User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #1156
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
Denny

I plan to leave the house around 3:00 and be at Caledonia Power Sports a little early too! See ya then.

One last ride in Michaux before I hit the road!

Thones (SoPaRider); TPATOM's (Trans PA Trailers Of Michaux)
P.M. me for copies of my 15 Michaux State Forest Dual Sport Routes; check the Trip Planning/Tent Space Sign-Up Thread/Page 33/Post #492/8-2011 for info on our "Motorcyclist Manor"; IT'S FREE!.
48 states, D.C., 5 provinces and Bermuda down; the rest of the world to go!
SoPaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #1157
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,945
Thanks for another great evening ride guys.
In attendance today was Denny, Jeff, Rich and myself. It was a little dusty, but I have seen it worse. Great selection of roads, at one point I got to "wick it up" chasing Jeff.

See you guys in 2 weeks, have a great trip Jeff.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:06 AM   #1158
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 12,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
Thanks for another great evening ride guys.
In attendance today was Denny, Jeff, Rich and myself. It was a little dusty, but I have seen it worse. Great selection of roads, at one point I got to "wick it up" chasing Jeff.

See you guys in 2 weeks, have a great trip Jeff.
Nice TP.
And +2 on Have a great trip Thones!!!!
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #1159
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

It sure was a great day and evening for a ride with Denny, Rich and TP. Thanks TP and Jax. My estimated time of departure is now set for either August 25th or 26th. I'm still tryin' to figure out how to use H14 and campcook's SPOT and how to pack all of this crap on the DR!

Jeff (Thones)
P.M. me for copies of my 15 Michaux State Forest Dual Sport Routes; check the Trip Planning/Tent Space Sign-Up Thread/Page 33/Post #492/8-2011 for info on our "Motorcyclist Manor"; IT'S FREE!.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #1160
steelerider
Southafricanamerican

Oddometer: 874
Took my first ride into the forest yesterday on my new R1200GSW. A deer jumped out in front of me on ridge rd, south of the cell tower. After 35 mins on the side of the road, alone and in pain, med rescue showed up and I was flown to Hershey med. Result, all ribs on my left fractured, featured collar bone, fractured scapula. Was only going about 35 mph. My new bike is trashed:(.
Be careful out there dudes. My Olympia x moto jacket and pants did their job. No road rash at all. Other that that is was a beautiful day .
steelerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #1161
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerider View Post
Took my first ride into the forest yesterday on my new R1200GSW. A deer jumped out in front of me on ridge rd, south of the cell tower. After 35 mins on the side of the road, alone and in pain, med rescue showed up and I was flown to Hershey med. Result, all ribs on my left fractured, featured collar bone, fractured scapula. Was only going about 35 mph. My new bike is trashed:(.
Be careful out there dudes. My Olympia x moto jacket and pants did their job. No road rash at all. Other that that is was a beautiful day .

sorry to hear this. Heal up quickly.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #1162
JaxObsessed OP
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 12,100
HOLY CRAP!!!! That really sucks!
Heal quickly and thoroughly. Busted ribs SUCK!!

worth repeating.
Be careful out there dudes!

A deer tried (and damn near succeeded in) killing SoPaRider right by Long Pine Run reservoir. Caved in his chest.

What we do, as motorcycle riders, is dangerous. I'm still gonna go out there in an hour or so and push that button. Even a short commute on a motorcycle is often the best time I'll have all day.

Quote:
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #1163
Dynamick
\dī-ˈna-mik\

Oddometer: 3,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
HOLY CRAP!!!! That really sucks!
Heal quickly and thoroughly. Busted ribs SUCK!!

worth repeating.
Be careful out there dudes!

A deer tried (and damn near succeeded in) killing SoPaRider right by Long Pine Run reservoir. Caved in his chest.

What we do, as motorcycle riders, is dangerous. I'm still gonna go out there in an hour or so and push that button. Even a short commute on a motorcycle is often the best time I'll have all day.
That does SUCK! Hoping you heal good and fast. We all have to be Bambi aware but to be more proactive we all must eat more deer jerky... Hear that H14

Jax on a much lighter note, there will be cupcakes in the media library today and you know they won't last long.
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:59 AM   #1164
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.

Oddometer: 2,518
Quote:
... all ribs on my left fractured, fractured collar bone, fractured scapula....
Ouch ouch ouch! Heal well, and start moving your joints as soon as the doc tells you. Ya gotta be in shape for your next ride!

Fred
FredRydr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #1165
10ecjed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Take care and heal fast. Glad to hear you were wearing good protective gear. I have learned my lesson and wear mine 95% of the time now.
Jim
Old 08-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #1166
Denny Mann
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Thumb

Quote:

Ouch! I feel your pain because it happened to me last October. Be patient because it is a slow healing process.
Denny Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #1167
Denny Mann
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Thumb Michaux Weekly Ride

I'm on for this Thursday 6:00.
Denny Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #1168
SoPaRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Pissed

Public Opinion; Tue. 20 Aug. '13: Chambersburg, Hamilton Twp., Franklin Co., PA:
THEFT: According to PA State Police Chambersburg, a 2007 Yamaha (spelled Yahama) TW200 motorcycle was reported stolen between Wed. 14 and Sat. 17 Sat. Aug. '13. The vehicle identification number of the motorcycle is JYA3AWE077A116981 and anyone with information may call police at 264-5161. (Incident No. H03-2230328). Not my bike, but you might want to keep an eye out for this TW!

Jeff
Old 08-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #1169
foxtrapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 711
Quote:
Welcome to the club! I was flown out of michaux to Hershey the week before.

Did you get a hat from the copter crew? I was told they used to do that. I didn't get a hat. :-(
foxtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #1170
Gene-tw200
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
I'm going to try and make this weeds ride to .
Gene-tw200 is offline   Reply With Quote