Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 02:50 AM   #1666
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
How old... what version.
Hi Dusty, unfortunately i dont know at wich version they impemented the compatiblitycheck. I cant find release notes on tuneecu either.

Guess i just have to try with whatever older version i can find in this community.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:43 AM   #1667
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
I cant find release notes on tuneecu
Here you go

2.2 Update for new maps Triumph (except Tiger Explorer) and KTM 690 2012.
2.1 Support Benelli 900 Tornado
2.0 Support PCV tables. Ability to disable ISC on KTM 990/1190. Added Portuguese language.
1.9.9 Support of new Maps Tiger 800/800 XC
1.9.8 Indicator GST not refreshed mode tests, corrected. No display of the MAP value (Triumph 4 cyl) Diagnostics mode, corrected
1.9.7 Bug on the copy / paste of one or more cells (v1.9.6), corrected
1.9.6 Fixed minor bugs.
1.9.5 Support RC8R 2011. Fixed minor bugs.
1.9.4 Fixed a bug on Sagem ECU. Limit tables F KTM corrected.
1.9.3 Fixed bug corrected table I-Wet (Daytona race ECU). Redefining tables I (Triumph).
1.9.2 Support of maps Triumph 2011-04. Adding time adjustment cuts Quickshifter Daytona 675 2009 +
1.9.1 Problems with map reading and disconnections in Seven KTM, corrected.
1.9 Support KTM 690.
1.8.9 Ability to disable ISC on the Street Triple. Limit editing tables I increased (Triumph).
1.8.8 Some bugs fixed. Reading the ECU accelerated for KTM 990/1190.
1.8.7 Support for 2011 KTM 990SM/SMT/SMR maps. Adding the procedure for adjusting the throttle cable KTM.
1.8.6 Support Models Triumph Daytona 600/650, Speed ​​Four, TT600. Bug fix on changing tables I (Aprilia Futura).
1.8.5 Modifying Tables ease (see doc). Fixed minor bugs.
1.8.4 Adding the functionality to export table to a text file. Initiating communication with the ECU (KTM) improved. Display mode voltage GST Testing (KTM).
1.8.3 Adding tests for KTM coils and injectors. Bug when opening some maps RST Futura, corrected.
1.8.2 Support Tiger 800/800 XC.
1.8.1 Adding testing functions for KTM. Map Sagem devices (O2 sensor, IAD) inactive in v1.8, corrected.1.8 Support Speed ​​Triple 2011. Ability to copy / paste the table values. Adding a DLL file and delete the file key
1.7.9 Adding a recommendation before the disabling secondary butterflies (KTM) Fixed minor bugs. (B) Incorrect position of the GST (real time) in tables F, corrected.
1.7.8 Support and RST Futura Aprilia Caponord. Bug (Sagem) in the value scale injection time and Dwell, corrected. (C) ID Display Incorrect map (Keihin), corrected.
1.7.7 Option to display full screen mode mapping.
1.7.6 Adding the latest map Twins in 2010.
1.7.5 Support for Triumph Sprint GT, Thunderbird 1600/1700 and other 2010 Twins.
1.7.4 Support for 2010 KTM 990 maps.
1.7.3 Highlighting a row / column of the table by clicking on the axis Rpm or GST. Display / graphical comparison value by GST (F7 or right mouse button on the axis GST).
1.7.2 Problem reading map SuperDuke 2005, corrected. Display bug on comparisons of maps KTM corrected. Fixed bug off lambda sensor on Triumph twins.
1.7.1 Support for Triumph twins, reading maps and programming (except Thunderbird). Correction overall F separate tables or F.
1.7 Support KTM 990/1190, read mapping and programming.
1.6.99b Fixed bug on netbook, dialog windows were never active.01/06/99 Added Spanish language, diagnoses KTM 990/1190.
1.6.9 Fixed bug in editing the table I.
1.6.8 Fixed bug when changing the switch on Keihin

it is in the file historique (french) but google translate is your/mine best friend

link: https://www.box.com/shared/pusg6v7nyd

Spark01 screwed with this post 06-08-2012 at 03:49 AM
Spark01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #1668
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Seems like 1.7 is a good start to try then! however it does not list specifically that the cerification of compatibility was added.

So, if anybody still has 1.7 on their hard drive, most wanted! :)

StevenD screwed with this post 06-08-2012 at 05:56 AM
StevenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #1669
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
Seems like 1.7 is a good start to try then! however it does not list specifically that the cerification of compatibility was added.

So, if anybody still has 1.7 on their hard drive, most wanted! :)
Everything before 1.7.8C should work -> (C) ID Display Incorrect map (Keihin), corrected

P.S als je dezelfde bent op het LC8 forum dan heb je al een email van mij ontvangen met versie 1.7.7
Old 06-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #1670
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Hi Dusty, thanks but Vonkenboer send me 1.7.7 earlyer today (and several other versions by other inmates!)

Unfortunately they all tell me that i can not upload the older map file becouse it is incompatible with my ecu :(

I wonder how the guys that dit it by mistake have went about doing that. Can it be they all used tuneboy to do so? or did they use version 1.7, the first version to support the LC8's? Hopefully someone has 1.7 still available, i'd like to try that one still!

Next up i'm going to try the ktm dealer software and do a repair upload as powercell writes about after 'bricking' a unit. Who knows that could work!

boy would i like to build a garage out of these brick's, how cool would that be!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #1671
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,959
just wanted to mark my official entry into this thread. i have now bought a TuneECU cable from CJ and everything has been smooth untill now.

1. downloaded TuneECU ver2.2 from their website
2. downloaded the FTDI driver from link on TuneECU website
3. connected to the bike took some screen shots (for reference purpose)
4. Found 3 error codes, took 3 screen shots
5. started the engine and let it warm up (with TuneECU still connected), took screen shot for reference
6. stopped the engine and read the stock map from ECU. It took almost 2-3 minutes to read the map and then i realised i had left the COM port setting unchanged.
7. saved the stock map
8. Tweaked the COM port settings

unfortunately its kinda late in the night and i need to go get some sleep and will stop here now.

as i said it has been really smooth till now. I will slowly and steadily read the 100+ pages of information on this thread a couple times over and make some notes while doing so, then attempt at tuning my map. Final aim is to increase fuel efficiency but take care of AFR, for which i will do some dyno tuning once i find a knowledgeable tuner.

here are my screen shots :

First connection

engine started, Error code-1

Error code-2

Error code-3

map read and saved

thanks to all you guys
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!

Vicks screwed with this post 06-11-2012 at 11:31 AM
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #1672
MotorOlly
Sand basher

Oddometer: 32
Thumb 10%min on 2ndaries

Hey Rsquared

Your post persuaded me to do something I'd been thinking about for a while and set a minimum 10% on the secondaries this evening, everything else the same just upped anything below 10% to 10.

Waow what a difference to the snatch as the throttle begins to open! It was looking at the 2011 maps that got me thinking but this really is a huge step forward. The Akro map (08) was so rich anyway this minor mod has little effect and below the FL switch actually none as it runs on the MAPs. Wish I did it before the K2 rally last weekend, might have helped my clutch finger At least some of the snatch seems to have been the jerky opening of the secondaries.

Biggest tiny mod I've made. Awesome, quick, simple, super!
MotorOlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #1673
Rsquared
Echo

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorOlly View Post
Hey Rsquared

Your post persuaded me to do something I'd been thinking about for a while and set a minimum 10% on the secondaries this evening, everything else the same just upped anything below 10% to 10.

Waow what a difference to the snatch as the throttle begins to open! It was looking at the 2011 maps that got me thinking but this really is a huge step forward. The Akro map (08) was so rich anyway this minor mod has little effect and below the FL switch actually none as it runs on the MAPs. Wish I did it before the K2 rally last weekend, might have helped my clutch finger At least some of the snatch seems to have been the jerky opening of the secondaries.

Biggest tiny mod I've made. Awesome, quick, simple, super!
Good to hear. I've set mine at 25% minimum opening. I may go back and try 10%, just to see the difference. Between the thermistor mod, the F/L switch set 0 at 2400 and up, and the secondary limits, my fueling feels perfect and I really hate to mess with it anymore.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #1674
the foolish fellow
UP FOR IT

Oddometer: 140
Between the thermistor mod, the F/L switch set 0 at 2400 and up, and the secondary limits, my fueling feels perfect and I really hate to mess with it anymore.[/QUOTE]

What is the thermistor mod ?
X5 3.0d
FE 450 BERG
the foolish fellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #1675
Rsquared
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the foolish fellow View Post
Between the thermistor mod, the F/L switch set 0 at 2400 and up, and the secondary limits, my fueling feels perfect and I really hate to mess with it anymore.

What is the thermistor mod ?[/QUOTE]

Replace the stock 2K ohm thermistor in the air box temp sensor with a 5k ohm thermistor. Makes the ECU believe the air temp is 30 degf cooler. (for closed course only)

MotoOlly, Out of curiosity I reset my secondary minimum at 10% after reading your post. My bottom end throttle reponse feels much stronger at 25% minimum, so I changed it back 25%. I'm not sure why, possibly it's in conjunction with the thermistor mod.

Like you, I've found that tiny mods work together for great overall results. I'm done with mine, very happy with the way it runs...
Old 06-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #1676
knobbyjoe
knobbyjoe

Oddometer: 440
Rsquared,
Where did you get your 5k ohm thermistor?
KJ
knobbyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #1677
Rsquared
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobbyjoe View Post
Rsquared,
Where did you get your 5k ohm thermistor?
KJ
http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...T-ND&x=24&y=15
Old 06-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #1678
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 955
Rsquared, are you happy with both the way it runs and the fuel economy? A lot of guys have smoothed out their bikes by overfueling them.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #1679
Rsquared
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundOz View Post
Rsquared, are you happy with both the way it runs and the fuel economy? A lot of guys have smoothed out their bikes by overfueling them.
40.2 mpg on the last tank, moderate pace.

All of the problems that I had were at small throttle openings off-road and tight cornering on asphalt, bucking and surging, especially at 3K rpm. The bike ran fine past 4K rpm, so I believe most of my changes just affected the bottom end. I know it pulls hard now all the way thru, and there's no surging or bucking anywhere. I'm very happy with the results.

Rsquared screwed with this post 06-14-2012 at 08:08 AM
Rsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #1680
pdxthmper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
What base map are you using, have you played around with higher open percentages for the secondaries, or removed them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
40.2 mpg on the last tank, moderate pace.

All of the problems that I had were at small throttle openings off-road and tight cornering on asphalt, bucking and surging, especially at 3K rpm. The bike ran fine past 4K rpm, so I believe most of my changes just affected the bottom end. I know it pulls hard now all the way thru, and there's no surging or bucking anywhere. I'm very happy with the results.