Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #2116
TarmoM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Small problem with my 2012 990 ADV. It has stock exhaust and stock everything. But the throttle is absolutly insane. It's either on or off...so to speak. No way you can ride this thing smoothly. Very disturbing. I'm suspecting it is running some other map, maybe Akra. As I bought it as demo bike, it maybe had akras installed and then removed.
So, after i can check which map it uses and if i'm correct...for what should i change it to?
Help a newbie, please
TarmoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #2117
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarmoM View Post
Small problem with my 2012 990 ADV. It has stock exhaust and stock everything. But the throttle is absolutly insane. It's either on or off...so to speak. No way you can ride this thing smoothly. Very disturbing. I'm suspecting it is running some other map, maybe Akra. As I bought it as demo bike, it maybe had akras installed and then removed.
So, after i can check which map it uses and if i'm correct...for what should i change it to?
Help a newbie, please
I'd put in the 2012 R map with standard pipes.

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #2118
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,759
In case you are running Akra maps, your O2 sensors are turned off.

Quote:
But the throttle is absolutly insane. It's either on or off...so to speak. No way you can ride this thing smoothly. Very disturbing. I'm suspecting it is running some other map, maybe Akra.
When you install an OEM map they come back on. Then you can check if you have one malfunctioning. I believe I had problems due to O2 sensor faulty.
Cheers.

gefr screwed with this post 04-14-2013 at 08:36 AM
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #2119
outfront
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Help a newbie, please
Mine had the same issue; I installed a G2 throttle tamer, adjusted the slop out of the cables and had a guy put it on his dyno to turn off the O2 sensors and fine tune. It runs pretty good now.

2012 990R
06 KTM 525 EXC
outfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #2120
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 969
Sounds unrelated to your map. More likely throttle cable adjustment, tps adjustment (or faulty unit), throttle body balancing...all things that TuneEcu can help with, or take it to a competent dealer. No "standard" map change should give you these symptoms.

Quote:
Help a newbie, please
Old 04-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #2121
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 716
2007 ADV 2-1 wings

OK I put a post up yesterday but have gotten nowhere So maybe Ill ask here cause this is bugging me to no end.

2007 ADV 990 running US spec Akro Map 2-1 exhaust and wings can no bafel SAI on 02 Sensors off no codes but on light accell up through the RPM the bike start to hesitate and pop/backfire and then gets worse as the RPM increases.

If I hold the throttle wide open or hard accell everything seams ok, still has hesitation but better then light accell. Ive done the 15min idle after remap and the first 2 times I tried the bike would not run the 15 min untill I turend the 02s back off and SAI on.

Once this was done I got the 15 min idle done and the idle seams excellent but still has bad hesitation on light accell and a bit on hard accell. The bike seamed to run better with the stock map.. performance wasn't on par with my old SE (apples to oranges I know) but the driveabilaty was much better.

Is there a good base line that works with the 2-1? Bike is pretty much stock except the exhaust and Canistorectomy.
spencergt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #2122
pieterdp
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Wings and Rottweiler map

I have just received my Rottweiler filter and Wings slip-ons and will most likely be fitting them this weekend. I haven't come across a map for this yet (have read up to around page 40 of this thread), except for the Akra map on the Tune ECU site...

Is there anyone with a similar setup (2011 990 R, dual wings, Rottweiler filter and SAS removed) that is willing to share their map?

Any assistance will be much appreciated as I am quite some distance from the nearest dyno...
pieterdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #2123
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,759
I thought you were getting a map together with Rotweiler filter...

So no map? The Akra map is not appropriate, as the intake is much more free with this filter in place of the OEM, even with Akras installed. Mixture is going to be much leaner.
Cheers.
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #2124
pieterdp
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Maps on CPR web site

CPR has a map on their website for TuneECU, but no mention of what the set-up of the bike was. I will email them as well for more info, but was hoping to get a more relevant map from here. Still holding thumbs.

Update: CPR has advised that the map will work for my setup, so sorted at this stage :-)

pieterdp screwed with this post 04-18-2013 at 11:34 PM
pieterdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #2125
mwinder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
any chance you could send me your shootis map for a 2007 adventurer? thx eh!
mike
mwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #2126
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,111
I've just send an Email to Alain from tuneecu, but perhaps here in the collective there's a solution already, or other peaple that would be very interrested in the same!

Here the mail I send, feel free to comment with your thoughts.

Hi Alain,
Once again, what a great program you have written!!

I'm currently in to imporoving my fueling tables since i bought a wideband meter. After my bike i want to tune some friend bikes as well. All goes well and i'm getting huge improvements already.
The problem (or inconvenience) that I run in to is in moddifying a large amount of cells. With my wideband I calculate changes for nearly 1000 fields in tuneecu. Is there a way to copy and past a trim table or a complete new fuel map in the program from an excell file where I do the calculations with measured AFR? That would take many hours of adjusting fields and tens of thousends mouse click's off from creating a new map.
Right now it only seems possible to export a table and to copy and paste tables within the tuneecu program. Either copy pasting from external programs or the ability to import a table from a file would be huge for me.
Many thanks and kind regards,
Old 04-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #2127
sabink
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
temperature compensation when O2s are off???

Does anyone know if the KTM 990 ECU compensates fueling in different temperatures when O2 sensors are off??
sabink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #2128
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Sure, thats what the IAT, air intake sensor is for. next to the MAP and surrounding pressure sensor.
O2's are nice for cat's not for dog's.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #2129
sabink
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
Sure, thats what the IAT, air intake sensor is for. next to the MAP and surrounding pressure sensor.
O2's are nice for cat's not for dog's.
Thanks!
sabink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:06 AM   #2130
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenD View Post
I've just send an Email to Alain from tuneecu, but perhaps here in the collective there's a solution already, or other peaple that would be very interrested in the same!

Here the mail I send, feel free to comment with your thoughts.

Hi Alain,
Once again, what a great program you have written!!

I'm currently in to imporoving my fueling tables since i bought a wideband meter. After my bike i want to tune some friend bikes as well. All goes well and i'm getting huge improvements already.
The problem (or inconvenience) that I run in to is in moddifying a large amount of cells. With my wideband I calculate changes for nearly 1000 fields in tuneecu. Is there a way to copy and past a trim table or a complete new fuel map in the program from an excell file where I do the calculations with measured AFR? That would take many hours of adjusting fields and tens of thousends mouse click's off from creating a new map.
Right now it only seems possible to export a table and to copy and paste tables within the tuneecu program. Either copy pasting from external programs or the ability to import a table from a file would be huge for me.
Many thanks and kind regards,
C'mon, how do you all do it? You all modify a thousand fields by hand, like I just did??