Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #1651
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post

Tune the F1/F2 maps not L. .

For Tuneecu we needed to modify the L-map? changes to F map didn't work at all for the low rpm's? (we tried +10%)
As for Tuneboy it gives a balloon in the L maps which says: this fuel table is used when the throttle position is below 6%

And for the information we tried both (but tuneboy i didn't try after the reset)

Quote:
How much are you increasing by? 200-300 does next to nothing. If you add fuel at 1500-1800 rpm 0% TPS in F1/F2 it will increase A/F @ idle
what kind of value do you advise then?

Any point of view is good.
As the PCV is still on back order so a there is still some time to try......

Spark01 screwed with this post 05-29-2012 at 01:21 PM Reason: tuneboy
Spark01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #1652
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
For Tuneecu we needed to modify the L-map? changes to F map didn't work at all for the low rpm's? (we tried +10%)
As for Tuneboy it gives a balloon in the L maps which says: this fuel table is used when the throttle position is below 6%

And for the information we tried both (but tuneboy i didn't try after the reset)

what kind of value do you advise then?

Any point of view is good.
As the PCV is still on back order so a there is still some time to try......
You have to change the F-L switching point first. Change it to 0 on everything above 1450. This will allow you to change the F1/F2 maps at lower settings without the L map taking over. The L map will still be active above that but not as much.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:56 AM   #1653
Spark01
V-Twin

We finally found a work around
(it took some times because of holidays and etc)

OK what is the problem: the front cylinder doesn't change air/fuel when we try to commit a trim only on this cylinder.
The rear cylinder how ever does change when we try to commit a trim.

We had this fault with Tuneecu and Tuneboy.

But yesterday we tried a trim at both cylinders at the same time and.............the front cylinder air/fuel changed

So what we are going to do is first build a map for the front cylinder by using the trim on both cylinders.
And when finished we're going to fine tune the rear cylinder with a single trim, because this one works.

Oke it costs some extra time to do it but it works and no more need for a PCV .
Old 06-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #1654
Yascher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Mine behaves strangely, when changing maps:
1-when you open file it doesn't show which map it is, only when selecting it from the list
2-once downloaded successfully, it will not change map name in the ECU, even after 15 min idle. However values in the tables seem to change, so my ECU always showing that it has 09 Acra map, while actual one is completely different

Any ideas or similar simptoms?
Yascher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:24 AM   #1655
Spark01
V-Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yascher View Post
Mine behaves strangely, when changing maps:
1-when you open file it doesn't show which map it is, only when selecting it from the list
2-once downloaded successfully, it will not change map name in the ECU, even after 15 min idle. However values in the tables seem to change, so my ECU always showing that it has 09 Acra map, while actual one is completely different

Any ideas or similar simptoms?
Did you perform a read after the download?.
Because the value's on the left side in tuneecu will usually change only after a read (at least my bike)
Old 06-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #1656
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
We finally found a work around
(it took some times because of holidays and etc)

OK what is the problem: the front cylinder doesn't change air/fuel when we try to commit a trim only on this cylinder.
The rear cylinder how ever does change when we try to commit a trim.

We had this fault with Tuneecu and Tuneboy.

But yesterday we tried a trim at both cylinders at the same time and.............the front cylinder air/fuel changed

So what we are going to do is first build a map for the front cylinder by using the trim on both cylinders.
And when finished we're going to fine tune the rear cylinder with a single trim, because this one works.

Oke it costs some extra time to do it but it works and no more need for a PCV .
Crap that's alot of work! End result will be worth it.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #1657
Rsquared
Echo

Oddometer: 107
If I wanted to force the secondary butterflies open with the software vs. pulling them out to see the difference, is this where I would set them?

Old 06-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #1658
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,418
Well, if you really want to simulate complete removal, you'd set all the fields at 100.

S
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #1659
Yascher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Did you perform a read after the download?.
Because the value's on the left side in tuneecu will usually change only after a read (at least my bike)
Sure I did, no luck so far with any combinations and it is an obvious glitch to me
Yascher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:12 AM   #1660
MotorOlly
Sand basher

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yascher View Post
Sure I did, no luck so far with any combinations and it is an obvious glitch to me
Good work Spark, if it shows up doing a read though that is a good way for other people to check to see if they are having the same problem.

Re. Setting secondary butterflies to 100% don't forget you will have to refuel the engine to compensate for this change or it will lean out.

Tried a leaned out 2011 map hybrided with my 2008 yesterday, did seems less snatchy even without resetting the adaptions but super rich idle. Interesting to note the very different F-L Table, 2ndary Butterflies and Ignition curves, I do wonder if this has more to do with the 'snatch' than fueling... maybe more work due here.
MotorOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #1661
Rsquared
Echo

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorOlly View Post
Re. Setting secondary butterflies to 100% don't forget you will have to refuel the engine to compensate for this change or it will lean out.

Tried a leaned out 2011 map hybrided with my 2008 yesterday, did seems less snatchy even without resetting the adaptions but super rich idle. Interesting to note the very different F-L Table, 2ndary Butterflies and Ignition curves, I do wonder if this has more to do with the 'snatch' than fueling... maybe more work due here.
I've only had my 11 Dakar for a little over two months and 2200 miles. The bucking at 3K RPM with a small throttle opening was driving me nuts off-road. So, I pulled the secondarys out and it helped with the problem, but didn't seem to run as strong, so I put them back in.

Next, I did the 3k ohm thermistor mod to the air temp sensor. That made a noticeable difference in the low rpm throttle response as well as helping with the bucking problem. Now I've limited the secondarys to 25% minimum opening with the software.

So far, with the air temp sensor mod and the limits on the secondarys, my bucking problem seems to be gone and the bike runs great... I'll do alot more off-road testing this weekend to confirm.

Rsquared screwed with this post 06-07-2012 at 01:37 PM
Rsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #1662
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,418
I'm not so sure you need to "refuel" the engine withthe secondaries set to 100%. This simply simulates the complete removal of the secondary butterflies, a mod which is recommended here frequently without the need to "refuel" or remap.

YMMV, of course...

S
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #1663
mattc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycatdad View Post
I'm not so sure you need to "refuel" the engine withthe secondaries set to 100%. This simply simulates the complete removal of the secondary butterflies, a mod which is recommended here frequently without the need to "refuel" or remap.

YMMV, of course...

S

I think it would be necessary as you are allowing more air to enter the combustion chamber, and at a much slower velocity. I actually tried it out a while back, and it does run OK until you put a big load on it i.e. large throttle opening in high gear. You then see how badly it really runs. Mine fell on its face in a lean condition. So be careful!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #1664
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,111
Hi all!
I'l looking for an older version of tuneecu! One that does NOT check if you'r trying to upload the wrong map, since i want to upload the wrong map to my ecu...

Can you all please take a look if you still have the old version files somewhere on you pc?

Much appriciated!!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #1665
Dusty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
Hi all!
I'l looking for an older version of tuneecu! One that does NOT check if you'r trying to upload the wrong map, since i want to upload the wrong map to my ecu...

Can you all please take a look if you still have the old version files somewhere on you pc?

Much appriciated!!
How old... what version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc View Post
I think it would be necessary as you are allowing more air to enter the combustion chamber, and at a much slower velocity. I actually tried it out a while back, and it does run OK until you put a big load on it i.e. large throttle opening in high gear. You then see how badly it really runs. Mine fell on its face in a lean condition. So be careful!
Well I've had mine out for 4 years and 3 of those years with the stock map and Arkos, i didn't and don't have any of those symptoms. Mine will pull to 124 on the gps and just sit there. I replace the plugs every year and have a good look at them, and they look rather fine. If i got the bug to put the 2nd flies back in i would have them open to nothing less then 10%.

Since TuneECU i have tried a few maps and they all run rich compared to the stock map. I am back on the stock map now with the F-L switch set to 0 above 2000 rpm, still working on mileage and slight lean spot at off idle to 15% TPS and from 2500 to 4000 rpm.

Dusty screwed with this post 06-08-2012 at 03:24 AM
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote