User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
BigT OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 863
DRZ400: Can the pegs be lowered?

Does anyone make a footpeg lowering kit for the DRZ400?

I'm talking about the rider pegs, not the passenger pegs.

I know this sounds nuts, but I've got a set for a KLR 650 and have never touched my boot to the ground, even in tight turns. (I don't climb over stumps or rocks, so ground clearance isn't an issue either).

I was just wondering if anyone makes a kit, but I haven't been able to find any links or info.

I'm looking to add leg room.
BigT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT
(I don't climb over stumps or rocks, so ground clearance isn't an issue either).
But that's what a DRZ-E or a DRZ-S is made for! (And the tires that come on them, they wouldn't lean enough to make that an issue.) It's interesting that you said that because I injured both feet (in two different incidents) on a DRZ in the woods. I also got knocked out once, but that didn't have anything to do with the footpegs!

Now a DRZ-SM (OTOH) might not be made for stumps & rocks, but those lean more.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
BigT OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 863
Oh sorry, it's a 400SM, not a dual sport.

I'm just curious. I likely won't buy the bike due to the tiny fuel tank/lousy range, cramped ergonomics, and limited uses.

I'd likely be better of sticking with the KLR.
BigT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #4
vinco
n00b

Oddometer: 1
DRZ 400 lower footpegs at last

I realize this is an old topic, but finally there is an answer. After installing Jimmy Button hi bars and an up and forward riser on my DRZ I was right at the limit of my cables. I really didn't want to go higher with the expense of new parts and new cables. I wanted to lower the already high center of gravity a little, not raise it more. Knight Design was willing to make a set of lower pegs ( close to 1in. lower) and after some work has come up with a peg that works great for me, and the brake and shifter can easily be adjusted to the new height. The pegs are also lighter and look cool as well. I am 6'2" and weigh 210 lbs. I can finally stand without getting a sore neck. If interested you can contact: Alicia at Knight Design at sales@knightdesignllc.com or google it.
I am not affiliated with Knight Design. Just trying to help others with the same problem I had.
vinco is offline   Reply With Quote