Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 08:57 AM   #1726
mattc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 400
Thanks! Just in time for the weekend (hopefully!).
Old 08-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #1727
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by mato409 View Post
is a good idea to put the same values that i have above 5000 rpm ?
thanks for your replay
No just better do it step by step.
Lower the suspected area with 10% and try again and see if it has effect.
If not change back the orginal value and try another spot that is close by.
(for example my bike is lowered ~10% on 1-2% TPS between 2400-3250rpm)

As for the full throttle setting it is better to aim for a airfuel round 1:13,2
Most of the dyno graphs i have seen (including my bike) are set round this value for the most power output.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #1728
mato409
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
No just better do it step by step.
Lower the suspected area with 10% and try again and see if it has effect.
If not change back the orginal value and try another spot that is close by.
(for example my bike is lowered ~10% on 1-2% TPS between 2400-3250rpm)

As for the full throttle setting it is better to aim for a airfuel round 1:13,2
Most of the dyno graphs i have seen (including my bike) are set round this value for the most power output.
Thanks
mato409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #1729
mattc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
I gave my custom map to CPR Fabrication for my '10 990. Contact Chris and I'm sure he will send it your way

Got the tune, going to upload it to the bike tonight and try it out! Thanks!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #1730
shootis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
2007 map that gets 42 mpg

I have a map that works very nicely on my 2007 bike and I got 42 mpg on the last tank with mixed back roads driving. I have Leo Vince mufflers and have done all of the usual de-smog items.

It has very little, if any snatch and works well with no surprises. It has the values from the 2011 Euro map with the butterflies at 25% min and the F/L values set to 0 above 2000 rpm.

Another Inmate was kind enough to share the base map (with the Euro settings) with me and I made the above tweaks to it.

PM me for a copy.

Thanks,

Shootis

shootis screwed with this post 08-23-2012 at 12:54 PM
shootis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #1731
mattc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc View Post
Got the tune, going to upload it to the bike tonight and try it out! Thanks!

Went for a quick spin last night after uploading the new map.

The main differences (looking at the values in TuneECU) are for the second TB's. So instead of just dumping fuel, restrict the intake path a little to get the right AFR.

I like it. Runs well with good readings on my bouncy O2 gauge.
but I think I will change the FL switch points to those recommended in this thread like I have done with previous maps for smoother low throttle operation.

Thanks moto-treks!!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #1732
jconly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power-Tripp View Post
Ok, I do NOT have TuneECU maps for the 07-08 990 ADV models. The maps I have available are in TuneBoy/TuneECU format. Even though I build engines, and map engines for a living, I try to share maps as much as possible. I have been overwhelmed by requests for maps that I do not have. Sorry, guys (and gals), but TuneECU has only been available since May of 2010, and only last Fall did it finally become able to work with the KTM models. I do not have a large collection of KTM maps for TuneECU as a result. TuneBoy/TuneEdit is a different story, but these do not use the same file format, and it takes MANY hours of detailed work to even attempt to convert one format to another - time I simply do not have to spare.

Also, most 990 ADV owners, and KTM owners in general, do not have their bikes mapped. Some simply do not know that it can be done or understand the benefits, and this includes 99% of all KTM dealers. This limits the number of custom maps that will be produced for a given model year range.

The 07-08 models have different cam timing, and require different mapping. Considerably different.
I will not have a 2007-2008 ADV back on the dyno for mapping with TuneECU for a month (Late Sept/early Oct.). I have two scheduled at this time.

NO, you cannot use maps from different KTM 990 models, or across different years with different engine modifications. The SMT and SuperDuke engines make considerably more power, and require considerably different fueling and ignition timing.
YES, different exhaust systems make a BIG difference in what the engine wants for best output, response, and fuel consumption.

As soon as I get a couple of these 07-08 ADVs mapped with TuneECU, I will see what I can release to Tom and Alain for the TuneECU map list.

Right now, I am very busy building engines and mapping bikes for the end of the racing seasons - drag, dirt, and road racing. As well as normal street customers.

As soon as I have a couple of maps available for the 07-08 models, I will send them to Alain and Tom to host on their sites. I PROMISE!

I hope this helps.

-Wayne
So, I'm only slowly working my way through this thread.
Only on page 79, and wanted to hold off to finish it before doing anything.. but the itch is becoming overwhelming!!

I have a 2007 990 US w/ Leo Exhaust and the de-accel popping is driving me crazy. Was initially going to ask if Power-Tripp's 2009-2012 map would work, and I found his answer. Can't use newer maps in older bikes.
I'm going to head to the garage today and sync my TB's and adjust my TPS.

But I'm about to hit the road for two weeks here in a day or two, and I'd love to swap maps before I go.

My question is this (and sorry if it has already been addressed later in the thread) but, if we can't use newer maps on older bikes due to engine differences, how come 990R maps exist for "all years?"

I have about four maps I'm thinking of trying right now.

KM601AK0603D01Map - '06 990 w/ AK & o2 On
KM601AK0702S01Map - '07-08 990 w/ AK & o2 Off
KM601AK0704501Map - '07-08 990 w/ AK & o2 Off (US Spec)
KM601EU0902032Map - 990 R w/ AK all years & 02 On

But which one do I go to? The second and third I list look identical in software.
I was expecting the 990R version to only really differ in the higher RPM's for the secondaries, but it looks like the maps are different across the entire board. I'm very curious about this map.

Thanks guys, sorry I couldn't wait till the end of the thread!
jconly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #1733
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 952
No R models in US until 2009, so "all years" can be misleading. 2009 - 2012 maps are interchangeable with each other only. You can still copy sections from new to old maps, though be aware that the motors (cams) are different, so this should be done with caution and with a good handle on FI tuning. Keep reading the thread. There is also another TuneEcu thread with some good info...I think it was started by an inmate with an older bike (?)

Linky added:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=tuneecu

Understand this is an older thread and TuneEcu software is updated and changed frequently.

RoundOz screwed with this post 08-23-2012 at 12:12 PM Reason: Added link
RoundOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #1734
shootis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
jconly

I'd look two or three post's up for a great option.

But I might be biased,,,,

[/QUOTE]
But which one do I go to? The second and third I list look identical in software.
I was expecting the 990R version to only really differ in the higher RPM's for the secondaries, but it looks like the maps are different across the entire board. I'm very curious about this map.

Thanks guys, sorry I couldn't wait till the end of the thread![/QUOTE]
shootis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #1735
Tom-Hamburg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Update August -21-2012, TuneECU 2.3.4 now Released

Update August -21-2012, TuneECU 2.3.4 now Released

Note:
* Lambda sensor can be deactivated in map 0 and/or map 1 (Walbro Euro III)
* Added some Walbro maps.

BR, Tom
Triumph Rocket Roadster
Tom-Hamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #1736
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,209
Quote:
. Runs well with good readings on my bouncy O2 gauge.

Thanks moto-treks!!
Do you have your 0-2s on? They read back and forth in less than a tenth of a second.
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #1737
mattc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
Do you have your 0-2s on? They read back and forth in less than a tenth of a second.
Yes, my O2's are on.

I did not specify, but I was referring to WOT or high loads where the bike should be going into open loop. That is my main concern at the moment to prevent damage from being too lean. Pretty much all other times the gauge is bouncing back and forth as would be expected in closed loop.

Should I try looking with O2's off just for education?
Old 08-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #1738
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
I gave my custom map to CPR Fabrication for my '10 990. Contact Chris and I'm sure he will send it your way
I got your map from Chris. I converted it to an 07/08 format. It has a few flat spots in the 3200rpm 10% tps range on my bike but I suspect that is because my butterflies are out. Also at 100% TPS 3-5k it was very rich. If you look at the 2nd throttle map in these ranges it backs up the fact that their there for keeping up the velocity of the air charge. Did your tuner tune each cylinder? I'm looking at the front cylinder right now. Nice closed loop area. Should be good for 50+mpg on the highway. If it works this well on my bike , must be the shizzle on yours.

After I put my 2nd throttle plates back in and check both cylinders I will send it back to Chris so he has a map for 07/08 bikes. I'll just be looking for lean spots and checking ignition timing with my knock sensor to make sure it will be ok for bikes it wasn't mapped for .
Old 08-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #1739
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes, my O2's are on.

I did not specify, but I was referring to WOT or high loads where the bike should be going into open loop. That is my main concern at the moment to prevent damage from being too lean. Pretty much all other times the gauge is bouncing back and forth as would be expected in closed loop.

Should I try looking with O2's off just for education?
Not worth the bother to turn them off. You have to remove them or they will go out. I've got a chart with basic A/F ratios per RPM vs load I will try to post later for you.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #1740
mattc
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoeacr View Post
Not worth the bother to turn them off. You have to remove them or they will go out. I've got a chart with basic A/F ratios per RPM vs load I will try to post later for you.

Cool, thanks. I would like to see that.