Michaux. I can't wait to get my 950 back to0gether and ride her. it has been too long. I have had Pnuemonia for going on three weeks now and I am finally getting back on my fett more and more everyday.
Matt
1Bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:26 AM   #254
JaxObsessed OP
RLRR LRLL RLRR LRLL

Quote:
Excellent Sky! I was never an orange cool-aide drinker (dunno why) BUT Mattie is a beauty ! DAMN>>> that bike bucket list is getting long!!!
Thanks for the pics of Michaux!

For those who are interested,
update on me:::PT has begun and I will be riding in a month or so.
Thanks for all the well wishes!!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:26 AM   #255
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
For those who are interested,
update on me:::PT has begun and I will be riding in a month or so.
Thanks for all the well wishes!!

Winter pics of Michaux this year?
Bald Eagle Bastard